So did they not fix anything?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Knaki, Jun 17, 2020.

1. trashmemes Lorekeeper

Too logical of an approach. Also a second server would cost money. We can't have DPG spending any of that cash we gave them to play their 21 year old game we like.
  2. Relentless Insomnia

No second Aradune just speaks to how out of touch some of the decision makers are.
    basslera likes this.
  3. Pikles Journeyman

Queue's already at 5m! Enjoy the gaming you may get today!
  4. sirelothar New Member

Expected it to be much higher by now!
  5. trashmemes Lorekeeper

I legit feel sorry for people who put their optimism and faith in DPG to fix this issue. As much as we'd like them to do the right thing and make a second server, it's becoming clearer that they do not care at all about the ethics or optics of their behavior.
  6. nagash101 Augur

its basic business practice that has worked for 1000s of years, happy customers spend more money and are retained longer.
    Pizzanomicon likes this.
  7. nagash101 Augur

yes for sure. I have been in Pugs from day one and every PuG has had new or returning players after 10+ years. They are all frustrated, the ones that are still around, that is. I don't even bother adding to friends list anymore because of the disgruntle customer issues DBG/DPGs has just ignored. They are about to see a mass exodus from Aradune, they had this week to fix this crap and they didn't. Customers 30 days subscriptions are up soon. Not one word about what they are gonna do and when. Some cryptic stuff about server tools/bug fixes but that doesn't seem to have done anything useful.
  8. nagash101 Augur

Wait until tonight its gonna be UNPLAYABLE, lol. either you look at a queue or you have lag so bad you crash and cant play. Either solution ISN'T a solution. Apparently they have ONE solution that makes any sense and that is ANOTHER Aradune server. AraNoLAGNoQueue!!!!!!
  9. Monstarz New Member

Option 1: Wait till the new shiny wears off and the herd thins....like every other MMORPG that launches something new.

Option 2:Move to a less populated server

Option 3: Find a game you are happy with. Making room for those who have patience making us happy.

Option 4: Continue being bitter and making forum posts raising your blood pressure over nothing of consequence.
  10. HoodenShuklak Augur

It's not bad around 3am est. Adjust accordingly.
  11. Monstarz New Member

No lag for me. Loading times are same as usual.
  12. Creedmonk Augur

5m is great news... What's it at currently anyone know? yesterday at this time it was 185m roughly right now I think?
  13. nagash101 Augur

nope i have 8 more days to complaining and ask for the right thing to be done so i can actually play on a classic TLP server that i subbed specifically to play on. if you don't like the complaining stop reading and defending a company that isn't remotely doing the right thing.
    Option 1: Bring up another Aradune Server.(best and likely only solution)
    Option 2: Extend subscription for ALL Aradune players by 30 days.(Never gonna happen)
    Option 3: Communicate that you are working on a solution that handles all the players on Aradune!!!( (Never gonna happen, LOL)
    Option 4: Explain to the community you messed up and give us all a refund.(leaning this way now.)
  14. Pizzanomicon Augur

I just don't get how random basement nerds run mass scale MMORPG emulation servers but "professionals," can't handle a few thousand people. All jokes aside I get DPG is a pretty small company and they can't afford to hire the absolute best, but at the same time.... see above.
    Wesleypipes77 and nagash101 like this.
  15. nagash101 Augur

Right...its crazy.
  16. Monstarz New Member

Point us to your mmorpg that you run.......

roject 1999 had two servers: a PvP Server (Red) and a non-PvP server (Blue)
    The green server will, at a time yet to be decided, eventually merge into blue and start over again.

3 servers with the third getting merged into the blue. I am guessing popultion is small.

Your welcome.
  17. Vaxpo Elder

You forgot Option 5: Make excuses for your abuser and convince yourself that their actions are okay and should be defended.

Pretty obvious which option you chose.
    DirtyOldMage and Wesleypipes77 like this.
  18. Bluetangclan New Member

WTH? The biggest problem in this game was queue followed by stability. I can deal with stability issues if I have the ability to log back on and get back to it. They apparently chose not to do anything about the biggest single issue in EQ right now? What a worthless update. 4:55 with a 45 minute queue time. Assuming because the servers just came up.

Derp extra servers cost money. Um no, they have a ton of old servers hanging out in the closet from all the servers they have taken down over the years. Get one of those, clone Aradune and put it back up and offer transfers. I clone and process equipment on a daily basis. You cant possibly tell me they dont have a file copy of the server to load into it. Its not rocket science.
  19. Bluetangclan New Member

45 minute queue and climbing, man, I dont know what lack of queue you are talking about.
  20. Sikkun Augur

“ more importantly right now, that standing up another server would likely have tremendous impact on crashes on all live servers, including the new progression servers.”

Because Aradune isn’t the only customers they have.