Patch notes 6/17 enchanter charm pet nerf.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by vslap, Jun 17, 2020.

1. vslap New Member

What everyone asked for: please fix server stability, logging in, and crashes
    What no one asked for: nerf classic to luclin charm
    What we got: nerf classic to luclin charm

Why are we changing something that has been in the game since day one of EQ. Charm pet's are great dps, you're telling me i can no longer solo like i used too because a charmed mob vs the same charm mob will get his handed to him because he does 20% less dps. Wow.... DBG WOW -
    RPoo likes this.
  2. Whulfgar Augur

Hi vslap welcome to the internet .. and Everquest.
  3. Ninelder Augur

Only 20pct less? In real EQ a charmed pet does 10pct of its normal DPS, until the charm breaks in which case it does about 1000pct of its normal DPS.
  4. Mazame Augur

This was a TLP topic and many people felt that charm pets in TLP were OP and because they QQ enough pet got nerfed. You said it was not ask for but there was a post of a small group that was asking for it.

I love my chanter. Many people don't know how to play a chanter but the few that due can do a lot with the chanter. When some one is able to play a chanter well to the out side person it looks Very OP. What many people don't understand is to be able to play a chanter that well takes a skill and MANY MANY death to learn.

Then people that are not ask skilled come to the forms and QQ because they think Chanter are OP and want them nerfed..

TLP is slowly hurting every class. They are calling for a nerf to monks now. People need to understand that EQ was NEVER about class balancing. it was about making a group of class working together. People need to stop QQ about different classes and just learn to play them or invite other that know how to play said class into their group.

It sad how many Nerfs the chanter has had to go threw. It is one of the least played classes ( using a chanter as a mez box / buff box is not playing it)

Rather then making content challenging they are just nerfing the CC classes so no one will play them.
    RPoo and cadres like this.
  5. Robnie Augur

Can we unnerf live chanter pets?

I think it's about time.

#Makecharmingsomewhatokagainatleast?
    Nordgaren, RPoo and cadres like this.
  6. Tucoh Augur

I rolled cle/enc on Aradune.

This nerf is a good change as long as they didn't botch the implementation.
  7. Tutankamen Augur

In 2020 nothing should be getting nerfed anymore. Nothing. Think something is a little OP? Good, more incentive to play it, to play EQ.
    Tatanka likes this.
  8. haaaalp Augur

It's a good change. Stop whining.
  9. Baldur Augur

I love how this note wasn't in the test patch notes but was in the live.

It's not like test can test the change anyways, so we'll do it live!
  10. Koryu Professional Roadkill

TLP thread, who cares.
    Xyphen, Conq, Coagagin and 2 others like this.
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

TLPs whined, they get there wish once again. :rolleyes:

They need to fix these changes effecting live.
    Andarriel likes this.
  12. kizant Augur

20% is fair and they'll still be doing a lot of DPS.
    Astral64 likes this.
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

At least it isn't as egregious a change as some of the Enchanter-hating zealots were asking for.

They won;t feel it is enough but they should be grateful it was changed at all, I still think it wasn't necessary.

I would definitely like to see Enchanters get some love in the 70 era though, they are awful to play then.
  14. Caldaren_EMarr New Member

So wait - was this nerf patched into Live yesterday, or is it just on TLPs? Sorry, I am kinda confused. Have a lvl 20 Enchy I just started on EMarr and was loving solo.... wondering if it is gonna way different/harder now :(
  15. Bobokin Augur

DBG nerfed all melee classes, and people here just let it go, so DBG will keep doing it.

When I read this nerf, I couldn't believe the devs could be so bold, but they obviously are.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Yes it effected live as well.
  17. Nolrog Augur

LOL. Yeah, no one ever complained that charm pets were extremely OP.
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

On live they didn't.

For some reason they decided to move the thread from Vet forum here to here. :rolleyes: So these posts here relate to live not TLP.
  19. Accipiter Old Timer

Can we get this thread closed? We don't need another one.
  20. Alekyne Journeyman

Angered needs to post about a CH nerf in bold magenta text first.
    Accipiter likes this.