Accounts crashing all the way out of Everquest

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Kazieth, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Kazieth New Member

Since the server merge, I have had random characters crash all the way out of Everquest on FV server. Is anyone else experiencing this? I have gone back and forth trying things with support to no avail. I have gone from boxing 5 toons with zero issues to not even being able to have two without one randomly crashing all the way out of Everquest.
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Same happens to me.. they just instantly poof with no warning no message the client just closes. Had it happen to three different toons today within the space of 15 minutes. Then its been fine for a couple of hours.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yes on the instant poof! Usually in guild lobby. I will look up and one of my team is just gone.

No to the crash since there is not any error messages, locked screens or other crash related symptoms. No "you have been disconnected notice", doesn't leave you at any screens.

It's just gone.

I honestly think its a way to cut down on the lag in the lobby people complain about. I don't see that lag myself, but I am sure others do.

Not sure which post to uplike in bugs since just poofing is not really a crash - its a closure.
  4. Kazieth New Member

5. Kazieth New Member

That is why I specified, "all the way out of EQ". But yes, I agree. Not really a crash, just gone entirely.
  6. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

This is likely an old graphics bug. When someone with a certain illusion, ornament, or weapons graphic zones in, it can push an EQ session 'over the edge' whether due to memory allocation overage or straight up memory leaks. This causes the client to crash.

If DPG was forcibly logging people out you would end up on the Character Select screen, not your desktop.
  7. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

This is a crash. Yes, indeed.
  8. Ninelder Augur

Happens to me in guild hall, CC and Eastern wastes so far.
  9. Ninelder Augur

This is what happens when one of my toons poof. According to the dbg.txt.

[Mon Jun 15 20:23:48 2020]00200:D3DXCreateTextureFromFileEx() failed to create texture blueglobesp501.dds for particle system.

[Mon Jun 15 20:23:48 2020]00201:D3DXCreateTextureFromFileEx() failed to create texture blueglobesp501.dds for particle system.

[Mon Jun 15 20:23:48 2020]00202:D3DXCreateTextureFromFileEx() failed to create texture blueglobesp501.dds for particle system.

[Mon Jun 15 20:23:48 2020]00203:D3DXCreateTextureFromFileEx() failed to create texture fire01.dds for particle system.

[Mon Jun 15 20:23:48 2020]00204:D3DXCreateTextureFromFileEx() failed to create texture snow_hit.dds for particle system.

[Mon Jun 15 20:23:48 2020]00205:D3DXCreateTextureFromFileEx() failed to create texture flamed.dds for particle system.

[Mon Jun 15 20:23:48 2020]00206:D3DXCreateTextureFromFileEx() failed to create texture snow_hit.dds for particle system.

[Mon Jun 15 20:23:58 2020]00207:D3DXCreateTextureFromFileEx() failed to create texture mist_white.dds for particle system.

I can only assume you messed up some of the graphics when you were busy stabilizing the servers.
  10. Seor New Member

Same here on FV and Rilz I’m just running along and suddenly I’m just looking at my desktop and the EQ client is gone. Poof with no delay or warning. Happens multiple times a day now. Each time I try and log back in it says I already have a character logged on...so have to do the 30 second log out wait. Appears there is a growing thread under the unresolved bugs for this but so far no official response.

Edit: note that these crashes have occurred in multiple zones including ferrott, Gfay, WC... so not just a POK or guild hall thing...I have a whole different set of locking up/freezing on zone with the GH.