Why the Necro nerf???

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Master Kahleem, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Master Kahleem Augur

It didn't make sense, Necromancers are still in serious need of their dots being rebalanced etc to go in-line with how strong Shaman/Dru dots are now.....so you make a weird arbitrary change to how necromancers work?? It was a huge timing issue before something died to get your recourse going to make lich recovery easier to manage in-between pulls.

Was there some massive imbalance going on with live that isn't very visible??? Wouldn't it make more sense to bring the latter versions in-line if that's the case so TLPs aren't heavily impacted??

Some more visibility into this would be great :D!
  2. Jaime Lannister Augur

Yeah this hits pretty hard.
  3. trashmemes Lorekeeper

Frankly, DPG had no bigger problems to fix, so they handled Necromancer class balance in this patch.
    HoodenShuklak and Aylion like this.
  4. Hadesborne Augur

Wow, why do away with the recourse? Have the devs ever played a necro? Then you fail to continue the revamp of the fire lines down to the low levels like you did with the shaman poison/disease lines. What a complete fail.
  5. Kiaro Augur

So not having been able to get online and test these spells yet.
    What exactly is the issue? Do the DoTs heal you for damage being dealt to the mob now rather than a set value from the recourse? Because you know, recourses were a slap in the face nerf to necromancers back in the day. You used to be able to heal like Deadpool using our leech line of spells. Because you could cast them on 5 mobs at once, and you'd get healed for 5x the amount!
  6. Kobra Augur

When you cast a leech spell you get a buff that keeps healing after the mob is dead. Sounds like they removed that feature. Haven't been able to log in and test the change yet.

If that is indeed what they did it is a huge nerf.
  7. Kiaro Augur

So if this is a reversion back to how it was originally, its not a nerf, but it will require a shift in how you use it.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

You may well be crying prematurely here.

There is so much required to do a full spell revamp for Necromancers there is likely to yet be further changes to spells & if so those later changes might do exactly what you complain about here, Aristo just hasn't had time to get to that part yet.
  9. Moranis Augur

Can someone explain exactly what this means? I'm confused with the difference between a "resource tap" and a "reflected recourse spell":

- Necromancer and Shadowknight - Changed Vampiric Curse and Bond of Death to use resource taps rather than a reflected recourse spell to return health to you.
  10. Jaime Lannister Augur

When the target dies, you now don't continue to get the healing.
  11. Moranis Augur

Ah damn - that's weak. TY for explanation.
  12. Xanathol Augur

This is a good change for other reasons, though the return percentage should have been a 150% return like the rest of the line.
  13. Kiaro Augur

Just imagine you can use Vampiric curse in PVP again.
  14. Hinastorm86 Augur

Another overreaction to a relatively minor nerf, just like with the charm change.

Keep your shirts on buds.
  15. Ickybudz New Member

I mean, were people complaining about the way this worked before that I somehow totally missed?

Bond of Death is totally screwed in Classic. Just plain stupid. Fix issues with the game, don't create more.
  16. Tierdal Augur

did you um, miss the whole necro dot revamp that was done a few months ago?

also,with the dot bug...necros are one of the strongest KSers in the game.

dunno wtf you smoking.

boohoo your personal clarity is less good?
  17. Hadesborne Augur

Let's see, who asked for this change? NO ONE. In fact we specifically said that our Tap-over-time line was fine and didnt stack anyways and we were good with that. So they remove stacking from the other dot lines, then add stacking for the tap over time line. The exact opposite of what the goal was. boggle
  18. JustDarryl Journeyman

I've never heard of this term, please explain!

But what do I know, I'm just Darryl.
  19. Zansobar Augur

Bond of death is now rarely worth casting (you need it to tick for around 7 or more ticks before it's more efficient than just casting a lifetap dd) except on very long fights.
    Skewert likes this.
  20. Xanathol Augur

Le sigh... Bond can now be cast on multiple mobs and each one provides healing. It can be focused and crit (when applicable) and scale with that as well. As posted previsouly, the only miss here was scaling for the healing portion should have been 150% (something else this change enables) like the rest of the line instead of 100%.