Aradune Update 6/10/20

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Jun 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lolthe Journeyman

I am Central Standard Time
  2. Hottcakes New Member

This is insanity.
    I have waited in multi hour que's to get either booted 10 minutes in or be told "my account needs to be validated" which happened after a 4 and a half hour wait today.
    If it was just wait in a que and then get to play , OK.
    But wait in a Que to crash or get kicked and restart the que? This has got to be a joke.
    You should be issuing refunds for all the Money I threw at you in the past two weeks that I can't even use!
  3. Madoron New Member

This is ridiculous at the moment. Those people that have suggested it's better to have a long queue and no lag/loading times clearly don't "play" on this server. Most people are fairly understanding of zoning times, and once you're at a camp it's only chat lag to worry about.

Unfortunately, with the queue times, everyone either sits using 3rd party software to avoid getting booted whilst afk. Or queues for hours in the hope of playing and not getting kicked out. If they aren't going to increase server capacity / resources, then I think most would prefer to live with the lag. But it's quickly putting players off paying for subs, when you can't get on to "enjoy" the game and make the most of the compensation provided for the poor implementation of the servers / patching in the first place.
  4. Sarona New Member

5 hour Queue times both Sunday and Monday Eastern log in at 5pm or 6pm to get in at 10pm or 11pm respectively.

Not realistic at all. 100% grateful that I play on live while Aradune is whipping that hamster.
  5. Redgnome1 Lorekeeper

Server works great!

all these kids will just quit and que will go away

Your in our world now !
  6. Zapford Elder

I was about to go play DDO, until I realized it was a Daybreak Game.

I was a fool to buy the bags, and an even bigger fool to open a second account and prepay a year. No interest in Live, can't play on Aradune, and a Dev team that can't even communicate effectively with their clients and honestly seems to not care. /sigh
  7. Danx New Member

Got up this morning, right away jumped into the queue thinking I'd get to play in a couple hours. A 1 hour queue time! I was surprised and happy to only have to wait an hour to play something I pay for. 2 hours go by, still waiting... Then get a message saying I was disconnected and had to join the queue over again, this time it's over 2 hours. WTF?!?

I haven't played in years, so going back to a regular live server, I would be lost with all the new expansions, but at least I'd be able to actually play. What's happening now is STUPID! Don't they know the majority of people playing on this server are casual gamers with limited time? Adults with jobs, kids, and other responsibilities?
  8. your_best_man New Member

Careful, they’re handing out bans for speaking critically about their failures.
  9. Zapford Elder

That's okay, I have cancelled my accounts, and removed everything EQ from my computers; these forums are the last bit of my addiction, and good for some laughs while at work. I they want to ban me for telling them how poorly they are doing, which is a fact, then / shrug
  10. Cynder New Member

My working theory is that Daybreak was formed by the remnants of the Chernobyl reactor staff. Da svidania Daybreak!
  11. Scordax New Member

I personally love this game and have played off and on through the years. This server truly excited me. Starting from scratch. I have put about 80 dollars into my toon for bags and such only to not be able to play. It is a min 4 hour Que for me in Rocky Mountain Time as I can only log in after work. It has been a frustrating ordeal and yes, it would be nice to receive a 15 days gift playtime or something along those lines from daybreak.
    I have been leaning between wow classic and eq. I really want to play eq but, after this update if something is not done one way or another I will del eq and never pick it up again sadly. No disrespect to any one on the eq team but as a 50 year old man who works for a living and very little rec tim I see no point in continuing this frustration. Wow is a good game (Not as good IMO) but maybe it will have to do.
    Please, fix this.
  12. PanCakeMix New Member

11:30 est here right now with a 208 min queue. This is craziness, I haven't even tried to log in the last week because of the long queue times. I thought there would be some forward progress with getting the server stable. I guess not
  13. Alyrirya New Member

Either, DBG needs to throw more resources at this problem or implement login timers for everyone, meaning you get x number of hours from the time you login until you must log out. You can log back in if you want and if there's no queue, but leaving people sitting for 5 hours on a login queue because of folks using 3rd party afk tools to prevent being logged out is insane. You're catering to people who are intentionally violating the rules.

The queue strategy is also self-defeating. People will do anything to stay in as long as possible now because they know, once they logout, they're essentially done for the day.

But this is unplayable unless you get up at 5 or 6 in the morning.
  14. hieroz New Member

everquest man been back for a week nothing but headaches. only a JOKE of a game would take the game down during day time hours for 6 hours. JOKE. Feels like its everquest live 20 years ago they were better then this. They cant stay up at night when no ones on and update the game but wanna make everyone not play because they cant lose any sleep? JOKE GAME JOKE. RUINED ARADUNES LEGACY.
  15. hieroz New Member

Who wants to bet aradune is not going to get one single update but we cant login for 6 hours. Why you punish Progression servers for updates when theres no changes on the server? Better not have any lag or que or I gaurentee you will lose a lot of subs even though your do not even care you just wanted the first sub back money because that's your whole play with progession servers you really don't give a about anyone you just want their first month back sub money. this is proven you cannot even address a server with 12 pages of CUSTOMERS complaining about your product.
  16. bucky New Member

17. bucky New Member

I think the old code system is the real issue why server cap can`t be increased to 6,000 people.So unless they can find a code fix someway server will not change.They also need to find out long q times drop people at random and then you start over with another long q time.Now what can you do fix server log out like a man and not leave keyboard for hours with third party hardware that allows you to stay on 24/7.Report boxing crews cap over more than two and report people who go hours away from keyboard swimming or running in circles not to get kicked off server.I shift the blame on 90% players have created the toxic problem we face.
  18. hieroz New Member

Code for a game and having enough bandwidth on your server to allow people to log on are the same thing?

So everquest is going down on Aradune server for 6 hours so they can...

"unlock calendar events":

didn't know it took 6 hours to make calendar text appear. You gota take down every server even ones your not updating?
  19. Sakuraba Augur

Yes, they do...

Where have you been for the last 5 years, exactly? The last 15? The last 20?

All MMOs, not just EQ, take down ALL Servers for general maintenance and upkeep, alongside patches and content additions for specific servers. I see so many people acting like this is some kind of Everquest-only thing, when it isn't.
  20. hieroz New Member

20 years - destroying all end game content in one of top EQ guilds while you were in diapers.
    15 years - selling end game WoW accounts for $5,000 - $2,000 each on weekly basis
    5 years - destroying TMO every raid boss on p99.

You?

20 years - dying on repeat to fire giants
    15 years - still complaining about other guilds taking all raid content
    5 years - started defending day break games on what a bad job they do
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.