NPCs in Classic through Luclin will inflict 20% less damage while charmed

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Risiko, Jun 17, 2020.

1. That0neguy Augur

Oh no. My frog in seb is only going to quad for 200 instead of 240!!! Can't play an enchanter anymore I guess.
  2. feigntrain Elder

I don't have any problem doing crowd control. Consider reading and learning what those words mean before you reply to a comment. I said there is risk. I didn't say it's hard. There is risk. Fact. Please learn the difference between the words "risk" and "hard to play".
  3. auto21 Elder

OP is good material for a meme.
    Forums (and the game) are full of foaming adolescent entitled kids.
  4. auto21 Elder

I agree, it's not hard. Nothing about this game is "hard". All exp and raids are basically tank & spank with MT positioning and a CH chain as the only so-called strat...

Chanters instead require constant "maintenance" with CC, buffs and the pet. It's wearing/annoying after a few hours so imho should be rewarded with high grp efficiency, control and dps. Most other classes literally just sit/stand there and click a few abilities and then sit down whilst watching netflix - then complain their dps isn't as high - of they don't get that grp invite as fast. It's much more annoying if you also box the only healer.
  5. feigntrain Elder

I don't understand why so many people think "hard" and "risk" are synonyms. Stop strawmanning. Nobody ever said charming was hard. They said there is risk. If you can't comprehend the difference that's a you problem. Don't @ me.
  6. taliefer Augur

there is no risk
  7. feigntrain Elder

Great. Another person who doesn't understand how charm works, chiming in.
  8. taliefer Augur

I used charm to level my way to 60 on 3 TLPS now. like i said earlier, the risk is so high i do my charming on an alt that I dont have to pay attention to its so high. cant stand that much risk staring in my face. much better to only tab over /grab the other mouse when charm breaks.

and in case sarcasm isnt clear, charming is so "risky" it can be done entirely on a box without even paying much attention to the chanter. its mind numbingly easy with 0 risk of death unless you do something stupid like go AFK with the pet charmed
  9. feigntrain Elder

No you didn't. If you did, you would know that there is risk. Charm can break. Charm can be resisted. You either have zero understanding at all of how charm works, or you're one of these people who thinks risk = hard. Nobody said charming was hard. Learn what the word means before you try arguing over its application.
  10. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Charm has more risk than any other damage producing ability in the game. You, a veteran, know this. It sounds like your chief complaint is that the risk is minimal, which is something that has been addressed relentlessly in these conversations - it is a problem solved by weakening the physical strength of the enchanter by reverting the mitigation data table changes as applied to Enchanters, not nerfing the DPS of the charm pet.

We have already seen what the charm nerfs do to this class post PoP. A vast decrease in the amount of Enchanters, because even with their neat auras and later game abilities, it is never as fun as in Classic.

There was no problem with charm DPS except the fiction invented on these forums. At this point they may as well just buff the animations and do away with charm, to prevent these jealous-induced rages on the forums by people that can't be bothered to stick around on a TLP for more than a year.
  11. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Paladin's get the same best heal in Classic as Druids and Shamans. It's pretty crazy considering they're a tank Class. Granted this goes away in Kunark. But for Classic it's actually pretty nutty.
  12. taliefer Augur

charm can break early? who knew. must be a new mechanic. resisted spells huh? if only there was a way to minimize the chance of that happening. maybe some kind of debuff or two. if i was designing the game, id give one of these debuffs to the main charming class, and even consider adding another debuff line that stacks with it to other classes to promote group play and synergy. but those damn eq devs, 20 years and they still cant get it right.

enchanters have so many tools to handle charm breaks, there is no risk. and if you are in a group, are they all afk when the pet breaks? i mean, even if they are you should be fine, but if they arent its even LESS RISKY.

theres more "risk" of dying to a server crash than a charm pet break with any half competent enchanter
  13. feigntrain Elder

Ok, you just outted yourself as not knowing how charm works. Move on.
    WaitingforMoreEQ likes this.
  14. Accipiter Old Timer

The angst is real in this one.

I, too, have played an enchanter on 3 TLPs (or 4, I lose track). While you can't say there is no risk in charming, it is pretty low. This is especially true if you have any support in your group. Malo from shaman/mage, snare from druid, a real cleric, a bard to help on breaks, etc. But even without these, the risk to an enchanter is much, much lower than it was in original EQ. A hasted rock golem is pretty mean, for sure. So is an ilis wizard. On the flip side, charming in Grieg's End was stupidly easy. My enchanter would just tank both the ex-pet and target mob while getting things under control and that was with zero raid gear. Yeah, I would still say charming is pretty low risk.
    Thalliius and taliefer like this.
  15. Sikkun Augur

Then the risk is pretty high given most enchanters must be incompetent.
  16. Drewdwn New Member

I think you might actually need medical attention.
    Thalliius likes this.
  17. taliefer Augur

the risk is so close to minimal it may as well be non existant. as you say, im a veteran. ive grouped with boxed chanters, real chanters, my own chanters. the risk is so minimal it may as well not exist. it certainly isnt in line with the reward of the insane dps that charm pets *still do* even after this nerf.

I think people are conflating risk with "hassle".
  18. taliefer Augur

you keep blowing off better players than you, how do you expect to improve?
  19. taliefer Augur

apparently. i guess ive been lucky
  20. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

He's not wrong at all though. The "less risk then a server crash" comment you made is pretty dumb.