NPCs in Classic through Luclin will inflict 20% less damage while charmed

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Risiko, Jun 17, 2020.

1. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

The "Big Charm" was a hasted golem. For reference this is at 47, before i got Lich, the 48 pet and the 50 Poison dot.
  2. Velven New Member

Well @xyroff-cazic I think the employees that spent there time developing and implementing this change to charm pet damage. Should have been removed from there development work on a nerf to maybe help working on a fix that would stabilizing the the servers? or maybe they could have been tasked with spinning up a new replica server of Aradune, so the paying customers could actually log into the game?
    or maybe if server migrations are such a hard ship they could have dedicated some development time to build an automated solution that would help the company with server merges?.
    I also think your Idea is not that bad to be honest, i think if what we have seen from Aradunes launch maybe they should just start Studying to become sys admins!
  3. error Augur

I really don't think adding a modifier to charmed pet damage is on the same level as a complete overhaul of a dated MMO backend. And it's pretty obvious after a decade+ of server issues that they either don't have the resources for such an overhaul or refuse to allocate them.
  4. Bard2019 Elder

Very good change that was much needed. Even the top Enchanters that play TLP have to know it's a good change, even if they don't want to admit it because their hugely overpowered ability is nerfed. No one likes nerfs, obviously. But the other option was to bring other classes DPS up to match and we all know DayPaw will never put in that sort of effort. If you think for a moment it makes sense for a bare-naked epic-less Enchanter at level 50 to be able to out damage a fully geared level 60 Magician *with* their epic pet, your opinion on game balance is null. I honestly don't even believe that a 20% change is going to make a lot of difference and will still see Enchanters are the top of the parses, albeit the gap will be slightly less.
    Thalliius likes this.
  5. CyryllisFenninRo Lorekeeper

Just proves that if you whine long enough you can get anything nerfed.

Instead of nerfing charm, why not revert the mitigation changes and hp scaling back to how it was years ago. Charm pets would wreck enchanters much easier and it would be more balanced.

There's no reason that practically ungeared cloth wearers are able to tank mobs as easily as they currently do.
  6. Bard2019 Elder

The fact that all those are summoned pets versus one that you cast spells upon, altered it's mind and used magic to forcefully control it, makes all the sense as to why it should hate you if they get free. Further, you're an Enchanter, which means you are the king of crowd control. If you are so bad at playing your Enchanter that you can't even keep your 1 pet in line, I would hope no groups would want you around. Consider working on your crowd control and grouping skills and stop relying on the one broken mechanic that your class has... er, I mean "had".
    Thalliius likes this.
  7. RandomStrategy Augur

I, for one, as a Paladin, woulf like to have some of this "OverPowered" stuff everyone keeps talking about.

Seriously.
    Thalliius and Dyzalot like this.
  8. Gnothappening Augur

In luclin you get a weapon that makes you the best choice for ramp tank... not glorious I know and the hammer looks dorky, but it is the best I got for you.
  9. RandomStrategy Augur

If one could only still attack like the mob that drops it can do when you are under the effects of the proc....it would then be considered "OP"?

But we can't.
  10. IDotPeople Augur

Could be worse, could have fear kiting nerfed into the ground, to be replaced by some melee healing only to have that nerfed into the ground later. Still waiting on them to revert that one, I still refuse to play on live because of that.
  11. Gnothappening Augur

Or have the glorious wizard job in sky of eating a death touch.
  12. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

1. LOH
    2. Your agro
    3. DA Hammer in SoL
    4. Divine stun
    5. Slay undead AA in SoL that makes you do Top teir DPS as a tank class
    6.QWoT

Pallies get a lot of OP stuff you just need to wait a few expansions before you get most of it.

7. If were being honest Pally heals are broken AF in Classic.
  13. Hadesborne Augur

And you blew your load going hard on that ONE kill. The charm pet can get a CH and keep going, where is your mana CH hmm? Don't try and pass that ONE parse off like it's the norm. Try that over the next 30 mins of chain pulls. Where is that Necro DPS now? I have played a necro for 20+ years and I know BS when I see it.
    Thalliius likes this.
  14. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

No i didn't "blow my mana" that's 2 dots Ignite Blood and Venom of the Snake + Pet attack. It's mana neutral for a necro with clarity, with Lich it's mana positive and you can throw in a plague or second fire dot.

Necro and Mages are much better then Charm pets in Classic outside of plane of Sky. In Kunark monks and Rogues are better outside of Chardok. In Velious every DPS is better outside of Velks and Kael in SoL ever DPS is better. Charm pets aren't really all that great in Classic-SoL outside of 3 or 4 Zones like.
  15. error Augur

Yeah, basically, that's why a parse from a single fight is worthless. Hasted charmed pets in PoFire do a sustained 900+ dps. My mage can match or beat that by hitting all his cooldowns and getting couple lucky crits. But sustained dps in an exp group where I can't dump everything on every pull? About 400-450dps fully Time geared. So posting a parse of a single fight would tell you nothing.

Really weird that the "nerf" doesn't extend to at least PoP content.
  16. Nicorus Elder

the tlp game needed some balancing, half the server being enchanter and monk isn't fun or classic. Risk v reward has seen the risk reduced hugely since 1999 for charm between internet improvements to no corpse runs to different character ac tables and on and on and now they finally adjusted the reward, don't pretend the original risk was as low as it was today just be glad you had 10 years of an equation skewed in your favor.

It should have been a 50% nerf to charm and a 20% nerf to monks, I remember them absolutely trashing summoned pets with nerfs a couple years ago and no enchanter seemed to care about it then.. A balanced game is more fun and lots of classes have seen nerfs and power creep over the years, some focus on tlp balance is welcome.
    Sokanist likes this.
  17. JustDarryl Journeyman

You've been caught double posting!

But what do I know, I'm just Darryl.
  18. Dyzalot Augur

You need to think "2nd level". If it pisses off enough charming classes and they quit then the queue problem is "solved".
  19. Dyzalot Augur

Monks are OP? Don't tell the monk I just had in my Hole group who swore up and down that he would do more damage with a weapon than his bare fists because he didn't have a haste belt yet.
    Tucoh likes this.
  20. RandomStrategy Augur

The only time paladin heals start getting really useful is when they can chain group heals in PoP.