Here is how I play (not sure how many others can)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by ethyre, Jun 16, 2020.

1. ethyre Augur

6:00PM log in to the queue
    9:00PM go to bed early
    12:00AM wake to blaring EQ music, log in & play 3 hours
    3:00AM log out of EQ then sleep 3 hours before work

this is a ridiculous schedule to keep
  2. Name2 Augur

Why are you doing this to yourself? Are you really that interested in these servers? What's the draw? Genuine question. Don't let this rehashed experience jeopardize your work performance and livelihood. These servers aren't that special, the new features by all accounts aren't working.
  3. Malachi Augur

Ya if this is your honest to goodness personal way of coping, I would highly suggest a different server or perhaps p99?
    Don't do this man. Get help.
  4. Kenderix Lorekeeper

This is how i play..

1700 finish work
    1830 finish dinner
    1900 log into EQ - 100 min queue
    2200 crash out of queue due to 'reasons'
    2205 log into EQ - 250 min queue
    2206 do something else
    0130 go to sleep having never been on EQ at all.

PS: I refuse to logon during work hours and then somehow play the 'non-AFK' game just to steal a spot for hours from someone who could be in playing. Guess my Kung Fu is just not strong enough.
  5. Tucoh Augur

This is how I played:

Wake up early, play when there's no queues, go to work.
    Bullsnooze likes this.
  6. Thrawnseg Augur

Log in early and play while doing Work From Home. When done with work, use Remote Desktop to move my guy/cast spells during dinner/family time (once every 20 mins os fine to stay logged in), come back a few hours later ready to go for raids at 8pm est!
  7. Name2 Augur

How does the family feel about dinner/family time with you babysitting your EQ character?

https://www.wikihow.com/Overcome-an-MMORPG-Addiction
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  8. Coas Lorekeeper

How do you sit in the queue idle for hours without being booted? If I get in the queue and don't move the mouse or hit the play button every 20-25 minutes, I get booted from server select for inactivity. This keeps me from logging in most days, because there is no chance I'm checking in every 20 minutes for 4+ hours.
  9. Thrawnseg Augur

They are fine with it. I work my real job and get all my assignments done and spend time with the family. Moving a character takes as much time as reading a text message. I play after the kid goes to bed. I'm not losing any time with them. Hello, my wife was happy when the server launched as it gave her 4 days alone with me being in my room leveling.
  10. Thrawnseg Augur

This is in game - just use remote desktop to tap a hotkey that stands/sits and casts a spell. Then you are good for 20-30 minutes. So in 4 hours, you are checking it 8 time max. That's basically reading 8 text messages or scrolling twitter during a commercial.
  11. Thewiz Augur

This is how I play EQ:

5pm log into EQ (Rizlona)
    Play EQ
    9:30pm Log out and goto bed.
    Kittany and KimchiGoddess like this.
  12. Febb Augur

This is how I play.

Get off work.
    KimchiGoddess and Tucoh like this.
  13. Coas Lorekeeper

Not too interested in any kind of autoclicker method while I'm in game. When I do finally log in, I'm actively playing, and I log out when I'm done. I just wish I wasn't automatically kicked out of the queue for not sitting there staring at server select for hours while I wait.
  14. Moranis Augur

Basically, I found out you need to log in when you wake up and have some sort of anti-AFK-kick measure setup. Whether that's binding a L1 character underwater and just letting him die / revive, or creating an AHK script to sit/stand every 5 minutes...whatever. I've gotten booted out of the queue too many times now, it's unreliable.

Either that or you just bang your head against the wall forumquesting about how long the queues are at 5pm.

Here's to hoping they fix it all tomorrow?
  15. Ishbu Augur

If others want to adjust or interrupt their sleep schedule to combat the queue, more power to them. Cant say that wasnt me 15+ years ago.

The way I play now is wish I still cared enough to take those steps, take no extra precautions to deal with the queue, and just hope I get through sometime
  16. Vudu New Member

I certainly hope so. Joined up with a buddy hoping to get some good playtime in together.

He's already 10 levels ahead of me since he doesn't have kids to watch and can babysit the damn queue.

The best laid plans...

Edit: Used to be able to time my queue entry and log in when capable of playing. This is no longer the case with queue round two. My current "70 minute" queue popped two hours late and at the end of naptime. Here's to another week of falling behind as my work week spins up.