Its 11:05 am EST and there's already a queue!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Psalmz, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Psalmz Elder

The Aradune server queue has lead to people never logging off. Hence there is a waiting list of would be players for the "full" server. The time shown in the queue message is MEANINGLESS! Players now entering the queue will likely be waiting for hours! Not the 20 mins or so listed in the message.

Fix this devs.
  2. Niwanif New Member

Don't worry; there will be sycophants in here licking boots telling us that this is okay and normal.

There's been zero word on this in a week, there's been no resolution, there's been silence.
    KimchiGoddess and Creedmonk like this.
  3. Tweakfour17 Augur

They said they had some stuff coming in the June patch which is tomorrow. Not sure what else they'd say before they roll that out and see how it works.
  4. Sikkun Augur

But that doesn’t fit the narrative and saying boot lickers is fun. If that fails next claim your getting paid by DPG to post.

They are at least planning to fix some stuff tomorrow, will have to see if it works.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  5. Vudu New Member

They'd say that they are working to address the issue in order to remove the queue and increase server capacity. As far as we know, they consider the queue to be here to stay until they deal with lag and zone times.

They'd say something to help alleviate our frustration. They rolled out a very unpopular option to address what appear to be minor concerns. We're pissed.
    Niwanif likes this.
  6. Sikkun Augur

People were not less pissed last week when they were in an infinite loop of crashing while loading/zoning. They just shifted rage from queue, to lag, back to queue. But if they fixed the crash problem (which is what they indicated they are attempting tomorrow), then server capacity would be raised....which lowering it caused the queue problem.

Aka fixing the crashing, fixes the queue.

“ Since launch we have been working on solving the issues with server performance that has affected game play for many of you. In the interim we have reduced the server capacity slightly as a short term fix.”

Interim, short term fix, working on solving.

Meets everything you asked for, people are just mad about the timeline. Which is fine, but your anger is not speeding it up.
    Bullsnooze likes this.
  7. Tucoh Augur

What did they
    Where did they say that and what, specifically did they say?
    Niwanif likes this.
  8. Tweakfour17 Augur

I've already been called that lol, can't wait until I get paid, they said the check was in the mail... Lol

The minor concerns being the lag and zone times? Because these forums were lit up about the lag last week just as much as they are now about the queue. People were pissed then too. It's understandable, both make the experience poor / unplayable. But to say that they were minor concerns doesn't feel very true.
  9. Sikkun Augur

Bullsnooze likes this.
  10. Trevalon Augur

That post said nothing about server stability being fixed with the June Patch. It said some of the crashes while zoning will be fixed in the June patch....nothing about the lag, the queue, or server stability, just some crashing while zoning issues.

I have 0 faith that anything is changing tomorrow...
    Niwanif likes this.
  11. Sikkun Augur

They had a queue, server capacity went up to remove the queue...then the lag and infinite zone crashing started. The short term fix was to lower capacity, they have fixes planned for crashes in the patch. You fix the crashes, then server capacity gets raised again. Which probably will cause lag again, but hey that was a “minor” problem a few posts ago. Servers are going down, fixes are being tried. You at least get to wait and see what the results are before claiming they “did nothing”.

Or you can assume they are doing nothing and rolling in a pool of coins like Scrooge McDuck.
  12. Dazinth New Member

Everyone is using autoclickers.. Guess if you can't beat em', join em'.
  13. Tucoh Augur

14. Dragon Jockey Lorekeeper

The queue is already over an hour, and climbing.
  15. Trevalon Augur

I just got in it took 1 hour and 55 minutes, I started the queue at 10am CST....

Goodluck boys, the queue is ognna be 3+ hours in the next hour!
  16. Vudu New Member

I should have been more on point with my argument. If they are choosing between which problem to have, choosing to implement a queue seems like the wrong choice.

I think your gauge of player frustration at which problem is more prominent or impacting is pretty far off. Look at the forums and scroll back faaaar to release of the server. I would bet that we are seeing 5x the frustrated response for queue times as opposed to lag and zone crashing.

I'm willing to bet most people paying for this server prefer to get on and play, warts and all.

I would also be willing to bet that if they communicated that implementing the queue for another week would help them analyze and resolve the server issues more players would be less frustrated and more patient.

The way they have chosen to communicate the issue is essentially to tell us that the queue is a work around to the lag experienced, not a necessary tool to be implemented to isolate a root cause to resolve the issue.

In other words, priority= lag >>> majority of paying users playing unstable server.

I think players disagree with this priority
  17. Bullsnooze Augur

Dreamweaver and Jenny could give daily updates and this entitled community would still complain, threaten, and make a lot of unnecessary noise. In fact I'm beginning to think that a lot of them haven't even taken the time to read Jenny's response.

Let me add another thing, tomorrow's patch is *not* a guaranteed fix either... There's a chance it could introduce more stability problems. This is worse case, but everyone *has* to keep this in mind and fixes are a work-in-progress and not instantaneous.
  18. Niwanif New Member

I know for a fact all of the bootlickers don't work in technology. (If they do, it's because they're as bad as DPG is and their company is trash too.)
  19. Sikkun Augur

Or decrease because they raise capacity again because people are no longer crashing. But we will find out soon enough.
  20. Sikkun Augur

Trolling works better when you change it up some.

0/10 for using the term bootlicker in at least 5 post this morning alone.