Enchanter pet nerf

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kryshael, Jun 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pircilis New Member

You're not even kidding. This is best at low levels because if a mob as much as runs from you, your songs do no damage. You're stuck trying to hit it until it dies. Super fun.
  2. Fizzbizz New Member

With this nurf can we get it to where charm doesn't break every 10 seconds? Seriously - I spend half my time recharming a pet even with it debuffed.
  3. Healiez Augur

drop in the bucket.

Charm was AT MOST moderate risk extremely high reward play. If you thought charm was high risk in classic then you were just a trash enchanter. While I wish they would just stop touching the game and let us do our thing, 20% will hardly make a difference, Groups with a hasted charm pet will still be clearing at an insane rate.

Also doesnt change the fact that a puller can just pull whatever they want and with even an "ok" enchanter have almost zero risk of dieing. Think my puller brought in 9 mobs at one point last night, ranging from blue to yellow, completely trivial. Chanter ended with 70% mana, cleric was still full.
  4. Dragonsyph Journeyman

Because you say so? Yet there design proves they are.
  5. Dragonsyph Journeyman

How long have you played? I’ve seen this a lot in here, they will say they been playing for ever and go on how the game is so easy. Let me tell for all these new players it’s not.
  6. Ishbu Augur

Are you seriously arguing that the original intention for enchanters was to out CC, out DPS, and have unique/necessary buffs relegating all other dps classes moot?

Get a clue
    Fenixe17 and Alekyne like this.
  7. Dragonsyph Journeyman

No they are because they designed them. Don’t like it don’t play.
  8. BulletCatcher Journeyman

So now the high risk I take from charming a mob will have the dmg reduced by 20% while charmed, but when it breaks, its still gonna be at 100% shredding my face off.

Thanks. Now after the 7 hour queue I can look forward to being a mediocre DPS. dont even buff cuz clarity pots.

what the hell.
    Creedmonk likes this.
  9. Ishbu Augur

The people that designed them designed them to make charm an extremely risky toy. Go back to it never lasting more than 2 minutes and then we can start the discussion of what was intended.

By the way, if you dont like it, dont play. Pot meet kettle. This nerf simply doesnt affect a good enchanter, they will still be heads above other classes. Anyone upset is insecure in their own abilities
    Fenixe17 likes this.
  10. Healiez Augur

Since December of 1999

Doesnt change the fact that it still isnt that difficult to play an enchanter decently. Chanters like to run around acting like charm is some insanely risky play, and lucky for their group they are god tier and if they werent it is just a wipe waiting to happen. 42 levels, zero wipes because of a charm break. Chanter is on zero deaths. Not hard
  11. Tanthalamon New Member

Just because they can now doesn't mean that's what they were designed for originally, which is my point. Charm is so reliable now that the whole mechanic is a joke, they should change it back to how it was originally tbh
  12. Arugan Lorekeeper

Disclaimer: I haven't read the last 10 pages of posts. Just piling my 2cents on top.

I was one of the ones calling for nerfs. I also mained an Enchanter on Aradune and just got to level 50 last week.

I am thrilled about this nerf. I have no doubt I will still get invited to groups. But I look forward to more class diversity in groups and raids (a lot of groups Ive been in have been running 2x chanters), as well as the ability to roll alts and not feel quite as useless in comparison to my chanter.

I only wish they did this before Aradune launch--announcing it after many people have spent tons of hours leveling an enchanter while dealing with terrible server issues is a big kick in the cajones.
  13. squidgod Augur

From insanely OP to wildly OP.
  14. Geshp New Member

Wow a pet that quads 200s and stuns with 70% haste? That should be nerfed sounds op.
  15. Trizek Augur

Holy hell, the amount of whining you're putting off is unreal.
    1. There is no 7 hour que, it has been hover in the 5 hour range. Stop exaggerating.
    2. I am an Enchanter. Idk what groups you're in but I only run into a handful of users who use Clarity pots. So if you're not buffing you're doing things wrong.
    3. Charm DPS is not what we're known for. Our main purpose is Crowd Control. Charming is just icing on top of the cake.
    4. You do realize a 20% damage nerf to an already incredibly over-powered ability is not going to make a dent? Idk why you're thinking you're now going to be mediocre DPS? Also pro tip, sit down because this may hit you hard.. as an Enchanter, you're *gasp* not a DPS.

If you're for some reason still under the impression a 20% nerf is the end of your class, you can alleviate this nerf by decking out your Charm pet. Buy 2 YAK's and give it to him. Go the extra mile and give him a + STR Ear, Neck, and Ring. But judging how you are here you probably won't want to risk this even tho it'd take you an hour or less of farming the plat even with the nerfs. You'll get your items back by uncharming and killing him. But considering your comment here I'm going to assume you're a mediocre enchanter and will likely wipe your group before you can kill him and get your deposit back.

What I'm saying is, a 20% nerf to an already overpowered ability is going to do jack s*1t.
  16. Healiez Augur

How it was originally?

Sure, get 200 charisma (not hard) and it last full duration every time almost every time.

Charm was reliable back in 1999-2000, there was just less information floating around about charisma softcaps and charismas HUGE effect on charm breaks.
  17. Uumdano Augur

I am interested to see how this works with motm. I do not have a prime agro set up for my war just yet so when doing motm mobs on Riz, agro management of the pet is crucial. If the pet develops less agro from the less dmg output, perhaps there will be less 'stop' time and more 'attack' time resulting in a boost to dps. I suppose time will tell, as to me this is the only aspect that matters.

The group content is so trivial that a 20% reduction means very little. I am unsure if nerfing it anymore however is the right thing as the mob would be going back to 'normal' dps as soon as it breaks charm, there has to be a point that the dps loss vs no reduction in risk is met or exceeded. I mean if you think there is no risk in charming, work fear or hate and see what those dots do to your recharm efforts. You know, right when you or your tank pull multiple mobs that also hapoen to resist mezz. Next thing you know you have a resistant mob plus your dotted charmed pet (does not always get cleansed even by dedicated players) banging on your chanter while the healer has to decide, heal the chanter or the tank...

Still, looking forward to testing this out on motm mobs when servers come up because we all know, unintended results happen.
  18. Ruiner Lorekeeper

^ Pissed off enchanter
  19. Arugan Lorekeeper

Dude, based on this comment alone you DEFINITELY do not play an enchanter. You might not even play on TLP.
    Creedmonk likes this.
  20. Healiez Augur

This is the first thing I thought of when I heard of the nerf.

It might end up being a buff to the raiding enchanter, due to the way MotM works with pets, which would be a hilarious consequence of the charm nerf.
    Uumdano likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.