Aradune -- nothing in patch notes

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Stune, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Galaras Lorekeeper

Appreciate the further clarification. This was helpful and insightful. Thanks.
  2. Domniatric Augur

I'll renew my subscription when service returns. Good luck fixing this mess.
  3. kit74 Lorekeeper

Why did you not say this the 1st time thank you for the clarification
  4. Munxor New Member

Canceled both my accounts. User names Rudeboy150 and Mistwalk101. Feel free to verify it, Mepps. No hyperbole here. I came back for this server specifically and have enjoyed my time in-game when I was able to get in. I even brought a few friends to play along with me. The reality is, though, I just can't justify monthly subs for a situation where anything but 10pm-6am PST is unreliable to play. I'm open to resubbing (no, you can't have my stuff) when this dies down but the reality is based on today's post I see no reason to believe this is going to change in the short term.

5. trashmemes Lorekeeper

No problem. That is, of course, if DBG has the integrity to refund customers for the game they have not been able to play.
  6. Sikkun Augur

What not all problems are scalable just by buying new hardware!!!! What??? Shocked, shocked I tell you.

And every post that ever says “we just want to hear something!!!”, is a lie. Only thing that will make forumquesters happy is “it will be fixed x date”, outside of that you will always “be doing nothing” on here.
    kit74 likes this.
  7. kit74 Lorekeeper

No what mepps just posted was the information that most wanted

Not freaking we are monitoring the situation... useless post
  8. trashmemes Lorekeeper

Let's play a game called "name that MMO company other than DBG that couldn't support 5000 players on a new server." You go first.
  9. MaestroM Augur

Because of this line "Medium-term, if the crash issues can be resolved, we can explore another server."

This comment right here, that a new server is not off the table, is an ENORMOUS announcement and likely came as the result of LOTS of internal discussions about whether a new server could ever be possible.

The answer is "if XYZ, yes a new server is possible". Whether it is likely or not is a separate issue.

People are still parsing dev posts from years ago about this game. When you tell them a server might be coming, people change their behavior and you better be able to tell them why its not a good idea when you eventually decide not to do it.

No amount of wiggle room in the statement is going to save them now. People will be expecting a new server now. That's why they waited.
  10. Sikkun Augur

Launch was in 99
  11. Jontrann Augur

100% correct, Mepps latest post was great and that's what should of been said in the first place.
  12. Tewts New Member

Popped up Recently? This problems been going on since day 1 of the darn server. 22 days ago. Twenty Two Days ago.... Aside from "monitoring" the queues, what EXACTLY are you doing to fix the problem? From this side of the bench it seems like a whole lot of NOTHING. your doing NOTHING, your sitting on your hands HOPING that the problem goes away. Its absurd.

You guys dont police the AFKers or the Botters, AT ALL. Period. Last I logged in there was a dude sitting at EXG in Sol-a for over 48 hours. AFK Bot farming. You say one thing and do a totally different thing.

You guys crapped the bed, and instead of cleaning it, your rolling around in it hoping it goes away on its own. Its disgusting, it smells bad, and it speaks volumes about the company you work for.

Give us Refunds while you "monitor" the queues. Comp us 2 months of game time if its no big deal. GIVE US SOMETHING....

other than well gee guys this stuff is hard. its 2020, there is no excuse for this garbage.
  13. Thrawnseg Augur

Volcen, Wildstar, Warhammer Online, even PoE has problems when seasons launch.
  14. trashmemes Lorekeeper

What a ridiculous argument.
  15. trashmemes Lorekeeper

Not because of 5000 players worth of volume.
  16. Jontrann Augur

22 days of problems? get real.
  17. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

*shrug* Transparency can suck. It's still extremely unlikely.
    bloodbeard and MaestroM like this.
  18. PresidentBenFranklin New Member

Translation: We at darkpaw, underestimate what consumers actually want even when it present and readily apparent. We're going to wait another month of 6 hours queues, so we don't look foolish for opening another server 'before it was deemed necessary. We nerfed the thing you complained 2nd most about so we can claim we are responsive to your needs.

Another month will be needed to stabilize retention and find out if anyone actually REALLY wanted to play on Aradune or if they were just "FAKING IT". Should your response not fit our self-fullfilling prophecy, we continue to hold out another move, just to prove we we're right. *cross-fingers* We hope you'll consider Rizlona as an alternative, because we don't know how to listen, are inflexible, and incompetent in all aspects of PR. We will however wait to see the effects on retention as we only care about income.
    Mepps likes this.
  19. Sikkun Augur

Sure it is.

Go to those AAA companies, you won’t be missed.
  20. Darchon_Xegony Augur