NPCs in Classic through Luclin will inflict 20% less damage while charmed

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Risiko, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Risiko Augur

This is quite possibly one of the worst changes in EQ history.

You literally destroyed one of the most enjoyable playstyle that has been in the game since day one.

I hope the complainers are happy now that EQ has been neutered. I guess snaring, rooting, and mezzing will be next. Might as well go play any one of the millions of other MMORPGs out there if they are going to take the very essence of what made EQ different away.

Very disappointed.
    Duder, wade_watts, code-zero and 3 others like this.
  2. Ishbu Augur

How is a charmed pet still out dpsing any player destroying a play style exactly?
  3. MetalJacx New Member

Yeah, i do not understanding this change. This is one of the large draws of the enchanter play style in classic. We came back to play classic. Also why mid cycle, with this change. I feel this change should have happen at an expansion release. Instead you have people who hit Max level already and raid cycle to take advantage why the less hardcore are put even farther behind with this change. I just don't understand changes like this.
  4. Noggy New Member

20% is not nearly as catastrophic as you guys are making it out to be. We're still kings of CC and bring plenty of utility to the table - having a charmed pet do *slightly* less damage is hardly class breaking, good Lord.
    Sokanist, Thalliius, Malachi and 5 others like this.
  5. RahkstarRPG New Member

By far the most melodramatic take on this I've seen yet.

Sincerely, another Enchanter.
    Sokanist, Thalliius, Malachi and 6 others like this.
  6. taliefer Augur

its going to change pretty much nothing
  7. booka New Member

pretty simple. a bunch of newb karens who never play this game came on here and complained to get their way. now that they have gotten it, they will leave and the real players get to suffer from this retardation.

its not a huge nerf, but one that wasnt really required. verina tomb and vp key spawns should be fixed/looked at before this crap
    wade_watts and Pikles like this.
  8. Healiez Augur

Its a drop in the bucket.

My group was clearing 75% of live side Lguk yesterday and STILL had downtime because the puller didnt want to deal with the length of the pulls...

Even with a 20% nerf to charm we still would be clearing the same amount of mobs. There just arent enough mobs in any zone to support a fully kitted out hasted charm pet.

Charm is still fine, charm pets will still do stupid damage, charm is still a low risk high reward play. Anyone who thinks charm is high risk high reward is either a bad enchanter, or just wants to feel UbER LeeTZ

Signed,
    An Enchanter
    Thalliius and Lateryn like this.
  9. Arclyte Augur

"20% less damage from a pet that was outdamaging my entire group?"

LITERALLY DESTROYED TOTALLY UNSUBBING

lol clowns
    Sokanist and Thalliius like this.
  10. Sethiroth Augur

It’s hardly game breaking. A charmed pet can out dps a group in classic, a 20% reduction on dps is hardly the end of the world
    Thalliius likes this.
  11. Ilshade Augur

So do we get 20% of our money back on subs ? If you main an enchanter cause you too 20% of our game away
  12. Sakuraba Augur

Don't worry, this didn't only affect Enchanters. It affected Druid and Necromancers too, in the very limited locations that they actually get to use their charms.

But you still have C, Augmentation, Mez, Root, Pacification, your Animation, Runes, Stuns...
  13. Remedial New Member

Let's be real. We all know that enchanter pets are OP. We are all a little happier when we get into a group and it is a double enchanter. When we look for a replacement it is not ever a rogue, ranger, or wizard. It is always Enchanter -> Mage -> Necro. This small adjustment won't change anything in that regard. There is no current risk to charming. You aren't paying for a classic experience - that was gone when they got rid of corpse runs and added quality of life items like origin and extended targets. You are paying for nostalgia and the chance of a fresh start that you may have never had. Move it along - nothing to see here.
    Dijz likes this.
  14. Healiez Augur

I am curious what zone can support double charm...hell most zones cant support a single charmed pet.
  15. Weebles101 Journeyman

LITERALLY DESTROYED
  16. Megazen Elder

It's a giant nothingburger. 20% damage reduction will be hardly worth even thinking about, given how much damage charmed pets do anyhow. What I find really funny, isn't the end of the world pronouncements, but the people gloating over this, as if it's going to make any real difference at all.

I think they probably did this to give the victim mentality set a "victory" so maybe they would shut up finally.

This change will have zero actual impact, the overall speed a group kills things will maybe be effected by 10%, which means you'll be sitting for 5 minutes waiting for respawns, instead of 5 minutes and 20 seconds. It also doesn't effect PoP, which is where you could actually make a legitimate argument that some of those charms are OP.

What is really freaking dumb though, is them making any kind of nerf, in the midst of the giant tire fire that is their game currently. Whatever dingbat there thought this was a good time to introduce ANY nerf, for any reason, even if warranted, should be fired on the spot. Pro tip, when people are already pissed, don't do something you know is going to piss them off even more.
    Sokanist and wade_watts like this.
  17. feigntrain Elder

Spoken like someone who has never heard of risk vs reward. They haven't removed or even reduced at all the risk of using charm, but they have greatly reduced the reward. It's not as worth doing now.
  18. feigntrain Elder

Calling for nerfs is against forum rules.
    Risiko likes this.
  19. SoandsoForumUser Augur

Literally destroyed.
  20. Healiez Augur

So now its low risk High reward instead of low risk busted reward.

Charm is NOT high risk, its not hard. People who think/say charm is high risk game play are either bad enchanters or are up-selling themselves.
    Thalliius, Dyzalot and Cantari like this.