Enchanter pet nerf

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kryshael, Jun 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kryshael Journeyman

2. Cheet Elder

it's about time
  3. Stune Augur

The whiners got their own way, again... let me guess the tanks. This is nothing new though its nerf 100001
    Bosshog likes this.
  4. Kryshael Journeyman

Well...it's gonna suck for them. Cause they won't be getting that sweet sweet xp now.
  5. Creedmonk Augur

Where are you seeing this?
  6. Duality Augur

Not sure where that came from as patch notes haven't popped out and it wasn't in test.. But if that's true, another hit to bards.

Bah... I see it now. Grats nerf callers. Whats next?
    Bosshog likes this.
  7. Kryshael Journeyman

Patch notes. Load launcher, press PLAY.
  8. Bosshog New Member

This was such a knee jerk reaction to the loud minority. It's a compromise since only the folks that play those eras actually care, so thankfully didn't do it to later expacs, but still an entirely not needed change. Tell the whiners to figure out how to charm and use the mechanic to their advantage. You know, like everything in life is about.
    Stune likes this.
  9. Creedmonk Augur

They didn't do it to later xpacs because they are already nerfed in later xpacs. There's really no reason to main an enchanter anymore - hope you all are happy and enjoy your longer grinds now.
    Bosshog likes this.
  10. Kryshael Journeyman

High reward, high risk. That has ALWAYS been an enchanter's motto to live by. It is a difficult class to master; but those who do were always welcome in a group. Pretty soon we will only be crack buff bots.
    Bosshog likes this.
  11. Stune Augur

So true, i got away from calling it Everquest but have been using the term EverNerf for years now. They just cant do anything new in the game but nerf everything.
    Bosshog likes this.
  12. brickz Augur

lol at the incoming tears. Even at 80% efficiency charm is strong
  13. Kahna Augur

Really guys... 20% damage nerf and they are still worth charming. They just aren't as good as they were before. The sky is hardly falling.
    Delphwind, Mithra, Vinlail and 5 others like this.
  14. ChaozRulezDK New Member

Charm pets will still out dps everybody.. stop whining.. they should nerf it even more imo...
  15. Creedmonk Augur

I guess you don't play an enchanter who charms a mob and risks getting 1 rounded on every charm break. I won't be charming in groups anymore they can enjoy my CC, haste and mana regen instead if they want an enchanter and if not, oh well I'll main change
  16. Gnothappening Augur

Not going to pretend I'm upset by this. Even though my main is an enchanter. TBH, I'm surprised it is only 20%. We will still be able to do at least monk damage, while also bringing other things to the table. The 20% might be enough to stop an enchanter from clearing all of disco and the hallway before repops... maybe not. I'm pretty sure kennel groups will still be amazing as well, just 20% slower.

Overall I think 20% is a fair number that nobody can really complain about, but everyone will. The people wanting a power reduction won't be happy because charmed mobs will still out dps classes whose sole thing they bring to a group is DPS. People who charm won't be happy because anything that brings them even close to the power level of other players is seen as bad. However, that is what I expect to see from a compromise, nobody gets exactly what they wanted.
    Critt, Protocol, Vinlail and 4 others like this.
  17. Kahna Augur

I play a necro who charms pets and doesn't have half the charm management tools a chanter does. I'll still be charming.

I don't get 1 rounded though. I also don't give my pet two weapons so it doesn't quad me.
  18. Geshp New Member

You mean a support class with the most incredible CC in any MMO ever created (especially in this era) shouldn't automatically be the highest DPS class as well? The horror.
    Critt, Protocol, Vinlail and 3 others like this.
  19. Gnothappening Augur

Do bards no longer do the thing where they charm a pet and have like five other mobs beat it down, then when charm breaks they dot it to death?
  20. topple good idea generator

Pour one out for all those rogues and other non-optimal classes that were invited to fill a spot in a OP chanter group. Now groups will have to add a 2nd chanter to match the efficiency they lost.

Now TLPs will be full of roving bands of rangers, rogues, paladins, and wizards not allowed in the better dungeons. Hide yo gnolls, hide yo goblins... :(
    code-zero and Loze like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.