Let me press buttons on both computers without going LD

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Mallar, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Mallar New Member

Every time I'm playing my enc/clr boxes (on 2 different computers) I play both with keys on both keyboards at the same time I'm getting kicked and sent to the Queue Monster zone.

To Reproduce:

1) Enchanter spams colour flux key
    2) Healer spams heal button at same time.

Result: you're booted.

WTF is this?
  2. Thewiz Augur

Truebox.
  3. Mallar New Member

ReasonDPGWillLoseMoneyBox
  4. KimchiGoddess Augur

Are they the same key? I've not experienced truebox disconnects but I've read on these forums before to make them different keys. Like if colour flux and heal are both key 1, then make one of them key 2 and it should change the outcome.
    Tucoh and Mallar like this.
  5. Imukai Augur

Press different keys.
  6. Mallar New Member

I will have to remap my keys - yes they were the exact same key.

Still, BS System.
  7. Tweakfour17 Augur

This is the system people want and rabidly defend because God forbid anyone 2 box by alt+tabbing. Anyways, either assign them to different keys or don't spam them and the disconnects should stop.
  8. Tucoh Augur

I still don't know what this features provides except confusion for people trueboxing honestly and a quick way to camp for people who are willing to exploit it. Anyone getting around the trueboxing system can easily workaround this feature.
  9. Tweakfour17 Augur

Its not a feature per se, more of a false positive. The server sees tons of the same key stroke coming from the same connection on multiple machine and assumes its key stroke broadcasting and not you smashing keys on 2 different pc. Being that it doesn't make you go LD but actually removes you instantly from the game I'm surprised I don't see more threads about people using it to somehow train deep into raid zones, force a disconnect somewhere safe then log back in and coth the raid or something. Maybe they do and just keep it quiet, who knows
  10. Arrk Augur

It is key broadcasting... when you press the 1 key on one PC and send it to other PCs... that is what is happening to you... either you are broadcasting ... or you are manually spamming the same key on both PC's ...
  11. Tweakfour17 Augur

Manually spamming keys on 2 separate keyboards isn't broadcasting. Hence the false positive.