TOV Loot - Just hit 6 month mark!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yinla, Jun 15, 2020.

1. Funky Augur

with the lack of real difficulty with this expansion, im sure there are a few casual guilds or open raids clearing the expansion... not saying in 1 night, but definitely feasible.
  2. Symbius Augur

^ This.

They make the chests a loot filled paradise, but the 1 item that most people have to pay extra $$ to their cash shop to make use of, they restrict to barely dropping.

Doesn't make a whole lot of sense if Darkpaw wants to stay in business.
    Xyphen likes this.
  3. Ngreth Thergn Developer

The doubling of all loot in raids, and the small amount of doubling of specific items in missions is intended and permanent. It also will not increase further like the currency and keys will.
    Gosan Kai, DillyBar, Funky and 8 others like this.
  4. Ngreth Thergn Developer

it did double, (it actually makes two rolls so with supreme luck you can get 2 from one NPC, though that is unlikely)
    It will not increase more.
    Gosan Kai, DillyBar, Funky and 3 others like this.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Interesting change.

Can you elaborate on how this will affect TLP as they move into this expansion?

Presumably this 6 month & double loot schedule on live servers will be the model going forwards & that only applies from ToV onwards expansions?

Would TLP during a 12 week (level-raise) unlock expansion see doubled loot after 6 weeks from ToV onwards while their server was still on an accelerated unlock schedule?
  6. Fredescu Augur

Would this apply to TBL and prior raids too?
  7. Powerful Elder

Such a bad idea. First you give us the currency pinata which renders chest loot obsolete. Other than spells and nuggets, everything else goes to alts. Now I have twice as much alt loot to deal with. No thanks. I give it another month before nuggets start going to alts as well.
  8. Proximoe Elder

Can always use this time/gear to figure out how to correctly do velks with mechanics and all.
  9. Celephane Augur

You are more than welcome to not attend casual raids and just raid with your own guild there buddy...Oh wait, never mind, how about you just don't attend.
  10. Moege Augur

TBL still have normal chests.
  11. Zurril Elder

mmmm. you don't get a lot of 'craptastic' these days.
    Funky and Celephane like this.
  12. Jadenpain Scholar

So I'm totally open w/ how we do any event I don't really believe strats should be secret in "the race" we finish about the same spot every year.We only hit beta like 8 time shoot I didn't even know there was a velks raid till t2 came out. Some times we raid harder than other times. Sometimes we raid like crap. But its hardly an exploit to move a mob with in the confines of an area where another raid mob spawns. People out dps mechanics all the time, I find it hard to believe you think that is an exploit. We did it w/ tanks at all 6 spots for a month we ran the mob around to different areas then. But i guess we all exploit Kael and sleepers because we don't kill the adds we exploit dps to bypass the mechanic of the raid spitting out adds. Glass house much?
    Jennre, Funky and Celephane like this.
  13. Celephane Augur

Let me get this straight. You raid on another server, so have no first hand knowledge of these other 2 guilds and yet you choose to disparage them based on second hand conversations. You pick RoV and FWO out of all the guilds on all the servers because I guess your spy network also focuses on them? I totally believe you "New Member", you got this.
    Funky likes this.
  14. Whulfgar Augur

Guys.. guya.. guys..

Easy solution to all this..

Dont raid gear yalls alts.. from main guild raids..

Boom no issue now problem gone..

(In the rocks voice) You're welcome!
    Gosan Kai likes this.
  15. Proximoe Elder

You still have to deal with adds in both events.. kiting or killing, wether you believe it or not is dealing with em. Do you have to deal with the tentacles if you are underneath exploiting a raid mechanic? I think we both know that answer.

And Celephane/Krelix/Cymorril, are you saying that Battle is incorrect in his conversations and you don't do it that way in RoV? For clarification. Don't worry about open raids because i don't think anyone was talking about those except you.

Do it whatever way you think you have to do it, was simply stating you can use all this new gear and time to practice doing them without avoiding the entire mechanic.
  16. Bigstomp Augur

Wow, the troll is hard in this thread.

Anyway, on BB, the casual raids strat usually starts with whatever strat I am familiar with (RoV) and then based on input from other people we tweak it to make it work for casuals (gears a little weaker, raid mains are on alts, lots of people who only casual raid).
    That includes input from many different guilds who all play nicely together.

And we all learn from each other and incorporate good ideas to make the events less painful for everyone.

Via that collaboration we incorporate things we learn from other guilds into our main raids if it makes sense for us, and I assume they do the same.
  17. Jadenpain Scholar

So I have kitted all 14 adds and not taken damage that as easy as tanking one terror. Actually you can take less damage. Do you guys out dps the different spawns of the TT so you only deal w/ one set? is that avoiding the mechanic 4 of the 5 time? or do you just deal w/ one till you hit 30ish for the 1st month i didn't know you could skip those w/ extra dps. But sharing information I found out you can just deal w/ the last set. Because of extra dps. So why not refine the strat. It really no different than why kite vs kill it takes slightly longer to kill them. Figure out how to beat the event the 1st time then learn how to do it faster. I do watch the people who stream i have streamed the nights we do our raffles. mostly to see it from other points of view. Currently I raid on the open BB raids a few times a week as a shammy because it lets me see the event from another angle. or how they do it. we have 3 or more guilds and people form other servers that participate its great to learn/see how everyone does things. sometimes we do it the Rov way sometimes we do it the Fu way sometimes we do something mixed. I'm sorry you don't have that on Xegony.
    Bigstomp likes this.
  18. Bigstomp Augur

Will be challenging to get it all awarded during casual raids. But we'll figure it out.
    Love the extra loot. Not a huge fan of sorting out how to do it before a chest poofs.
    Coagagin and Cuuthbert like this.
  19. Jadenpain Scholar

one bid only! bid like you want it or else!(still hate dkp)
    Jennre likes this.
  20. Spankage Elder

Imagine popping in a thread about extra alt loot (it was all gonna be alt/rot loot anyway, double is nice) and attacking how any guild beats events in the easiest expansion since cotf.

As for the main topic, I am not able to raid as much as I like and this gives me a pretty sweet chance at actually fully gearing up before next expansion. I enjoy it
    Celephane and Skuz like this.