Rizlona is not a "boxing" server.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Xanadas, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Dyzalot Augur

One of my big pet peeves is being /lfg as a rogue and then seeing people in gen chat asking for a dps rep yet never sent me a tell. Always wonder if they just discriminate against rogues or just don't use the tool. Why wouldn't you use the tool?
  2. Basak Augur

I play on both Rizlona and Aradune, I see far more Krono sales on Aradune than on Rizlona, and on Aradune I get unsolicited tells asking if I want to buy Krono. I usually just report them as harassment and ignore them. Also, I still see 3+ boxers on Aradune more often than I should see on a 2 Trubox server, again I report and ignore them as I see them. I am not against boxing, I am against people violating the server rules. Which is why I play both servers, days I want to box more than two you can find me on Rizlona, on days I don't want to box more than two you can find me on Aradune. Granted most of my time is on Rizlona but only due to the queue system as it currently is.
  3. Dyzalot Augur

You get random tells trying to sell Krono? That's a new one to me. Never had that happen. Also it makes sense that more Krono are being sold on Aradune since there are probably 5 - 10 times as many people (not characters) playing on Aradune. I have no hate for Rizlona. I am glad they made a server for that ruleset since it seems to have a decent population of people that wanted it. But it isn't for me. I have never boxed and have no interest in boxing. On Aradune, most of the pugs I've been in have been six different people. Maybe 25% of those groups have someone boxing. I haven't even encountered a group yet with two people each boxing two toons. And when I have played with someone boxing, it hasn't been uncommon for the boxer to drop one char from group if someone is LFG that could help the group more.
    Tucoh likes this.
  4. Xanadas Augur

My motivation for the OP was not to poach players but to let players know they are needlessly frustrating themselves. They seem to be in genuine distress.
  5. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome

Why would someone "steal" your camp when they can just wait for you to leave then AFK camp it for the rest of the expansion. Botters don't need to "Steal" your camp when they already have all the camps worth stealing.
  6. Mithra Augur

I didn't have any issues leveling up without a box crew on Riz. However you do need to avoid certain areas like seafurys in OoT and both picks as there is always a full bot crew AFK clearing them.
  7. Rizlowned Lorekeeper

not true. there are only three picks, and yep prime hours the beach is camped. ive only seen one person legit afk farming, but something weird happened. he chased a seafury cyclops straight into the ocean and drowned himself. and noone in his group bothered to rez. they just stood there on the beach staring like idiots while respawns smashed their face in... imagine that!
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  8. Mercanyin Augur

Like getting home from a long business trip and sitting down on that porcelain.
    Pelrond and Malachi like this.
  9. Mercanyin Augur

That's how black holes get formed.
  10. Megazen Elder

Yes....yes it is a boxing server. I love boxing, I've been 3 boxing for years, but the problem with it on a TLP, is that every spawn that means anything at all will be camped 24/7 by RMT krono farmers. That's just reality, and it is what turns people off to boxing in general, it's the vehicle of greed and abuse.

There is a very specific reason that the Q times are so high for Aradune. If they were even marginally aware right now they would capitalize on that and open another server with the exact ruleset. They've been throwing darts at the board for years, they hit a bullseye, but somehow can't walk up to the board and just place another dart.

Their response to this will go down in history as textbook ineptness. I love EQ, and I don't say that flippantly.
  11. Machen New Member

Feel free to die all you want, I'll be here enjoying my mole hill two or three years later...
    Pelrond and KimchiGoddess like this.
  12. Machen New Member

Why would you? You can just post a message in general and then pick from the dozen replies you get.
  13. Machen New Member

Rizlona isn't just a server for people who personally want to box. It's a server also for people who want the options that come with other people who box. Such as a population that exists past PoP.
    Thalliius and Genoane like this.
  14. Protagonist Tank

"Rizlona is not a boxing server. It's just a server where people can box if they want to"

Reads as.

"It's not a murder chair. It's just a chair I strap people to who sometimes get murdered"
    Duder likes this.
  15. MileyVyrus Elder

The best thing i can say for Rizolna is : It doesnt have anyone in this thread whining about boxing, the lfg tool, automation, the current NASDAQ, women drivers, camp stealing, krono sales or whatever in gods name else the fun police in this thread are hemming and hawwing about.

Seriously.. Aradune is filled with the people in the threads on this message board. /shudder. Riz is filled with people playing EQ and not sad pandas. If you wanna stay on Aradune and keep posting while in a queue, please do, they don't even *want* you over there. If you want to, you know, play eq... in classic.. right now... feel free to. :)
    Thewiz, KimchiGoddess and Rizlowned like this.
  16. Dyzalot Augur

Seems easier to me. Don't have to watch gen chat. Just look in /lfg and send a tell. It is what it is there for. If you just put request in gen chat, you are only reaching a small percentage of the players online unless using all the gen chats. But that seems like a lot of work to me.
  17. Dyzalot Augur

How many servers have died right after PoP?
  18. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

For reference the GMs are actually active on Aradune and banning people for training. So nah bro this isn't happening sorry to burst your bubble.
  19. Sythrak20 Elder

This is where misinformation is being spread. I've literally been able to farm anything I've wanted on Rizlona. Gebs, yaks, fbss, whatever you name it. Yes I've had to deal with competition but the notion that there are 24/7 RMT china bots at every camp in every pick is absurd. I think one guy already mentioned it but the bots seem to be all concentrated at the same old spots on any server....giants and cyclops isle.
  20. Rizlowned Lorekeeper

i remember my first tlp