Enchanter Nerf Actually 30%

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by CabdruTTV, Jun 18, 2020.

1. CabdruTTV New Member

Charmed rock golems used to hit for 160 max damage a hit. After the nerf they are max hitting for 112. That is a 30% nerf not a 20% nerf. Can someone get something right over there DPG? Servers? Nerfs inputted correctly? Anything?
  2. Cohhfarmage Journeyman

Why are you complaining? 112 is still very OP. 112 will easily out damage any class in your group. IMO, they should have reduced the damage by 50%.
    Delphwind, Thalliius and Nordgaren like this.
  3. Nordgaren Elder

It kinda sucks for solo enchanters farming mobs like The Ghoul Lord, but it's really not THAT bad.
  4. Nordgaren Elder

Also, doesn't the level of the Rock Golem effect it's damage? A 48 Rock Golem isn't hitting as hard as a 51 Rock Golem. Did you also have any buffs missing on the Golem? I vaguely remember rock golems hitting for between 120-160.
  5. Nordgaren Elder

Oh, and did you give it a weapon? Sword of Runes?
  6. JustDarryl Journeyman

A wise man once said, easy come, easy go.

I'm not entirely sure who said that, I was neck deep in my new book on tape, The Girl with all the Gifts by M. R. Carey.

On a positive note, I've been told enchanters are still the strongest class.

But what do I know, I'm just Darryl.
    Thalliius and Loze like this.
  7. Nordgaren Elder

Are you being paid by "Big Books On Tape" to make these comments?
    Pikles and Loze like this.
  8. Aegir Augur

Rock Golems still have like 10k HP, that's what makes em nice charm pets.
    Thalliius likes this.
  9. Dyzalot Augur

You don't judge DPS based upon max damage. A 30% decrease in max hit could equal a 20% decrease in sustained DPS since the minimum hit may not have been adjusted. Only way to know for sure is to have some sustained DPS parses from before and after the change to compare between.
  10. a_librarian Augur

I'm not subbed but I'm pretty sure the max hit on the golems you can charm with Allure is 140. You need Boltran's Agacerie and like a level 53 golem to get the 160 hitters iirc.
  11. Dyzalot Augur

Also, don't all the good enchanters charm the Capturers that can do double backstabs from the front for 300+ anyways? Why test a golem?
  12. a_librarian Augur

depends if you expect the pet to tank or not. The golems have an obscene HP advantage over the elementals
  13. Tierdal Augur

boohoo?
    Thalliius and Nordgaren like this.
  14. Relentless Insomnia

A wise man once said, Forgiveness is divine.... but never pay full price for a late pizza.
  15. Dyzalot Augur

Yeah makes sense. Haven't been in many if any Hole groups where we exclusively had the charm pet tank. Maybe had a monk tank a couple of times so tankage was kind of shared between him and the pet, but that's about it.
  16. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

[IMG]
  17. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

So because Cleric CH is op nerf chanters?
  18. Dyzalot Augur

I think you missed the context that the post you quoted was written for.
  19. OliverQ Elder

Capturers are good, but most 50 enchanters go for the golems because they make better tanks.
  20. Machen New Member

In one specific zone.

Enchanters were overpowered but let's not completely dismiss all new data because of that. Is it 30% accross the board? That's worth knowing. Let's not base our rage on max hit on one single mob. Could well be that the OP didn't charm the max level rock golem, they don't all hit for the same max hit with a five level spread.
    Skuz likes this.