Tell me straight

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by WelcomeBack, Jun 15, 2020.

1. WelcomeBack New Member

Not flaming, not trolling, serious post here:

Is Aradune going to get better with queues, etc.? I have parental and job responsibilities now, and pretty limited play time. I need to be able to log on and play for an hour or two. I don't want to play a different server because I'm not interested in playing current live content and I don't want to play on Rizlona with an army of bots. Is the company taking concrete action that will bring the queues down or do I need to unsub?

I would love to stick around and play with my friends that invited me back to the game after a 10 year break. But if this isn't going to work out long term I would like to know now before I invest any more time or money.

If they are not going to do anything to address current loads, queue times, load times, delayed chat, and other problems please just tell me. I am not mad and not complaining, I just want to know. I will go back to playing Steam games.
    Aylion likes this.
  2. Name2 Augur

Honest truth? Yes it will eventually get better. Maybe because Daybreak invests in infrastructure. Definitely when people stop playing. No time frame on either as of yet. As far as long term, there will probably be another one next year if the company's still afloat that will poach a substantial amount of the player base.
  3. Tweakfour17 Augur

100%
  4. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

Just play on regular live servers, you'd be much better off.
  5. Protagonist Tank

It was already getting better. Turning on bonus xp was a high-grade derp. But it'll return to getting better tomorrow, when that ends.
  6. Psalmz Elder

The suggestions to "play on other servers" still amount to trolling. People subscribed and purchased in-game items to play on a new Aradune ruleset server. Without actual fixes by DBG the queue will not get better when the exp bonus ends. It has become a game of "never logoff"; denying others entry to the game while trying to avoid the login queue.
    Failure to fix this may doom any future TLP when people give up on DBG ability to manage the game.
    Wesleypipes77 likes this.
  7. Tweakfour17 Augur

Some people have had success /petitioning and getting their purchased bags moved to other servers.
    So you wanted to play on Aradune, I get it, but the way things are now you really only have 3 options

1. Accept that you don't always get exactly what you want, when you want it, go play on another server and have fun, you subbed to play EQ, go play EQ. Come back to Aradune in a bit when it dies down if that's truly the only place you want to be long term.

2. Stubbornly insist you paid only for that server, no other server and sit in queues with everyone else for 4-6 hours a day, not playing EQ. Then when you get in, sink to the same level as all the other jerks and setup a way to dodge the afk timer or repeat the 4-6 hours queues daily until they go away.

3. Unsub.
  8. Mezrah Augur

I consider it to be the nuclear option of last resort, but if a person is frustrated enough that they do not care that issuing a charge-back will immediately result in the permanent banning of all accounts associated to them, then a charge-back is a perfectly valid and legal move. Of course if sufficient people all issue charge-backs then DBG, or its subsidiary will be under sustained financial pressure and may result in the delay or even cancellation of future TLPs. Which will be felt by the TLP addicts and Real Money Traders that both need a new influx of victims when a new TLP launches, without those new players on a new TLP server how will those addicts and RMT'ers pay for so many boxed accounts?
  9. Zanarnar Augur

I'll bite, say I came back because of DPG's email about the new servers and was interested in the one with limited boxing (2 per player) and GM support.

Which other server has those things, besides Aradune?

Really? Not even 1 other server? then how are ANY of them an acceptable substitute. (spoiler alert, they aren't. and when someone advertises something to you, and you pay for it, you expect to be able to make use of it. Currently a lot of people cannot due to the queues. DPG could open another server to solve this issue, offer free xfers between them and merge them once the population craters with next years TLP release.. but they've proven they can't merge servers and seem unwilling to fix this issue any other way)

Let me turn it around, lets say you've spent the last 15 years playing on FV. They decide tomorrow to reduce the hardware its on so only mmm 50% of the current player load can log in at once. Your totally ok with that right? you can just go play on the other servers.. same experience right? right?

Wait its not? then please for the love of Innoruuk, please stop saying that playing on other servers is in any way an acceptable alternative to Aradune. (sorry this isn't TOTALLY directed to you but the the apologists that keep parroting that line)
  10. Gio1999 Augur

The bolded statement makes no sense when you're purchasing something. I bet you thought that sounded smart, but it makes 0 sense.

Are you not a native speaker?
    Niwanif likes this.
  11. Tweakfour17 Augur

Sounds like some of you are choosing Option 2, and that's fine, you're free to do that. Tons of people want in, too many to get in at once so there is a queue. Not much else to say about that. See how it goes after the patch tomorrow I guess.
  12. Tweakfour17 Augur

So do you see a 4th option? Or is option 1 so stupid to you you'll just take option 2 and burn bright with righteous rage?
  13. Dyzalot Augur

I didn't choose any of your options.
  14. Tweakfour17 Augur

... Ok....so what are you doing then?
  15. Dyzalot Augur

I wait in the queue while doing other things and then I play however long I want. Then I log out. No hacks. No dodging the afk timer. I finished rewatching the last two seasons of The Wire while in queues.
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  16. Tweakfour17 Augur

Sounds kinda option 2b where you wait in daily queues for 4-6..but whatever works for you, I've seen a few people who say they multi task and go do their honey do list or whatever other real life commitments they have and when they hear the music for the loading screen they know it's time to play. Adapt, improvise, overcome. Or something lol
  17. Domniatric Augur

Advertising a TLP then failing to provide service while charging customers is even a bigger move. 5 hour que times is the equivalent of not providing what was promised and payed for. Asking for your money back in that transaction is NOT a move. It is a perfectly legitimate complaint.
  18. Accipiter Old Timer

19. Trevalon Augur

PS. I have heard some people got refunds on their bag purchases too. Honestly, I wouldn't charge back because Im not hard up for 30 bucks...but I wouldn't mind asking for a refund of the bags just to stick a little bit to DAY BRAKE
  20. Holyreptar New Member

Found the d*mbass. @OP just use an autoclicker till they fix the issue problem solved