Enchanter pet nerf

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kryshael, Jun 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. c313 Augur

This comment is like the reason why they're nerfed lol.

A charmed pet with 70% haste, quading for 200 sounds INCREDIBLY overpowered and honestly deserves far more than a measly 20% nerf. I'm quite glad Enchanters charm is getting nerfed. 20% is too small in truth.

This 20% nerf won't do anything other than add +2 seconds to your average kill time.

You guys are still going to be top group DPS. Will still be the thrived class to get in a group.
    Fenixe17 likes this.
  2. Creedmonk Augur

Yes it sounds incredibly strong to anyone in the group who is taking advantage of the Enchanter that is doing it. It's very easy to sit back as another class in a group and reap the benefits of having that Enchanter but understand with that pet, the Enchanter is at risk. People will rant about it not being a risk but it is. Not to mention not being able to AFK for a moment if you need without causing the whole group issues, or having to use to restroom, get drinks, talk to family it's all things that people take for granted when grouping with an Enchanter.

Say what you all want about Enchanters not being "difficult" to play, but there's no other class that carries the burdens of a group like an Enchanter. The 20% nerf isn't the issue for most, it's doing it less than 1 month into a new TLP launch once leveling up to level 50 already. I personally would have went a different character if I knew a nerf was coming for Enchanters.
  3. Ishbu Augur

The way enchanters are crying you would think 100% of them are using steel hilted flint daggers or better at all times in Kunark and beyond
  4. Hythos Augur

Meh. If it makes other people feel good about themselves, fine.

I didn't think a nerf to charmed-mobs' damage was necessary (though, wasn't it already nerfed 20-25% in 2002?).
    I also don't think it's going to matter (much). Competent Enchanters are smart enough to figure things out to where it won't affect their (our) ability to conduct business as usual.
    The 2nd character I created was an enchanter 21 years ago, and I've stuck with it as my main ever since. Time goes on.
  5. Delphwind Augur

Should have been a 50% nerf TBH, they are too strong and you all know it. It's a balance issue that should have been done years ago.
  6. Uumdano Augur

You call for this but have no idea the end results. What if the reduction actually boosts dps on raid mobs because they generate less threat, what then? As it is with motm, you cant go all out with charmed pets, the agro transfers directly to the enchanter. A dead enchanter and a buffed pet + a raid mob is not really a good idea, not to mention the reduction in healer mana trying to save said enchanter.

So if the pet develops less threat because they are doing less damage, perhaps their threat has also decreased allowing for more uptime of attacking, with a result of increased dps. If you think this is not a possible result, you have not been playing EQ very long.
  7. Pinchos New Member

Mobs take slightly longer to kill with enchanters. Oh well. Still strong.
  8. Buddi Elder

Yes, this is a point that many miss about charming. If you tie up one mob's spawn with your charmed pet, you are giving up one kill. If you are only controlling 10 mobs, then that's 10% of the XP lost. Now, you can just kill the pet once you have cleared, but it makes the cycle a little longer.

However, if you have unlimited mobs to kill, then nbd. But if you are in LGUK with rights to one or two nameds and the trash around them, it could be an issue. So why even charm in that instance? Fast DPS is not more damage, its just faster damage.

Always get your pet from your neighbor's trash is my motto. Even if keeping your pet out of the neighbors trash is good advice IRL.
  9. dreamweaver Community Manager

This thread has generated a significant amount of reports and pages since it opened this morning. It is locked while I can review it.
    Delphwind likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.