Overseer and AA xp

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by seaninsa, Jun 18, 2020.

1. seaninsa Journeyman

If DBG is going to give toons regular xp why not have quests that give AA?
    Angahran and Yinla like this.
  2. Nniki Augur

Ngreth said they still needed to work some things out in order to add them.
    Fanra and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  3. seaninsa Journeyman

Sweet...would be nice if they do :)
    Fanra, Gyurika Godofwar and Coagagin like this.
  4. dreadlord Augur

Personally, would rather they directed their efforts to fixing what we have atm - it's horribly broken and the devs seem unwilling to acknowledge that
    Jumbur and Velisaris_MS like this.
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Define "horribly broken".

Cause I've gotten a ton of use out of it, and have seen an occasional bug. But "horribly broken"? Not even close.
    code-zero, Andarriel and Nennius like this.
  6. Nennius Curmudgeon

I have had problems with it, but "horribly broken" grossly overstates the situation. I think of it as an extra thing. An add-on. I have used it to level three characters. Two to 115, and one more from 89 to 91 with more to come. It could be better, but it is useful.
    code-zero and Andarriel like this.
  7. dreadlord Augur

As per all the other threads: Set up 5 quests. Switch toons; 3 quests missing redo quests; switch toons; 2 quests missing, redo etc; switch toons; 3 quests missing, redo etc; switch toons redo repeat repeat repeat
    That never happens to you?
    Or claim 1 reward and suddenly it says 10/10 claimed?
    Or you claim reward, switch toons - all the agents you just got have disappeared?
    Night after night; day after day (ie not just very occasionally)
    I call that 'horribly broken'
    Namde and cadres like this.
  8. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Sorry, I can honestly say it has not. Yeah, I can see how you'd say "horribly broken". Also, haven't seen two of these three issues you mention, mentioned in the threads I've seen. Just the 10/10 issue.

When you say "switch toons", you mean on the same account? I'm using it on 6 accounts (but mainly just three), but only opening the overseer window on one char per account. So I log in one, do Overseer, then log all the way out, and then back in on a different account.

Just out of curiosity, why have more than one toon open Overseer on an account? Aren't you maxing out one at a time?

Full disclosure: Issues I have seen:

1 - log in, only have 4/5 quests active, 5th disappeared. I see this about once every 3 days, over three accounts.
    1b - log in, see 6/5 quests active!!! See this maybe once a week
    2 - log in, no quests active. No idea where they went. Seen that twice.
    Veteran_BetaTester likes this.
  9. dreadlord Augur

I have several accounts. I don't claim overseer on my main toons - they don't need it. Other alts do. I started regularly switching from one toon to another when I was getting up in the morning having set up 5 quests to find i had only between 1 & 3.
    For eg, I mostly want xp on my clr, so log clr in, claim rewards, set up quests. Switch to ENC, 3 quests missing, redo quests, switch to clr, 2 quests missing, redo etcetcetc

So it takes quite a bit of doing to get 5 quests actually working on each account. There's been a number of threads in the bug report forum about it
    Pretty much everyone I know has this happen at least sometimes. Some of us seem to have it happen all the time :( For some reason 1 of my accounts has it happen much less than the other 2. I've tried every which way of permutations of number of accs logging in at once/zoning or not etc and it's made no discernable difference
  10. Zamiam Augur

Isn't the overseer feature server based so only 1 toon on each server can run the overseer if you log in another toon on same server that toon can access overseer and play around with it but any quests you've done or already completed towards the 10/10 max will be same for any toon on said server .. unless they changed something ..
    so switching toons on same server on same account does nothing afaik .. different server sure or if you have multiple accounts ( is that what you meant by switching toons dread ?
  11. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Have you tried just NOT opening Overseer on the other chars, and just opening it on the one who will claim the rewards?

The only account I log in more than one char these days is my main account, where I also log in my Bazaar alt. But he never opens Overseer. Try that, see if it works.
  12. dreadlord Augur

No idea where you got that
    Each *account* has its own overseer account (that's 'normal' servers' i know nothing of these new-fangled funny servers....)
    So any toon on any account - yes what you said
    Completely different accounts - no, that's what I'm talking about
    The problem is with missions poufing - you can wait overnight to see if that's happened or log in a different toon (or the same toon) at the time and see
  13. dreadlord Augur

Yes, I've tried only logging one acc in at a time; changing the order I log them in; waiting for 30 minutes after setting up each quest; every permutation you can think of. No difference.
  14. Zamiam Augur

ya I dont log in different toons on same account to check my overseer if I'm using overseer for my main or an alt on said account whatever toon I used is the one I log in to check or complete quests with .. like tat said above try doing that .. loggin in different toons might be messing things up ..
  15. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Wow.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Its not logging in differnt chars, if you zone you can also loose quests. On occasions even if you don't zone you lose quests. Because of this I've stopped doing it on all my accounts and only do it on 1 and I zone after getting 5 quests just to make sure all 5 have taken, 9 times out of 10 I am at least 1 quest missing and 8 times out of 10 at least 1 quest I have already claimed has come back so it can be claimed again.

I have yet to see the claim quest numbers increase or get stuck, but I know others have.

Overseer is very buggy still.
    Jumbur, dreadlord and cadres like this.
  17. seaninsa Journeyman

I wonder if this will ever happen? If they are willing to give regular XP why not give AA XP for Overseers. It is nice that you can get good XP for mercs through Overseers.
    Yinla likes this.
  18. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I agree that they need to fix the more serious bugs, before they add extra functionality.

Meanwhile, if you haven't completed your older collections, you can think of collection fragments as being worth half an AA. :)
    dreadlord and Barton like this.
  19. seaninsa Journeyman

Yes working on that but as noted in the threads I found the process through Overseers a Charlie Foxtrot!!
    Jumbur likes this.
  20. Namde Augur

Wait a second.... Quests disappear??! Here I thought I was forgetting to get them all added or I dont notice when you get that stupid error because you picked spy A and it wants spy B. Its happened a few times and assumed I was losing my mind lol.

Yinla and dreadlord like this.