Missing Characters post 6/17 patch

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Long_Time_Player, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Long_Time_Player New Member

Just a heads up, I am missing several characters on a couple of accounts post patch. Make certain you double check your roster...
    Kezzan likes this.
  2. Detrolyn Journeyman

I have the same problem.
  3. Kezzan Journeyman

Missing multiple characters also. Already put in a ticket.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Would be a good idea to post this in the BUG forum. If you click like on the first post then it gets the devs attention. Petitions do well also.
  5. niente Developer

If you are missing characters you can send me a PM with your server and the character name (or the name of another character on the server/account). You can also submit a ticket with CS. We will re-link the characters to the account for you.
  6. Detrolyn Journeyman

@Niente, thank you for FINE customer service....

The first toon you restored i have had longer than my oldest child.
    niente likes this.
  7. Rumor New Member

Also missing characters from several accounts. Might be a little short on plat, but need to think about that one more. Did not check items.
  8. Zamiam Augur

guess you guys scrolled past the response
  9. Pawtato Augur

How does this keep happening?
  10. nuelawen New Member

Nuelawen on Xegony still missing

I sent a ticket to CS yesterday

I have no idea how to PM you
  11. Zamiam Augur

scroll up to her post .. click on her Red name when her profile page comes up there will be 4 tabs click on the tab that says information and then start a conversation with her .. its basically sending her an email thru the forums ..
  12. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

The way it was explained to me, is that your account has a list of characters attached to it. When the character select tries to load up characters, any characters that fail to load, like because the database is being slow that day, get removed from the list and aren't checked for again until manually reset.

Possible solutions may be to not remove characters immediately on failure, maybe add a counter, and only when that counter reaches 3 remove them; or to add a 'recover characters' button with a long cooldown to ask the server to recheck for unattached characters.