In Progress The Last of the Storm Boars

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Demendred, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Demendred Lorekeeper

I am doing this quest, I never get an update on the first part. I head to the fort.
    The orc spawns and i kill it, I loot the Terse Note I never get an update.

What am I missing?
    Sooron likes this.
  2. Axxius Augur

3. MiataDriver Augur

I could swear they posted they fixed that bug.

Yep, in theory fixed by the Jan 15th update, guess perhaps it wasn't after all.
  4. svann Augur

Another couple things you can try
    1. Dont loot using advanced loot. Leave it on the corpse and then loot it manually. For every step.
    2. Have the task leader loot everything.
  5. Jeraldo Rivera New Member

This is still not working correctly. I have tried it probably 20 times in the last week and it still will not update on the first part. I have tried tanking with a player, killing in room, killing out of room, only getting the quest on one player. Will not update past the first part on CT.
  6. Jeraldo Rivera New Member

There has also been quite a few times that I have tried it where the orc doesn't spawn at all for the first step.
  7. JeffHanson Augur

I have completed this task on three different characters. It took about 30 attempts total because of all the ways it can bug out.

The task design is a nice idea, but horrible implementation.
  8. Haganwood New Member

I have tried this quest multiple times as well and haven't been able to get an update on the first part either, Cleared room, killed in Room, Single pulled outside of hut, etc... No joy last thing I need for Partisan of Eastern Wastes and can't get it done. Please fix this quest!
    Jeraldo Rivera likes this.
  9. Prathun Developer

We'll take a look. Sorry for the inconvenience.
  10. Absor Developer

Do you mean that the very first element is not updating, or the element about looting the note is not updating?
  11. SubEffect An Original Lord of Fizzle and Whiff

For those having issues with the orc spawning in the giant fort, from experience with other EW quests that require spawns/updates, there seems to be a general timer on them. So, for example, if someone had just killed the orc, and you are now there trying to get him to spawn, there may be a timer (say, 10-15 minutes), before that orc is eligible to spawn. Same goes for the Ada updates, etc.. there seems to be a timer before the update is obtainable. I'm not saying the quest isn't bugged in some way, but the timer is my personal observation having done EW partisan tasks many times. I'm sure a dev could confirm :)
  12. Velisaris_MS Augur

This is why these progression groups tasks need to be in instanced zones, not the base pop zone.

In EW, before you do the first step, it's a REALLY good idea to ask if anyone else in the zone is doing the task and what step they're on. If they just started, you may want to give it about 10 min or so before starting yours. And make sure you never double-up with another group on the same step in the task...it usually bugs out for someone.
    birdsong_pawn likes this.
  13. Smakk Journeyman

This bug is still listed has ‘In Progress’ or ‘Fixed Internally’, however there is still something very wrong with this quest. I’ve tried completing it a dozen times now and still no closer, please revisit this quest and correct whatever problem is causing it to not update correctly.

Thanx!
  14. Thunderkiks Augur

Had no trouble we with this task ever but I didn't use a pet or merc to tank so your results may vary. Just ran it again last week.