Aradune -- nothing in patch notes

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Stune, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Imukai Augur

If the armchair devops and other unreasonable people here would quit -- that would relieve some stress on the queue AND make the community less toxic. Win/win.

Let them do their job. Go play on something else your sub gives you access to until they work out the root causes. This isn't a food or medical service that your life relies on.
  2. Sakuraba Augur

Turn Rizlona into a truebox server. Problem solved.

Oh wait, no it's not, it just solves everything for those of us on Aradune who are there specifically to avoid multi-box armies.
  3. Acidjunkie New Member

no disrespect, my friend. But most of us are interested in competing or dealing with those 3 to 24+ box army accounts people are running.
    Raisehell likes this.
  4. trashmemes Lorekeeper

We can reasonably assume malice or incompetence. They've released about 15 TLPs before this one and none of them sucked this bad, so take your pick.
  5. Atern New Member

I was responding to what the dev said. He said nothing about working to fix the queue time. Only that they are monitoring it and that resolving it was a "top priority". That could mean they are working around the clock to fix the server issues, or they are waiting for the 1 month mark in hopes enough people bail to lessen the queues. He didn't give any indication that they are doing the former.
  6. Galaras Lorekeeper

Come on now, you know Rizlona is a very different server than Aradune. Just reference the dozen or so threads on this forum from people thinking they'd be getting the same Aradune experience but with the ability to box on 1 pc.
  7. Tewts New Member

What an absolute joke, you should be ashamed and embarrassed with how your garbage company is handling this. Ive canceled my subs. I will never support BROKEN PAW GAMES again. This is the last straw, Ive been using EQ for over 20 years with multiple accounts. I cannot access aradune with even one of my accounts. So to heck with you guys and your shady under handed tactics.

We dont wanna split the player base, so we'll just sit on our hands until half the people quit. that way we dont have to do work! Oh but hey heres some pride bunnies that you cant access, because you cant log into our game. Heeeehurrrr your company is an utter joke.

Ragefire had a 50 minute queue, on day 9. you opened a new server..... Here we are day 22 with 4-6 hour queues, but...we don't wanna do anything that will affect the player base. Yeah well your player base is walking. If your not Disabled or Unemployed, Aradune is 100% unplayable.
  8. Trox2010 Augur

Because the idea would be for them to merge the 3rd server back into Aradune when population levels die off, so they can play on the ruleset they actually signed up to play; unless of course Rizlona doesn't mind being turned into a truebox, 2 accounts only server around Luclin (maybe sooner).
  9. Acidjunkie New Member

Well said man. I sadly subbed for 3 months, otherwise I'd cancelled by now.

As much as we all love Everquest, this company does not earn our patronage. Piss poor customer service.
    Tewts likes this.
  10. Retsak New Member

Soooo you're saying we're still SOL? How about you put in a grace period for those getting randomly kicked WHILE PLAYING (not like we're afk kicked) to join back immediately rather than wait in 3 hour queue, play 20 min, get kicked, then jump back to a 3-4 hour queue and saying "Whelp there goes my evening of playtime"
    Zrender likes this.
  11. Tanthalamon New Member

When $ start getting refunded out of DPG bank accounts to people who are contacting their banks and cancelling the charges for subs and or packs that they have paid for maybe then, maybe they will realize that they have made a mistake...
  12. Moforyguy Elder

It is pretty damn clear now that they are waiting til around the 27th to see how many subs don't come back. I am done till kunark and then hopefully queue's wont be as bad, but I won't be spending any actual real money on DBG again.
  13. Domniatric Augur

Well, the reason the que has been getting steadily worse is because people are increasingly staying logged in such as yourself. Not saying I blame you for that but it's the truth. It's clearly their fault and extremely disappointing that this pathetic "we will continue monitoring" response is what we get. Nobody gives a crap that you are monitoring ludicrous que times. Do something about it!
    Galaras likes this.
  14. Galaras Lorekeeper

Oh, I totally agree that staying logged in is part of the problem which is why I was transparent about it. But it's also a byproduct about the situation we've been put in and directly responsible for the queue progressively getting worse over time instead of better like you'd normally expect. At this point I feel the options are you either join the people never logging off or you don't play.
  15. theRTG New Member

LOL how predictable.
  16. Smallhands Elder

Pretty sure the players trying to get onto Aradune can "continue to monitor the queue times" better than this company can.
  17. Hafrgrim New Member

The only good thing about the Dev comment in this thread is the thread now gets labeled with a DEV tag so more people will read it - and discover that absolutely nothing meaningful was said by the DEV and there are ZERO fixes for the problem. Hard to fathom that in 2020 Everquest has this level of difficulty with technology.

Not sure why I am a "new member" - ive had this same account since March of 1999.
  18. C3lowz Augur

I completely agree with them that releasing a new server is not the way to go.

This will only divide the player base, granted by only a small fraction. But will deliver a Dead on Arrival server which those unlucky enough to roll on, dedicate themselves on will see and regret. Ultimately coming to the conclusion to either, quit, or re-roll on Aradune. Most will quit. As was already done with Ragefire and Lockjaw.

Ragefire wen't through a similar issue as Aradune. There result was to create a clone. The clone helped alleviate a portion of the problems, however as mentioned, divided a thriving playerbase.

Fact is, they know this problem on Aradune will eventually fix itself. If it takes the frustration of players quitting, so be it. Eventually the popularity will die down.
  19. Jontrann Augur

Iv already quit, left 2 weeks ago but if they opened a new aradune server id come back in heart beat, even if it has lower pop.
    Seraphis likes this.
  20. Darafel Journeyman

This is kind of a gut punch, because it makes it clear you are waiting until the second month and the second round of money to see how the land lies. A few ctd fixes here and there, a producers letter to make it seem like you're doing , some free xp just to shut people up.

But really, you're just trying to buy some time.
  21. Trizek Augur

Sure you quit. "2 weeks ago" The fact you're still here, especially during a maintenance shows otherwise.