Rizlona is not a "boxing" server.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Xanadas, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Xanadas Augur

If you're refusing to play on Rizlona and still sitting in Aradune queues, you're doing so to your own detriment. There are no special rules on Rizlona that make "meant for boxing" any more so than any other server. The description in the server select does it a disservice by labeling it a "boxing" server. It is just another server that is not truebox, just like every other server in server select that does not have [truebox] next to it's name.

Stop waiting in queues and roll on Rizlona.
  2. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Boxer propaganda. He's just trying to trick you into buying his stuff for Krono!

:rolleyes:
  3. Kahna Augur

If one doesn't care about boxers then this is probably a good option. Seeing the 6 boxers does rub some people the wrong way, so they are unlikely to be a good fit for Rizlona's community.
    Gio1999 likes this.
  4. Gnothappening Augur

True, but there are plenty of them on Aradune. The few times I have made it in the game I have seen 3+ boxing in nearly every zone I went to.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  5. Kahna Augur

I haven't, and I have been in game more than most. Though I suspect my husband and I look like a 3 boxer to anyone running randomly running by. I'm waiting for the first warning.
  6. Gnothappening Augur

Worst I have seen was a six boxer. Three mages that didn't even bother to nuke. They would just send their pets at the exact same time. Really disheartening that people won't put in the effort to send pets on a delay and cast a nuke.
  7. Fluid Augur

I don't mind the boxers so much as the RMT types. If I wanted to pay ~$105 for loot rights, I would just bribe someone at DP.<sic> The RMT crowd is a real fiction breaker.
    minimind likes this.
  8. KnightofKedge New Member

funny part is theres more lootrights selling/expensive/rmt for items on aradune. Raw plat is the onlything really worth anything on rizlona.
    minimind likes this.
  9. Kharth New Member

People would rather wait over 5 hours to get into Aradune rather than play on Rizlona. If that doesn't tell you something, I don't know what will.
  10. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Everything on Rizlona is more expensive though. You can literally log on a level 1 toon and go to tunnel /auction.
    Nordgaren likes this.
  11. Nordgaren Elder

You literally can't find group members because it's all six boxers.
    Gio1999 likes this.
  12. Thewiz Augur

Idiots. Rizlona is fine. Log in, make a toon and just try it.
  13. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Guys Rizlona is totally fine. It's not dead at all. These daily threads begging Aradune players to come play on Rizlona has nothing to do with the server being dead 2 weeks into Classic.
    Fenixe17 and Gio1999 like this.
  14. Ishbu Augur

Rizlona folks need to realize that everything youve said or tried to promote about your server, is exactly the rhetoric Selo's people were using when that server and Mangler launched.

Yes, the lesser populated of the 2 is going to be a better experience this first month or so(and yes Aradune is a Greek tragedy so far), but the goal is not to have some fun for a couple weeks.

Very soon, probably before Velious eve launches, that server will be boxes/bots and almost nothing else, with little to nothing for a solo or new player
    Zanarnar likes this.
  15. taliefer Augur

I am 6 boxing on rizlona, but i see plenty of PUGs form up in guk and the hole. yes there are 6 boxers around, but i have seen less drama on rizlona while leveling up than i did on mangler and coirnav.

I was hesitant to give rizlona a shot, because I thought itd be a shitshow. but its actually been pretty pleasant way to spend my non mangler EQ time. I just need to find a raid guid that doesnt raid on sun mon and wed so i can do some casual raiding that doesnt conflict with Mangler~
  16. Alakshak Journeyman

So are Krono so if you're the type to liquidate Krono for Plat you get a lot more bang for you buck. It's a double edged sword. Also long term think of how much loot from DZ with make it on to the market, and cheap. Everything is expensive now but by Velious people will be nearly giving away Classic loot because it can be done with so few characters.
  17. Bowdeen Elder

I've seen a bunch of stuff being sold for Krono on Rizlona, but you're right. We don't really see a huge issue on Riz.

My brother 2 boxes on Aradune, in the same room as me while I play on Riz. While yes, Riz obviously has it's boxes, we've seen a LOT of 4+ boxers on Aradune and they are clearly a single person. Additionally, you constantly have a lot of people LFG on Riz despite the fact people are boxing. Not everyone has 6, and even those who do, most of them are willing to drop a toon or 2 to add you in to join them.

Ultimately though, the toxicity on Aradune is significantly higher than that on Rizlona. I've seen countless DPS races and trains just watching my brother play. Meanwhile, I've yet to encounter a DPS race, and the only trains I've encountered have been accidental (I aggro'd their mobs on a wipe, or they ran through me not knowing I was there).

Sure, it's not for everyone. But with all of you out there thinking "omgurd b0xers will ru1n us!", it simply isn't that type of server. There's a good bit of social interaction with randoms, and I've even seen a 12 boxer stop by lower level camps (NRo ruins/Befallen/Commons etc) and just buff groups or give them gear they didn't need.
  18. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Hell yah boy, that's gonna be hype. Can't wait to get that sweet Cloak of Flames in Velious. I can use it while i sit in the Tunnel AFK since there is nobody to group with. It will look sick on my toon though.
  19. Alakshak Journeyman

In the end though Aradune is just a Mangler clone with some launch issues.

Rizlona is the first and only "Box Friendly" server with DZs and the only non Truebox in years.

Which one of these two is likely to see a clone next year take a massive bite out of their current playerbase and which is a niche server who's playerbase is not going to be served elsewhere?

Rizlona is not nearly what some claim it to be but it's also not for everybody. Good luck on Aradune.
    Thewiz, Thalliius and KimchiGoddess like this.
  20. Ishbu Augur

Sure its a clone, a clone of a server that still has a healthy population playing on it after a year. That was my entire point that you seem to have missed, Rizlona is temporarily and very short term ok right now. It wont be so even 3 months from now.

IF we just say a new clone kills the old one immediately, which isnt true, you still get 4x the longevity on Aradune, without nearly as many box armies.