Overseer - Fippy Darkpaw

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Velisaris_MS, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Velisaris_MS Augur

Well, now we know how you get him...you buy him.

Overseer Starter Bundle - 995 DBC

Includes "exclusive" Elite Fippy Darkpaw!

I hate this company so much.
  2. Nniki Augur

3. Zamiam Augur

so save up 2 months of your SC and buy one ? is it right that you have to do that no .. The dev's evidently want to make it a pay to win game .

However maybe there is or will be a way to get this Elite agent thru in game means rather than marketplace ..
  4. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I don't see the problem yea save for two months with sc and no biggie. I already got for two accounts and will get for my other two as well. I enjoy overseer.

Andarriel
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  5. Zamiam Augur

It would be kewl if they sold an item (similar to Krono's) on their "shop store" that gave the player SC but was tradeable/sellable in game . like "paw bucks" :p they could be Gold in color as krono's are green ..
  6. Tatanka Joe Schmo

How is it pay to win? What "winning" can I do with Fippy that I can't do without?

"Pay to have fun" or "pay to be a completionist" is closer to correct.
  7. dreadlord Augur

aha! so *that's* why free accounts can now get all the rewards from overseer
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

As a note if you want to purchase this item it ends up in /claim and fippy is the last agent on the list so he is easy to miss.
  9. Zamiam Augur

maybe pay to win wasnt the right way to put it , but as overseer is part of the game (everquest) people pay to have something in game that others players who dont want to spend R/L money on should also be able to get said item in game ..

This topic came up awhile ago for something else that was avail in marketplace where people could purchase it, but not achieve it in game even though it was part of the game .. I cant remember off top of my head .. People coined the phrase "pay to win" .. maybe "pay to play" .. I know a long time ago vet rewards were part of that discussion when people were buying years of subs just so they could retro their vet rewards before that all got changed .. there are other examples i cant think of right now .. Luck stat that could be purchased in marketplace (i dont remember , but wasnt it avail in marketplace before they added it to loyalty vender?)
    another example the Ancient gods illusion from fan fare people were able to purchase the ticket and not go to fan fare but they got the illusion anyways .

Granted an fippy agent isnt pay to win there is no power you get from it that will have an advantage in game accept for the fact that that advantage can only be acquired thru a marketplace purchase ..

I'm not a scholar and I'm terrible at spelling and grammar and I have limited vocabulary (big words confuse me ) lol .. so please forgive ..
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

What has Fippy got to do with Faydwer quests?

I'd like to be able to purchase just Fippy, I have all the other agents and it is only him missing now, so no use for the other agents that come with him, this really should have been in at the start. :(
  11. Jumbur Improved Familiar

There are very few thing in the marketplace you can't get for free with some patience. I think expansions are the exception?

Its only pay to win if you spend real money on it, there is not a lot of difference between loyalty crowns and DBC imo(at least not for the patient).
    Buying a krono and selling it for plat is more "pay to win" than this.

That said, Im not spending any DBC on overseer, until the bugs has been fixed. Losing quests on zoning, really dampens my enthusiasm with overseer...:(
    dreadlord likes this.
  12. bigpapa Augur

it seem to be one per account? i tried to claim it on another server ( same account ) and was not able to,?
  13. Zamiam Augur

are you asking a question , as you have ? marks at end of your sentences or are you making a statement and accidentally used the wrong punctuation . clarification is necessary for me to make a logical deduction in answering your query :p
  14. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Yeah, it even said it in the description. The very first line was "This is a one-time Purchase Bundle". I had a feeling before I bought it that I would only be able to get it once. As soon as I bought it, it disappeared from the market place on that account.
    Andarriel likes this.
  15. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

yup one per account and then you gotta use /claim to get it.

Andarriel
  16. Maedhros High King

I think this is fantastic. Going to buy 1 per account. Thanks DP!
  17. Stephen51 Augur

So just to clarify are there 13 Elites in game or 12?

Is Fippy available through play, or only via a purchase?
  18. Velisaris_MS Augur

You can only get Fippy if you buy the pack, and you can only buy it once per account.
  19. Zamiam Augur

there are only 12 Elites that you can get via overseer quests .. the 13th Elite as stated above by Velisaris is only purchasable via the Overseer pack thru marketplace and only once per account ..