Aradune Update 6/10/20

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Jun 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bucky New Member

You can play other servers as long as you have a back up laptop or gaming tower.You just need to stay active in q chat which is simple enough.
  2. bucky New Member

No your wrong 6 to 7 minute zone times causes character crash and lag so bad you can`t play a functional game.So i hope they fix server or just keep long q times to keep it playable.
  3. Vudu New Member

After queue was removed, from just my perspective of course, I experienced long zone times and chat delay. Nothing else affected gameplay to the point of even coming close to causing group wipes or any deaths. I wasn't worried as the group healer.

Again, zone times aren't that bad, and if you crash without a queue you can get right back in. I don't recall seeing it affect people's pulls or creating group wipes, but again this is only in my experience.

Selfishly, I'd rather 20 groups wipe over the course of each hour due to lag (not that bad) than hold hundreds of people out of the game.
  4. bucky New Member

I feel yea long q times need to be fixed and 2.5 weeks is extreme.They need to either allow 20,000 during peak times or delete live dead servers not merge them.Any live server that has poor playing support should be used for Aradune server.I`m not sure why server is capped at 5,000.
  5. zevel New Member

wow ... almost 2 hour queue times on monday before noon.
  6. Vudu New Member

Agreed. While we had the, what, one? week of no queues, this is pretty gnarly again.

People will feel like it's been 2.5 weeks and, without much communication or acknowledgement of the queue being a problem inof itself, this will cost the server lots of players.

We all want a populated, healthy TLP server. Lots of people to play with and stability. The problem is, in an MMO, we need to choose healthy population over stability sometimes. Low pops kill MMOs.

According to the original note from Dreamweaver sent down from above, the company or developers, whomever made the decision to bring the queue back, doesn't understand this and seems to be fine with a queue. Anyhow, just my 2c as a frustrated player who has significant time constraints.
  7. bucky New Member

Yes and by 3 p.m. p.s.t.. it will be 2 to 7 hours peak times
  8. Niwanif New Member

If you incompetent trash can't properly provide a service, give up the licensing to a company that can.

There are enough IT professionals in this community that can host this for "fun" with the amount of money you make hand-over-fist from krono, microtransactions, and subscriptions.

This game does not require monumental infrastructure, bandwidth, or computational resources. We could do this better than you, and we know it. ("We" being the IT professionals in the gaming community.)
  9. Aganon New Member

Yeh, I just joined back to the game after many years away and started a character on aradune with some friends last night. There wasn't a queue at midnight CST, so I got to actually play. I just subscribed for this, now, not a day later, all of my time to play is being spent sitting a queue I wasn't expecting. Maybe I should have researched more...but this isn't even peak time. It's mid day Monday...
    Niwanif likes this.
  10. Niwanif New Member

The fact it's been 5 days since your "update" and we have not heard a single word is disgusting enough, but the fact the problem has escalated to 5, 6, and 7-hour queues? Abhorrent.

You should give us all a free month at this point for your three weeks of unplayable trash service.
    Aganon likes this.
  11. DamastaShonuff Journeyman

2 hour queue at noon on a workday...
  12. Pelrond Elder

That's not true. I always go straight into chat after getting placed in the queue. I then do other stuff until I hear the loading music. Chat keeps you from timing out.
  13. Lolthe Journeyman

logging in, 173 minute Queue time right out of the gate. Raids aren't going to be happening any time soon lol, either that or people lose sleep to log in between midnight and 6am. Unemployment rates are gonna increase due to people getting fired for oversleeping their alarms HAHA
  14. bucky New Member

You might as well accept the facts if your on West Coast.East Coast and work jobs like most 9 a.m.to 5.p.m. your raids are not going happen facts.I already accepted this and will watch if anything changes if not i`ll just play other games and move since i to have no options.
  15. Krumples New Member

I understand some get frustrated about people being afk, casting the same spell over and over to keep in. Or comming to screen once in a while klicking a couple of random buttons just to keep online....
    But blaiming those people that you and i cant play and are in que forever is just not right.
    People wanna be able to stay or log into a game they are paying for.
    It is not their fault server is broken
    scaethach likes this.
  16. Name2 Augur

The people staying logged in make it worse. If people were to log out, other people in the queue would be able to get in while they aren't playing. Those people would log out by the time the first person was ready to play again. This requires mutual trust on both sides that simply isn't there. There would still be a queue, but it would be shorter and more manageable, as play times become more distributed.

What staying logged in does is cause the queue to continue to back up. More people trying to get into fewer spots. The average EQ player will mindlessly hammer away at the queue for hours and hours, not simply give up. This causes queue length to grow, which makes it much less attractive to log out. See how it exacerbates the problem?

If everyone logged out when they were done playing, it would be a better experience for everyone. That's not how EQ players think. They think of how to make it work for themselves.
  17. Dalzim New Member

Do two server restarts a day to kick people macroing themselves out of an afk kick. Or just spin off another server and allow free character transfers. This is ridiculous.
    Trey likes this.
  18. scaethach Scholar

I can't imagine trying to get raid forces when server restarts and it's a nearly instant queue. They NEED to do #2. And they need to credit any bonus exp as potions so folks who can't access now due to queues can still get the bonus.
    Jaeded likes this.
  19. Kaldaur Lorekeeper

Please tell us if there is going to be something addressing this in the patch on Wednesday. As it stands, the way you are treating your customers is appalling, but at least they'll have the knowledge that nothing is going to change before they cancel.
  20. Acidjunkie New Member

Server is basically unplayable at this stage, unless you are a no-lifer or using 3rd party afk tools.

Fix this hot mess - get your act together!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.