[Unmentioned 3rd Party Software]

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by magman, Jun 12, 2020.

1. IblisTheMage Augur

Some of the QoL features of the m-tool looks attractive. Auto NET would be great for enchanters...

Others would turn box toons into super-mercs. I can see the allure, but would also consider burnout a risk; playing one toon, with 5 “mercs”, could get old a bit fast...

Other features again is a just aa big no, like showing mobs on map, and “teleporting” on the map...

There is potential for a youtube video when my new rig parts arrive...
  2. IblisTheMage Augur

So I got interrested in the software, and started viewing videos.

The last 5 minutes of the video linked below seems to contradict your position.

Man, that was painful to watch. Poor guy. Sniff.

3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I don't think you can say no one has ever been banned for using either. And yes I know ISB seems to be much more excepted. I use isb though not as fully as I should but I still tell folks that they should research it, look at forum threads etc then make their own decision. I know at least one person suspended a few years ago for ISB use. Was that an outlier? Probably. From what I understand the other program has a lot of features and some of them will indeed get you banned. I think it would be more accurate to say that there are a lot of things you can do with the other software that will not be likely to get you banned at all but some things will get you banned. Seeing as daybreak has been clearly giving different definitions of what sort of gameplay/software is usable on certain severs over other servers we know at least some usage seems to be fine with them.

Re:Camps.
    Now you may be speaking from the perspective of out dpsing those trying to take your camp or your named but I think I can reasonably state that most folks don't want that sort of competition.

When one person is taking the time to get a named to spawn and the other is just running in to take advantage of that it isn't refreshing its called being a jerk. If you are the one working a camp and someone else shows up and starts trying to work it that is also being a jerk. Whether daybreak enforces camps or not when folks don't respect a camp they are being a jerk. With the only exception I can see being someone holding and running a camp 24/7 for weeks at a time. Then they are being the jerk.
    Coagagin likes this.
  4. Tucoh Augur

Thanks. I stand corrected. Truthfully I didn't know that program could be used for warping.
  5. Tucoh Augur

It's not in my character to try and KS people or move in on their turf, but competition is inevitable in any kind of scarce resource and many people on live jump from cordial co-existence to venomous hatred so quickly I wonder if they are mentally stable. Like, dude, I'm not here to steal this random mob you're camping in an expansion that's been live for two years, you can ratchet down the yelling.
  6. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

It looks like that guy was using the Map Hack in the video. All the blue dots on his map are the NPC's up in the zone at the time, which is definitely cheating. That's one of the ways the cheaters know you spawned a named clear across zone and race over to take it. If you watch the map closely you can even see them roaming which is the dead giveaway. That alone is probably why he got banned.

The only program I would say is allowed is I S B, the others I would use at your own risk. And as others have pointed out, you can get suspended/banned for using keyboard macro's while AFK. So, using a macro with I S B, while not at the keys, will still get you banned.
    lockjaws likes this.
  7. IblisTheMage Augur

Good observation. I only watched the part where he realized what happened. If he cheated, he got the consequence. Still, he is a person, and I empathised with him. I immediately lost any and all interrest in the software, I must say. I can see QoL-applications for the software, but it is too powerful for cheaters...

ISB is fun to box with, will stick to that.
    Jumbur likes this.
  8. Tappin Augur

People have been banned for using nothing else but ISB on live servers. If you get caught using a 3rd party program for anything else but a box assist, you are going to get the ban hammer.
  9. IblisTheMage Augur

I know people who have talked to DPG and got confirmation that ISB was safe to use. I have not heard of cases in recent times where ISB users got banned on Live.

ISB is heavily discussed and implicitly promoted on the boards.

I would doubt a claim that ISB got someone banned. I would not doubt that a troll would claim it, there has been quite a few trolls on the boards over the years.

If I get banned for using ISB, I would save quite a bit of money :). 2-6 gold accounts are a bit expensive, and there are a LOT of boxers.

If DBG could control the “bad one”, there would be quite a bit of business in that segment too, I am sure.
  10. Tappin Augur

There’s a few threads on another forum and one that about 2 years on this forum. The claims are only as good as what the person says, but the same is true for other programs.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  11. Zamiam Augur

ISB is very popular IF someone got banned i doubt very much that it was due to them using the software . More than likely it was from them either abusing said software or them afk killing or something while using ISB in which case they were prolly banned from the afk killing not ISB itself ..

I use ISB myself, however I dont stand in the middle of a camp and have my mercs kill mobs on repeat while i sleep .. I am always at my keyboard pushing buttons/macros ..

If said person was banned and if he was using ISB i can guarantee he was doing something he should not have been doing and he new it ..

People are not banned from using ISB for what it was meant to be used for ..
  12. Tappin Augur

The same can be said about using any xyz box program. My point was that using a 3rd party box program contains some risk and shouldn’t be promoted as anything else but that.
  13. Schadenfreude Augur

Both have features that could easily have been added to the game years ago had EQ been allowed to keep the revenue it has earned over the years and not used to prop up assorted failures. Oh well.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  14. Zamiam Augur

I agree any boxing software can be used to cheat ..

It all comes down to common sense .. and if you do something wrong ie warping , auto botting while your sleeping or not at the keyboard you know or at least you should know that, that is wrong ..

Most boxers I would think know what is right or wrong from what the devs have stated. unattended game play of any kind so if your afk foraging and not at the keyboard and a guide or a dev monitor you and send you a tell or /say and you do not respond then that is unattended even if it was just for a min while you went and took a bio ..

EQ has been around for 21 years and said boxing software has been around for at least 12 of those years from what im aware of they may have even been avail sense 99 I'm not sure . I didnt start using winEQ 2 and now ISB till 05 or 06 , but my point is that there have been dozens if not hundreds of threads posted on this topic and anyone who can read should know what right from wrong is in the context of boxing and what disciplinary actions have been taken in the past from the devs ..

yes it is a choice that everyone who boxes makes , but if your aware of whats right and wrong and you know the difference there shouldnt be any consequences from using ISB .. IF i was to be at my keyboard and i was fighting a mob or 2 and I had to go take a bio rq and left my toons fighting while i went afk and if i came back and found my toons disconnected and suspended or banned that would be my fault and I wouldn't be upset about it if anything I would be pissed at myself ..

Even people who do not use any 3rd party software if they just Alt-tab it and they go afk while doing anything take the chance of getting the ban hammer ..

So yes I agree with Tappin that people who decide to use said 3rd party software need to be fully aware and to make sure you read the forums on the subject and know what is right to do and what is wrong and definitely know the meaning of " Unattended game play" , However many of us that use ISB use it as it was intended to be used .. not as a cheat but as a tool to help assist with boxing multiple toons.

just my 2cp
  15. Xyphen Maximum Augur

I reported a guy today for warping in GD. It was insane -- he parked his group 1/2 mile behind the Velk's zone in, off the map entirely, and warped mobs to him. He even admitted to it, I honestly hope he gets banned.

-

In my opinion, there are 3 levels of "cheating":

IS Bxr: Not real cheating, but a substantial advantage over anyone else tab-boxing (I know, I've used it). It makes group content more accessible for people without guilds. You should not be banned for using it.
    Macaroni: Cheating, but usually doesn't do many hacky things. Mostly automates commands and shows you stuff other people can't see. You should be suspended for this if you're AFK.
    Warping: Hacking. Allows you to park your group off the terrain entirely and "CoH" mobs to you, or go anywhere instantly. It's so bad even the community will ban you for using it. You should be banned for this no matter what.

Great Divide is a lawless land of and no one really cares.
  16. JeffHanson Augur

The most common thing that I see is a level between (2) and (3): using macaroni to fully automate groups and leave them running for weeks or even months. This is rampant: it's easy to find groups doing this in EoK Frontier Mountains, RoS Overthere, and lots of other zones (including ToV). It absolutely should be bannable, but people have been doing this with impunity for years.

There seems to be a feature that allows these groups to pull by taunting mobs from across the zone. That's probably related to warping.
  17. Razorfall Augur

And yet this guy is back at it on Rizlona. He's not even doing anything actively, it's all running on it's own

18. Onwards Apprentice

Fool me once...
  19. Evurkvest Augur

I wonder if its the same guy on AB that been running a grp of mostly melees in that same spot in Esianti for months.
  20. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Am I the only one who thinks that having a regular youtuber openly cheat in EQ, is seriously bad advertising? :confused:

Once a game is known to accept cheating, it turns potential new players away...:(
    Coagagin likes this.