Hardcore Server

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Mercanyin, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Mercanyin Augur

I have a suggestion. How about they spin up a Hardcore Server.

Bring back original exp gain.
    Hell Levels
    Exp Penalty for Hybrids, Races etc...
    Corpse Runs

Start the server @ Gates of Discord so people can play Berserker/Beastlord, Iksar/Vah Shir from level 1 with everyone else. Also get all the use of the low level spells that were introduces in Kunark/Velious/Luclin and PoP.

What other rule sets would you guys think fit a hardcore server? Reduce the loot drop rate to make things more rare and valuable? Maybe people would need more from crafting such as fine plate or cultural armor?

/discuss
  2. Machen New Member

That's not a hardcore server. They have done much more hardcore.

You want hardcore, full pvp and permadeath ala discord. Launch this and the masses will play. (For about 10 minutes till they get their kicked in the first time.)
  3. Mercanyin Augur

Maybe there could be a PVP Hardcore and a PVE Hardcore. Permadeath would be nuts, maybe lose like 80% exp, makes a cleric's rez even more valuable.
  4. Machen New Member

Forget that. 5 minutes to get a cleric rez, or your character is deleted forever and you permanently lose all gear.

That will make a cleric's rez even more valuable.
  5. Neuro Elder

I remember the Discord server, it was a test for the Zek servers I believe.

I made it to 43 druid there before a gnome mage duo got me.
  6. Goburs The Filthy Casualz Leader

Sure would be nice if they could fix stability before adding more instability...
    HoodenShuklak likes this.
  7. Mercanyin Augur

Just brainstorming for next time.
  8. Thalliius Augur

I believe there is a server for this, its called P99 Green
  9. Zapford Elder

You already have your hardcore server. Getting onto Aradune is the hardest thing you'll ever do in EQ. The Zeks have nothing in the Queue.
  10. Mercanyin Augur

They don't have Luclin, PoP, or Gates of Discord on P99.