Early fear/hate unlock doesn't feel like classic.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Thorak1234, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Thorak1234 Lorekeeper

What is the point of gearing up in classic when you can literally clear fear/hate wearing cloth and cracked staffs?
    My memory is failing me but I don't remember planes being available at launch? When does fear/hate unlock on TLP's? When vox/naggy are deafted?

For instance, why should I camp for an SMR when I can go straight to hate and get an apothic robe for my mage?

I feel it ruins the whole classic experience.
  2. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Yeah classic needs less content. Nailed it.
    MileyVyrus and Thalliius like this.
  3. C3lowz Augur

This is not a classic clone. TLP's are just that, Time Locked Progression servers.

If you want an authentic classic experience go play P99 Green
    Mezrah likes this.
  4. Kahna Augur

Naggy, Vox and Phinny.

And you are correct, there is no reason to camp your SMR when you can get your hate robe. Congrats on avoiding a miserable camp.
  5. Sikkun Augur

Look at what people cleared on Selo with cloth....
  6. Xeris Augur

It always unlocked when vox/naggy/phinny died... only issue is that on Aradune, those mobs were killed by the 4th day of the server.
  7. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

SMR and other non-planar visibles had some usage when their focus effects worked. Now it is pretty much just planar and a few pieces of Loam/Withered for everyone.

Also the game still exists prior to hitting 46.
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  8. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

I love that you used SMR as your example considering it's needed for epics and can also be used for the Shiny Robe of the Underfoot Quest in the Hole. Which is IMO better then Apothic Robe.
  9. Tucoh Augur

Would be interesting to see a TLP that had staggered level caps in classic. Ex: level 10 cap the first week, level 20 cap the next week. I don't know if it'd make that much sense but it'd be interesting seeing what level 10 players could kill in the first week and level 20 players could kill in the next week. It would for sure have the best non-twinked geared characters though.

Would also be interesting to see a TLP that released with a level 50 cap and Kunark released (with or without Kunark raids).

Would also be interesting to see a TLP released that could support the playerbase
    Pumpernickel likes this.
  10. Kharth New Member

This was one of the most requested features (server opening with Classic and Kunark) next to an FV server, but we got Agnarr clone with GMs for 6 months. Thankfully they walked back the PoP lock.
  11. Healiez Augur

I would love a server capped at 50 with the first three expansions opened and potentially disable raid targets in kunark and velious. Then in 12 weeks up it to 60 and unlock kunark raids, then in 12 weeks unlock velious raids. I loved leveling in some of the kunark/velious zones on Selo's. 90% of the kunark and velious zones are completely unused except for the occasional quest or click item.

The only issue I see with that.

1) most kunark and velious group gear is hands down better then classic raid gear, invalidating all classic gear.
  12. yerm Augur

Whining about caster focus effects are the reason planar and loam/withered is all #1 now. Classic drops had real value before then and now they don't. Don't ever let that stop you from continuing to whine about drops where changes will just hurt the fun more, though.
  13. Mrjon3s Augur

Hell most kunark/ velious group gear is just as good if not better then raid gearing classic and kunark. But I would love for them just to release classic and kunark with like a 16-20 week unlock till velious. You really don’t need 3 months of classic and 3 months of kunark.
  14. Thorak1234 Lorekeeper

Pardon my ignorance but why did people whine about caster focus effects?
  15. MileyVyrus Elder

They didn't.. Daybreak finally released a agnarr/coirnav clone with decent xp (Mangler) and included the removal of focus effects. Everyone loved mangler because it had a decent xp rate, so Mangler succeeded wildly... DBG made the obvious conclusion that we all hate focus effects.

womp, womp.

So there went one quality of life. To be honest, the only thing i really miss is the buff duration. Well that, and having more gearing option combos. GSD being a really cheap, solid robe for necros was a good example of this.
  16. Kobra Augur

The removal of focus effects was a step in the direction to remove motm from raid mobs. They said in order to remove motm they would need to revert the spell changes to classic levels and that included removing focus effects.

Will it ever happen? Who knows. My guess is probably not.