ToV Review Change My Mind

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Pawtato, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Whulfgar Augur

LMAO
  2. Tatanka Joe Schmo

How about this.....

First of all, maybe don't even tie it to an expansion. Like a GMM zone. So, completely remove any worry about it being tied to progression.

Next, how about a GGG or DDD approach? You pick a difficulty, and off you go. Top skilled players in raid gear will be able to go through more difficulty levels, while others may only clear the easiest. This way, everyone gets to enjoy it, but the top tier get the bigger challenge, and bragging rights to go with it.
    Ssdar, Whulfgar and Zamiam like this.
  3. Heajol Augur

I'll jump in from a different perspective. As a returning player who hasn't played anything current since TBS, I'm loving TOV. Maybe it is too easy for regular players and especially raiders. But for me, it has allowed me to catch up at least to the point where I'm able to find guild and pick up groups and not be stuck in a corner by myself boxing everything to try and catch up.
  4. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

I respectfully disagree with your assertion, sir.
  5. Xyphen Maximum Augur

My bad, I was going off of your YouTube video. I got it my second attempt, too. But then I wiped the next 4 attempts due to RNG damage spikes and/or Bend the Knee. I didn't find the mission trivial at all.

So split your raid in half and try them. Or split your raid in quarters and try them. Or try them with one group.
  6. Pawtato Augur

That’s what I do whenever I read your posts lol.
  7. Whulfgar Augur

I respect that.
  8. Whulfgar Augur

100% ..

And for instance only thing you could gain is perhaps aug's .. or something thats not game changing like actual armor / off slots ..

Aug's would be a good thing.
    Tatanka likes this.
  9. dirgenoobforreal New Member

Goddamn we got a fkin genius amongst us.

Well, no. How about the developers make actual raid content instead.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  10. Tatanka Joe Schmo

As with many things in EQ, and in life. You can complain about the things you cannot change, or change your approach to help make things better.

I like his idea. Fewer raiders per instance, means more gear/drops per player. Why wouldn't you just do that anyway?

Sure, keep campaigning for raids the way you want them, but this is something you could do in the meantime.
  11. Zvenn Just an old monk

i think the moral of these never ending threads critiquing the expansion is such:

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time” ― John Lydgate
    Cicelee, CrazyLarth and Whulfgar like this.
  12. Xyphen Maximum Augur

Remember that one time, a week ago, when you said you were basically an idiot that knows nothing about EverQuest?

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...yer-trying-to-understand-monk-gearing.267721/

I'm sure in that week of playing on a TLP you now fully grasp the logistical challenge of balancing EQ raid mechanics for hardcore, dedicated raid guilds vs those (more common) casual guilds.
    tacotrucks, Tatanka and yepmetoo like this.
  13. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

If a group zone is balanced for raiders it needs to give raid level rewards.
  14. Szilent Augur

This has been done, with Ashengate and Frostcrypt on TSS release. There were riots, they both had to be severely nerfed ~immediately.
  15. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

If you participated in beta, your opinion is welcome here.

If you did not participate in beta, please excuse yourself from the discussion or simply accept what you received. EQ doesn't exist in a vacuum. It requires some attention. In order to properly balance the game it must be tested. With so many variations in gear, skill, abilities, AA, levels, coordination and guile - it's neigh on impossible for a small studio to test properly on short timelines.

tl;dr Participate in Beta. It helps everyone.
    Xyphen likes this.
  16. Pawtato Augur

Nobody should participate in Beta, it's locked behind a paywall. They charge you at the time of purchase now versus expansion release. If, they're lacking participation that is 100% DPG's fault.

Also, if you look at Dev posts on the topic it mostly boils down to they're going to follow their own decisions regardless of feedback.

TLDR: Don't participate in Beta.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...get-this-over-with.259468/page-6#post-3819665

17. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

how DARE they want you to buy the expansion! 99% of the folks who *want* to beta test are going to buy it regardless... even if they think it's horribad.. so what matters if you buy it a few weeks / months earlier than you otherwise would have. you also get those horrible beta ornaments =)

#gobacktoillusionbetarewards
  18. Zamiam Augur

Come on now sometimes you get a sand(rock) garden :p Feng shui .. I say I say
  19. Bigstomp Augur

Group geared players can easily beat the raids this expansion. And can smoke the group content. TBL was much harder for group geared doing group content. (and raids as well)
    Whulfgar likes this.
  20. Bigstomp Augur

I develop software. And while I can promise feedback is listened to, that does not promise we do what you suggest.