Ancient Gods Illusions

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cidran, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Cidran Augur

2. Zamiam Augur

I have that on my main account :p its cute but only lasts for short time and iirc 2 hour recast ? I rarely use it unless im just kicking it in pok or GL ..
    Aenvar likes this.
  3. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Someone sold a few on Ebay a while back, they went for a couple hundred each. That's about the only way to get it now, find someone with an unclaimed code. I doubt many unclaimed codes are out there anymore though.
    Aenvar likes this.
  4. Zamiam Augur

the claim code also came with not only the ancient god illusion but also a metamorph : ancient god pet/familiar illusion ..

and I just clicked it on my alt : and it only lasts for 30min /recast 2hours ... the illusion buff goes in the song window and it even counts down in zones like pok and GL so doesnt matter its a short duration buff ..

I think the dev's should change it to a regular illusion buff and lower the recast on it by an hour at least

also sense it goes in the song window if you zone it goes poof ..
    Eteract and Aenvar like this.
  5. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

If anything they'd change the illusion to be less practical for use... you're emulating a god after all. They've expressed regret about introducing it in the first place.

OP, Unfortunately, I wouldn't get your hopes up, the code was from 2014. If anyone is still sitting on one of these they're almost certainly asking for you to pay off their mortgage in exchange.
    Szilent and Aenvar like this.
  6. Benito EQ player since 2001.

As an owner of a Guise of the Ancient Gods, you get tired of casting it because it fades after 30 minutes (with 2 hour recast) as mentioned above. Now, you can sit AFK with Ice Giant, Deathfist Orc, Elddar, or Efreeti/Djinn.

I always felt like the Bristlebane model should behave as a regular illusion (regular buff timer that could work with Permanent Illusion). You won't be game-breaking as an ugly halfling (plus jester casts that model too).

Now that we have the Ice Giant illusion, I wonder if the devs can revisit and extend the Ancient Gods illusion duration (specifically Bristlebane form)?
    Eteract and Aenvar like this.
  7. ForumBoss Augur

I seem to remember a dev post where they said they didn't want to give out everquest God illusions. Maybe the time limit here is a compromise on that mindset.
    Aenvar likes this.
  8. Cidran Augur

Thanks everyone for the input so far. I love the classic models so when I discovered these illusions I got really interested in them (specially the Tribunal one, that's my favorite!). But if they exist because the devs were forced on it, well then… Better forget about it.

Congrats to all who got them :)
  9. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Aenvar likes this.
  10. eqgamer Augur

Yea then I get chic skins half the time and I ain't gonna go runnin' around lookin' like no chic so I click off. I try to use mine on pet though. Only when I remember and that's rare anymore. there was a lot of grief on the 30 min timer and two hour reuse too. Devs providrr some awful reasoning for doing that but whatever.
  11. Celephane Augur

misogyny much? You have issues dude, your toon doesn't even have balls btw, check it out some time if you can stand to look
  12. eqgamer Augur

Holy weirdness. Take it easy, dude. I was messing around. Angry much?
  13. Golrin New Member

I doubt these game cards show up for sale any more, but just in case I thought I would share this. I had this game card sitting on my desk for the last 6 years. About 3 months ago I scratched the code and tried to redeem it to get the god illusion. The system wouldn't take it. I emailed support and there was nothing they could do about it. So if you ever see one of these for sale, it probably won't work.
    Aenvar likes this.
  14. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Oof, that stinks.
  15. Zamiam Augur

I kinda wish DB would make the illusion tradeable so i can sell mine .. with the 30min illusion only and 2 hour recast its not really that great .. if they took the 30min timer off and made it a regular illusion I could see keeping it even with the 2 hour recast , but that 30min timer even when in zones that normal buffs dont tick down its ludicrous .. so ya if it was tradeable i would sell mine :p
  16. Jadenpain Scholar

Yea i was told they expired when dbg took over.
  17. Tutankamen Augur

Agree with OP- make these available on market!