EverQuest is not the only game with a queue problem.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Benito, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Benito EQ player since 2001.

2. C3lowz Augur

These people here don't seem to understand that there are several thousands of people trying to play this 20+ year old game from a dying, underfunded, understaffed company.

But just like every entitled mind-set out there, they spent money, so they need to be treated as a King and Queen with upmost respect.
  3. Creedmonk Augur

So what you're saying is that because DPG is "dying, underfunded and an understaffed company" that people should expect to not be able to play for what they intended to pay for, Aradune? Not everyone has 6 hours they can just sit by their computer to wait to join the game. This makes them "entitled"? and you believe that those people want to be treated as as "King" and "Queen" because they expected to be able to be able to play on Aradune within a reasonable amount of time?

I just want to make sure I'm understanding your logic and what you're trying to convey here.

I think if they had advertised the server as it is, with 3-7 hour queue times on a consistent basis, then many people may have had a second thought about subscribing and purchasing pots and bags for the new server.
    Wesleypipes77, DirtyOldMage and Mac77 like this.
  4. Smallhands Elder

The Fortnite server queues weren't purposefully imposed.
    Gio1999 likes this.
  5. Malachi Augur

Talk of fortnite...posters posting "cringey".
    Sound the alarm! The zoomers are coming!
  6. That0neguy Augur

Access to a live event is a little bit different than day to day access to the game.
  7. Accipiter Old Timer

/boggle
    Gio1999 likes this.
  8. C3lowz Augur

How many layers of foil does your hat have?
  9. kit74 Lorekeeper

You can't be serious comparing one event to the #&_$ show that is everquest. Even epic said this

Knowing that the in-game live event would fill up fast, Epic Games advised fans to arrive 30 minutes before the 2 p.m. ET start time to secure their spot. But then at 1:31 p.m., just one minute after the recommended queue time, Epic announced that the event was full

It's one of the most popular games in the world has around
    250 million people play......and this is one time event they don't have issues day to day....and daybreak struggling with 10k
  10. Pawtato Augur

Oh, wow you really think the number is that high? I was thinking around like 6500.
  11. Creedmonk Augur

Yeah I don't think it's near 10k, either. It's probably 4-6k
  12. Zapford Elder

So expecting something that you've paid for to actually function is now being entitled?

Wow.
    Gio1999 and Niwanif like this.
  13. topple good idea generator

Typical entitled boomer...

Expecting to be able to use a service only 3 weeks after launch just because you paid for it.

:eek: the nerve
    DirtyOldMage, Malachi, Laronk and 2 others like this.
  14. Domniatric Augur

15. Febb Augur

I think they have been experimenting with increasing the capacity of these TLP servers for a while now but they always come up short on the more popular servers and end up with a queue. I don't know if it's a infrastructure issue or how things are coded.

Comparing Fornite to EQ though, they are a huge company like Blizzard. They have the resources to scale their infrastructure up if they need. I don't think Darkpaw can scale their servers up like modern games can.
  16. Mac77 New Member

You're right but other games have worked to fix it
  17. Niwanif New Member

I am convinced that the usual bootlickers are actually DPG employees.

No one is this stupid.

You cannot compare a single instance of a queue for a rare, one-time event, to a month of incompetence and downright malfeasance.
  18. Laronk Augur

Nah, some of them are long time posters who just really really love everquest and think that it can do no wrong. No matter how bad the patch or what ever they defend the company. GM pops beside you and speaks in lizardman to do an afk check in /say (which is a spam channel for many people) perfectly acceptable to them. DBG swatts your house, fun and games.

Really in their eyes there is no wrong that can be done and they're just happy the game is still around.
    Niwanif and MasterMagnus like this.
  19. Goburs The Filthy Casualz Leader

Ahhh the old “Other places suck once in a while too” analogy. Cute.
    Niwanif and MasterMagnus like this.
  20. jeskola pheerie

JChan stated EQ now has a growing population which I found interesting. Retro gamers picking it up now? :)