NPCs in Classic through Luclin will inflict 20% less damage while charmed

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Risiko, Jun 17, 2020.

1. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

/GU A rock golem in 58s, 12202 @210 4650 Necro+level 43 pet | Big Charm pet 3850 | Rat Charm pet 2399 | SK 1303

Why would you need a Charm pet when you can just have a Necro or Mage that's doing more damage then the Charm pet?

Keep in mind I was at 47 at the time of this parse and 48 gives Necro a massive bump in DPS with Lich and new pet, also keep in mind Necro get undead Nukes and if we were camping undead i would've been using the undead nuke for even further increased DPS since it has a better mana/damage ratio then all but one of my dots.
  2. Weebles101 Journeyman

Because mages and necros cant haste melee, clarity casters, and mez 5 things at once?
    Thalliius likes this.
  3. taliefer Augur

charming is so high risk I always put my chanter on my secondary pc, or alt tab it to the background. I cant imagine how people who main enchanters stare at the screen with all that risk, just waiting for the charm to break and be all murder mode. it must be nerve wracking its so high risk.

my anxiety cant take that much high risk staring me in the face. much better to hide that huge risk in the background and not think about it as much
  4. taliefer Augur

Having worked in a grocery store for years during high school and college...he probably does. you'd be surprised at how many people think the person stocking the shelves is the one setting the prices. people be dumb.
  5. Velven New Member

So lets get this right, DBG has spent the last month Not fixing the absolute worst user experience i have ever seen in a game, but have instead invested there time implementing a nerf for a 21 year old class.
    Wow this company/game is pathetic no other words come to mind. They have taken a once great game and driven it literally into the ground. Don't get me wrong if they want to change enchanters go nuts but fix your s*** first.
  6. RilerDevour New Member

Want a perfect example of terrible decision making?

Anger half the player base by nerfing an OP mechanic, but not actually addressing the OP issue. Essentially, make folks mad without fixing the issue. Literally the worst of both worlds.

Well done devs! Par for the course and totally expected bonehead move!
  7. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Posting this nonsense immediately after the post above you is amazing
    Thalliius and taliefer like this.
  8. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

But were talking about DPS here. The CC/Pulling role can be filled by many different classes. Haste and Clarity both come in Pot form. Bards provide better Clarity for casters since Pot+song>clarity. Haste for Melee is pretty irrelevant when Mage/Necro pets out DPS melee classes and can haste their own pets. By Velious Bard haste is better then Chanter haste.

Keep in mind when you nerf Charm you're also nerfing Druids which are already a pretty weak class compared to Cleric/Shaman
  9. Velven New Member

I actual think you do not understand how business works, and that maybe you might be one of the people stocking shelves?
  10. Weebles101 Journeyman

Discounting an enchanter because a necro can do more dps is like discounting a shaman because a cleric can heal more... they do completely different things. Not to mention a fruitless argument, because you need a CC’er anyways.An no, the cc role cannot be filled by many different classes. Tell me how well that bard mezzes those rock golems.
    You’re argument about mana regen is nonsensical, because with or without mana pots you still get more regen with a bard. It would have made more sense if you said that mana regen pots invalidate clarity, but that’s just a pay to win discussion. Your haste argument is basically “mages and necros exist so haste isn’t needed.” Because groups mever have melee classes, right? And bard haste is not better than enchanter haste in Velious, although bards do get overhaste.
  11. Accipiter Old Timer

I don't agree with this change, either. But how does a 20% reduction in charmed mob damage equate to in "literally destroyed"? It's a minor nerf. Be glad it wasn't more.
  12. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

You must be right. Your complaint was about "Not fixing the absolute worst user experience i have ever seen in a game, but have instead invested there [sic] time implementing a nerf for a 21 year old class." So you believe the employee(s) who spent time implementing this change to charm pet damage should have been spending that time doing what exactly? Studying to become sys admins? Please explain what you "actual think" about how this business should work for me! Thanks for sharing your knowledge!
  13. Hinastorm86 Augur

A level 50+ rock golem, with 1 or 2 weapons (quadding) will poop on any and all dps.

Give us more than one fight also, if you every decide to link parses again. And more information, was the golem even hasted? Was it given a weapon?
  14. Kodachi Augur

I'm really wondering why the cut-off at luclin not velious or planes of power. That just seems like the oddest expansion to pick since charm isn't super relevant in luclin... its all about aoe groups.
  15. Arog Augur

Where did the OP read that charmed NPC do 20% less damage. I did not see that anywhere in the patch notes today.
  16. Hinastorm86 Augur

It's there. Oddly it wasn't in earlier versions.
  17. Hinastorm86 Augur

I wish they nerfed it 50% so I could drop my enchanter and replace him with a dps that doesn't make it a pain in the *** to afk when I need to, which is often.
    Dyzalot likes this.
  18. Accipiter Old Timer

My guess: They only did this to shut up the whiners. Luclin era was the sweet spot for no reason whatsoever. IOW, they threw a dart.
  19. Arog Augur

Where is it? Either I am blind or I have been trolled.
    I am blind. Found it.
  20. Gnothappening Augur

Anyone thought that maybe they looked at a spreadsheet or report and said, "hrm, people have been complaining that charm was too strong and everyone would roll an enchanter. Aradune seems to have about 25% enchanters. Maybe it is a bit over done?"
    Thalliius likes this.
  21. Tierdal Augur

You out DPS'd a rat pet...as a necro.... grats?

Try a hasted golem.