Premium Server

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by TheClericWhoWaits, Jun 17, 2020.

1. TheClericWhoWaits New Member

For me a lot of my complaints come back to Aradune. I was eager to start back on here as I'm sure a lot of you were. A chance to visit the nostalgia of old school EQ(With QOL changes), many even resubbed to get in on this chance. I for one completely understand the need for a queue time, however....the 4-6hours is absurd. You're essentially alienating 2/3 of the people trying to connect, and promoting the use of Autoclickers and other means to stay in the game.

Countless amounts of people sitting in same spot AFK for hours, swimming in circles, using programs to cast lvl 1 spells are what's keeping the queue times so horrendously long. We were sold on the idea of a "Premium Server" with a solid GM presence and all we get is 1 who is far too overwhelmed with "so and so is cheating" without actually looking into the masses who are clogging up the server.

Now to the "You can go to this server or that server" comments. If I wanted to play on those servers I would. If I wanted to compete with people running raid forces on 1 comp I would. These people are absolutely right....Nobody is forcing me to play on Aradune....there are plenty of other servers for me to play on. However, I (and I assume plenty of others) were sold on the true box rule set, and there isn't another server in classic with this rule set....Kinda feels like getting a kick in the balls by DPG
    Wesleypipes77 likes this.
  2. trashmemes Lorekeeper

The "just play on another server" argument is hilarious. It's as though people actually think DBG gained subs last month for any reason other than Aradune.
    Wesleypipes77 likes this.
  3. Hythos Augur

Sometime around 2003? a 'premium' server subscription was explored(?) that was to cost more than double that of a standard subscription... $30/mo per account?
    That's what I can recall, though I never heard what the end result was.
  4. Tweakfour17 Augur

The end result was DBG didn't like it because its a customer service nightmare from all the people playing feeling extra entitled (probably semi justified due to "premium" and paying extra)