@Dreamweaver on Rizlona Rulesets

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Tullian, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Thewiz Augur

You could not be farther from the truth. Rizlona is the most non-toxic TLP server yet and I have played them all. I am not sure why all the hate posts exist about Rizlona because you are all dead wrong.
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  2. Kutsuu Augur

The devs have stated time and again in discord and other locations - their definition of automated play is your characters performing actions while you are not at the keyboard. Aside from Truebox servers, they are ok with the at-keyboard automation.

The real question is why does this bother you so much? If a player's cleric healing them without them pressing the key sends you into a rage, you could choose to play on a truebox server where it's not allowed. Rizlona is the second TLP (and the first with AOCs) that they've allowed us to actually use this stuff on and you choose to play here and whine about it.
    ForumBoss and KimchiGoddess like this.
  3. Cencamia Journeyman

I understand the reason for the post. But I do have a reason why people do use 3rd party programs. I for one do use one to help me play the game. I live with Parkinson's and to have a normal set up like I use to have and reach over to hit a key for a 'scripted' macro is something that has become more difficult as things progress. Yes, I can play one toon. However as the server progresses it becomes harder to tackle things solo that is needed. Yes, I can sit there after work in my limited play time and spaming lfg and trying to form a group. And by the time everyone is there and in camp and the pulls start, I need to start looking for a rep already. However if I can box a 2 or 3 man crew, I can stay active in game. But when the tremors are there and reaching to hit a heal key, I may not hit the right one. Being able to do everything on one screen makes things alot easier for me to control even on my worst days. Maybe since my health condition prevents me from meeting the OPs idea of boxing, I should stay with one toon and eventually just quit the game due to it not being fun anymore. The use of a 3rd party program has helped me to continue to play a game I have loved for all these years. I don't afk bot, I don't warp. I actually play the game. Not all botters are the same. I group with people, I go out with just my crew of 3 also. It's a game I love, and with the extra help am still able to enjoy to this day.
    Lionari, KimchiGoddess and Alakshak like this.
  4. Gio1999 Augur

OP is likely gone after being called out.
  5. KimchiGoddess Augur

I feel dumb for even asking this, but is calling it macaroni some sort of yankee doodle reference or did the program start being called that for some other reason?

I honestly never really used the forums until recently and previously the only time I've had "macaroni" with my EQ was a brief stint on PEQ, so I really don't know where the name came from ;p
  6. taliefer Augur

the forums censors the word , so it gets called quest of macros, or macaroni, or such

same with [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software], so it gets called i is boxing or boxer of is, or whatever

edit: it actually deleted the word macro(ni) quest out of my initial post all together~
  7. Machen New Member

They specifically clarified what they meant by automated. They meant afk play. If you are at the keyboard, anything goes except active hacks.

They specifically discussed m q in the meeting with guild leaders, and acknowledged it would be ok on a boxing server.

Dissalowing some software that is used on live and not others would create a truebox lite. That's not what was asked for.
    Thalliius and Skuz like this.
  8. Machen New Member

You can't type its actual name on the forums. Macaroni is a close enough substitute that everyone knows what you're talking about without having to have it explained.
    Skuz and KimchiGoddess like this.
  9. Laronk Augur

I like Magic Sauce. Generally though they get people for being AFK not using Magic Sauce
    Skuz likes this.
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Some people never allow facts to get in the way of a good whine.
    Alakshak, Thewiz and KimchiGoddess like this.
  11. Thalliius Augur

Why do you care so much? How does it negatively impact you?

Im on Aradune, but if I end up going to Rizlona it will be to 4 box. Thats the point of the server, and it equals a lot of extra subs for DPG
  12. Thalliius Augur

lol there is 100x more RMT going on in Aradune than Rizlona
    Rizlowned likes this.
  13. Rizlowned Lorekeeper

It was clear from the beginning the ideal server for RMTers would be Aradune.
    It confuses me that people thought a bunch of boxers sharing a server meant krono farming. I can imagine a few boxers have a surplus of krono they wouldn't mind exchanging for plat so they can purchase materials faster than they could farm (or expose themselves).
    However, Rizlona people are not making trouble or bothering you on Aradune. You are welcome to come check it out for yourself, and it is quite possible krono you trade to players will actually get used for a sub rather than end up on a 3rd party website.
  14. Machen New Member

They are (mostly) smart enough to know that their krono would give them twice the plat in another week or two than it will today, and that will mostly always be the case forever on any TLP.
  15. HappyHippo New Member

Why were all posts Dreamweaver made in this thread removed? and all answers Dreamweaver gave about Rizlona in this thread removed too? did daybreak suddenly change the rules about Rizlona? Isn´t using and IS Boxer not allowed any longer on Rizlona? I´m really confused.
  16. Machen New Member

What posts? I don't recall Dreamweaver ever responded here.
  17. HappyHippo New Member

He did. I had this thread bookmarked for ppl ranting about the ruleset of rizlona. when someone was saying: you are not allowed or is boxer on rizlona i just linked him this thread and he could read about it himself. some days ago i did that again. then that person came back to me and was like: dude, there is only some ppl raning in that thread. i looked it up myself and he was right, all the useful info was removed.
  18. Bullsnooze Augur

You know cheating is out of control when people cheat and the botters (who seem to now be vocally admitting to cheating) reply with a Trump-style response admitting to their guilt.

Lol, there is 100x the population on Aradune versus Rizlona.
  19. HappyHippo New Member

100x the population? and YOU talk about trump style response....quit self owning yourself
  20. jeskola pheerie

I don't think it is about efficiency. On a scale of "how cheaty is this?" I would agree that a program with scripts that turn your boxes into mercs is much more cheaty than a key broadcaster.