Stop the Automation

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Duke Duane, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Arrk Augur

Keyboard macros have always been approved... you just can't AFK use them... you must be present at the keyboard.

If you look at the code of conduct... it only says you can't AFK play....
    Thalliius likes this.
  2. Duke Duane New Member

I would say "entitled" accurately sums up anyone using automation to stay logged in while they are not at the computer so that they can play without waiting when they are. it is clearly against the rules set forth. there is no doubt we all "want" to play but now this behavior is causing Queue times all day long instead of just during peak hours. Could that be good? yes or no. Maybe it will help spur action, who knows. Just venting frustration like the rest of us here atm who "want" to play on the new server.
  3. tofu stir fry Augur

its been beaten into the dead horse over and over. aradune is a dumpster fire; those who plan on staying will adapt to making it playable regardless of what the "rules" state. those who dont will sit and play que quest. choose wisely and get the best bang for your buck. jay walking laws were created and no one follows them and theyre generally not enforced as food for thought
    Thalliius likes this.
  4. Moforyguy Elder

It is not the players fault that they have found their own solutions to DBG problems. DBG is responsible for being able to run a server and enforcing the rules of the server. We know what the problem is already. They like making money not spending it. All the extra money for the short term is fine with them. They have their max player base so now time to collect.
    Thalliius likes this.
  5. Thalliius Augur

How are you able to differentiate between botters and people like me who work from home right now and just move my characters manually every 20 minutes or so?

I'm not automating, but you might see my character move a little bit every 20 minutes. You going to report and try to have me suspended for "botting" too?

That is the crux of the issue, you can't just go around disconnecting and suspending people because another player says they're a botter. They need to actually PROVE it, which is very difficult to do
  6. Smallhands Elder

This company runs their servers like a slumlord. Fix as little as possible while charging full rent.

Just send tells to people moving every so often while afk for 10+ hours. If they are working at home they can easily answer the tell, and thus aren't afk. If they are running auto-clickers with no way to answer tells setup remotely, ah well, they can work on their Queue quest some more.

The onus is on DPG to improve the server stability. The player can certainly run the risk of auto-clicking, but sending tells to 10 hour AFKers would improve the queue times a bit.

I don't blame players one bit for trying to stay online because of the horrendous queue times because of this slumlord company, but it's always a risk doing so if truely afk.
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  7. Kenderix Lorekeeper

Do all the automaters also have a system to log into the server as soon as it is unlocked? Or are they just clicking the "Play Everquest" button over and over again whilst they eat with their other hand.
  8. Kenderix Lorekeeper

It's not that. It's that their 'own solution' is just adding to the problem and impacting the rest of the player-based. I personally don't AFK dodge, but I personally haven't been able to log into Aradune for the past 5 days because of my play-time either.

Guess it's more fool me - but I somehow don't feel my play time on the server has priority over anyone else.

Those who do AFK dodge have decided their play time is more important than mine and, as such, the queue is so long to get int that I can no longer play.

That is the bit that irks me.
  9. nagash101 Augur

Won't help. 1000s of reports sent, zero action taken.
  10. Ilshade Augur

Just do what WOW did two restarts a day - reset the queue and kicked all the bots - everyone got a change to get in or two chances before queuing up again :)

An how hard is it to disable the commands for iso box and from the eq client - just dont allow the execution of the commands issue solved.
    Anyone watch these groups have 3 monks landing all specials and a healer constantly healing - ya too much automation - if you allow this then you have to allow afk automation or you dont allow any of it

when the server first came up iso and didnt work just do that again :)
  11. feigntrain Elder

No, it's not. They made a deal with the automation cheaters to allow it on live servers if they pinky promise not to do it on TLPs. They do it on TLPs anyway and don't get banned.
  12. Smallhands Elder

Redguides players aren't the ones using it on TLPs because unless it is cracked, or a different product, it doesn't even work on TLPs period.
  13. Sikkun Augur

Back handed deals with no proof. It’s against the rules, read the rules, it’s right there and you click accept every time you log in. Does not say “you can use M q 2 on live”.

There is a difference between not enforcing them and not having them.
  14. feigntrain Elder

What do the rules say I can do? I thought there were rules about what I can't do. I must have missed the section that explicitly states every individual action that is allowed.