Enchanter pet nerf

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kryshael, Jun 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DyllEQ New Member

You also have arcane rune up 100% with eldtrich to back it up so personally I find it even easier in PoP. Even with average gear nothing is one rounding anyone. Also once ldon comes you get color cloud asap so you are back to using a pbae stun to re-charm.
  2. Stune Augur

I think you only played TLP's or something and your completely confused at what i am saying. This is a classic relaunch and they are changing it 21 years later to cater to the minority. Brad himself i remember stating many years ago, nerfs aren't a good thing and we have no choice. This was back when they nerfed monk dmg in Velious.
  3. Gio1999 Augur

There seems to be a solid disconnect between "high risk & high reward" vs what enchanters ACTUALLY think/say in game.

There's very little risk if you ask any enchanter and they are being even remotely honest. So you bumped up the reward to insane levels to the point that enchanters are like 30% of the game's population and groups try to run 2-3 enchanters for max XP.
    Thalliius likes this.
  4. Creedmonk Augur

It's just a shame they would choose to do this less than a month into a new TLP still in classic when people already chose their class and have leveled it up. If anything this should have been done prior to Aradune and Rizlona, or after Luclin launched. It would have absolutely changed my decision to main an Enchanter again for Aradune.
    wade_watts, topple and Stune like this.
  5. Thalliius Augur

hahahah, again with this nonsense high risk, high reward.. I think ive only had 1 enchanter death from level 1 to 50 from a charmed pet and that was because our cleric was afk

Stop patting yourselves on the back thinking you're so skilled at this game because you know how to charm crap.. I played an enchanter a long time ago, its not hard to have a charm pet, it makes the game EZ mode basically

Difficult class to master lol, i love this delusion that chanters have that they are so skilled at this game.. up on a pedestal looking down at the rest of us. Its often why so many chanters have such diva attitudes in groups as well.

20% is a good start, but they need to do more. This is just the beginning my friends hahaha :)

At least that pedestal is a little shorter now :)
  6. Stune Augur

Exactly couldn't have said it any better.
    wade_watts likes this.
  7. Moranis Augur

As someone who fully agrees nerfing charm, this is important. Putting this in the game 1-month in seems like a bit of a d-hole move. On the other hand, a 20% dps reduction isn't really enough to make a ton of difference.
  8. Gnothappening Augur

Don't even have to aoe sebilis. A decent enchanter can charm an illis wizard and clear all of Disco up to the exit before repops. Now they might have to leave the tunnel alone and just do disco. That isn't bad for a single toon.
    Fenixe17, Thalliius and Xenorius9 like this.
  9. Thalliius Augur

I hear rogues are good this time of year hahahah

I'd still take an enchanter who doesnt charm in my group, even without charm they are still one of the best classes in the entire game.

Love the tears tho, so delicious.. they provide me sustenance
    Fenixe17 likes this.
  10. Bosshog New Member

Somehow the game survived 20 years without this nerf.
  11. Rizlowned Lorekeeper

The only players this nerfs are the people that were looking to make bank with clr/ench duo on Aradune. The change only reduces the kills per hour. Perfectly reasonable nerf. Necessary? No. Meta-changing? No... Just a reasonable balancing adjustment. Enchanters are still God tier in groups... This is a balancing issue for 2 boxing. I'm glad I got to max level ench on both servers before the nerf. Its like I just lost a permanent 20% xp boost
    Thalliius likes this.
  12. HoodenShuklak Augur

Yeah the gravy train is officially over for rogues and wizards! They might have a hard time getting groups in classic now!
  13. Creedmonk Augur

Then you play the Enchanter now, and I'll play the AFK Wizard or Mage. Thank you for your sacrifice.
  14. Gnothappening Augur

It survived without the mage pet nerf too, but that was still put in.
    Thalliius likes this.
  15. Imdead Augur

Torklar and Barkeep in Unrest. Golems, in the hole. Those spiders down the well in Velks.
  16. Gio1999 Augur

How is it fun if you're not an enchanter? LOL. We already had WAY more enchanters than anything else.
    Fenixe17 and Thalliius like this.
  17. Gnothappening Augur

I wonder if they used the data from the new servers to see it if was actually an issue. Maybe that is why they changed it?
    Thalliius likes this.
  18. Gio1999 Augur

Are you putting 2 weapons on things that you're not supposed to be putting 2 weapons on? Big chanter discussion I was apart of recently where they were explaining that putting 2 weapons on a Golem doesn't increase its damage while charmed, but it will when it broke.
  19. Thalliius Augur

Just entitled chanters who enjoyed being Gods for so long whining and exaggerating the impact. Now enchanters might only be Demi-Gods instead of full blown Gods... will still be the best class in game by a long stretch, will still do more DPS than any other class in the game, will still be able to tank with a charmed pet, will still be able to pull with lull, CC with mez, aoe stun for AE leveling, etc.

The whining from the enchanters is hilarious to watch. 20% is nothing, they should have cut the DPS by 50% at least, and enchanters would still be top DPS
  20. Gnothappening Augur

Sounds like it. Either that or they are at the bare minimum level to charm the mob and the mob is red to them or something.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.