Enchanter pet nerf

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kryshael, Jun 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. topple good idea generator

If they got someone reviewing TLP data they should instead have him/her kick afk players/mass boxers or help duct-tape the servers together.
  2. Creedmonk Augur

What class do you play on Aradune?
  3. Gnothappening Augur

I think 50% would be too much. I charm and don't think 20% is enough, but I think 50% is too much. Honestly, 35% would have been about right to me if you were going to bring a charm pet down. That should put a good charm pet right at monk damage.
    Thalliius and Cantari like this.
  4. Gnothappening Augur

My main is an enchanter and I thought we were OP. After this 20% dps reduction, which will probably start out as a 20% increase and have to be hotfixed to be a decrease, I still don't see me slowing down or changing class.
    Fenixe17, Cantari and Thalliius like this.
  5. Blankman New Member

If they have this data, they should bump rogue backstab chance to hit 20%, wizard innate mana regan 20%, and ranger +15 ac bonus.
  6. Gnothappening Augur

I think we are thinking of different data. I was thinking data along the lines of number of Class_XYZ levels 40-50. If 20% or more of your playerbase is playing one class in a game with 14 classes, something seems off.
  7. Daemon Sicarius New Member

Good change, it should be 50% but it's a great start.

Next up AE groups, zone disrupters.
    Thalliius likes this.
  8. Dragonsyph Journeyman

This is sapose to be like classic server, nerfing stuff how it wasn’t back then is not a TLP. With out focus effects like spell haste it’s already a pain to charm. Time to go to p99.
  9. Tucoh Augur

When I first saw this I thought it said NPCs would inflict 20% damage and was about to ragequit.

20% less isn't a big deal, well deserved nerf and I rolled cle/enc on Aradune. As long as they implemented it properly. After giving out 2500% XP for a brief time I'm wary of any changes.

Was wondering the same thing. When I heard about the charm nerf I was worried about seeing something about "correcting" the bounds on charm/snare/blind/root spells.
  10. Thalliius Augur

Shaman and mage.. Mage pets already got nerfed into the ground on TLPs, but you don't see mages spamming the forums whining about it

Enchanters got a 20% dmg reduction on a super OP mechanic. Its STILL OP even with this nerf, you will STILL be top DPS in every group and still be highly desired over every other class in the game

but keep acting like enchanters are garbage now, its hilarious to watch
    Fenixe17 and Alekyne like this.
  11. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

You did when the nerf happened
    Bosshog and Creedmonk like this.
  12. Thalliius Augur

Have fun!

If all it takes is a 20% dmg reduction to an OP charm mechanic to get you to cancel your sub and leave, then good riddance
  13. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

Modern problems require modern solutions
  14. Vindar Augur

This is a good start but I think somewhere around 30% is the sweet spot.
  15. Kahna Augur

I think it is adorable that you are complaining about them making the game more like classic (removing focus effects) and complaining that they are making it less like classic (reducing charm damage) in the same post.
    Alekyne and Thalliius like this.
  16. Vindar Augur

LOL...charm is even worse on P99, good luck!
    Fenixe17 and Thalliius like this.
  17. Thalliius Augur

No because i wasnt playing a Mage at the time, so i didnt really care about the nerf to be honest... but I still made a Mage anyways, imagine that!

They also nerfed Shaman epic, another nerf to my toon! How dare they! I DEMAND TO SPEAK TO A MANAGER!
    Fenixe17 likes this.
  18. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

I too like to throw around arbitrary numbers. I see you’re a man of culture as well.
  19. topple good idea generator

20. Geshp New Member

This is not a classic server, it is a TLP. There are more things than I could possibly list that are not truly classic. Some major examples include AOCs/instancing, monk h2h buffs, revamped druid/shaman DoTs, LFG tool, soulbinders, translocators, even the game client itself.

If you want a true classic experience go play P99 and trade all of those QOL improvements for 20% more charm pet damage.
    Fenixe17 and Thalliius like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.