Limit People to 8 hours Per Day

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Zipper, Jun 15, 2020.

1. Runes Augur

That would be fine as long as they refunded back 2/3rd of a day back to my sub time. I paid for full day access and not some cut rate limited playtime.
  2. ForumBoss Augur

Even with an 8 hour restriction, I bet there would still be a substantial queue during primetime, and there would still be rage posts on the forum. The people that are avoiding queues are probably the ones with no jobs, who can log in at the very early hours when there is little
    to no queue , and play all day to avoid being booted.
  3. Malachi Augur

Some of you might be interested in some of the other tlp's. Or even the live servers. The recent launch of this server is a HUMONGOUS screw up, but your grievances with the more time invested guilds and individuals are always a main stay of classic era. Atleast most of the other tlp's offer a more spread out population with no queue.

I sympathize if this is your first taste of a time locked progression server hosted by DBG. Its truly an eye opening experience your first time. And the queue just exacerbates the usual issues many returning players have.

Rest assured, major policy implications such as auto kicking paying customers who are NOT in any violation of EULA is not a good business model for this game developer at this time. I know its hard to swallow, but they rather lose your sub and MANY MANY others before that happens. You don't have to believe me. But if you are masochist enough to stay with them for long enough, you will see what I'm saying.
  4. Zipper New Member

Because the rest of us pay to play EQ not EQueue
  5. nagash101 Augur

Lol. Its limited to way less then that now for most people
  6. Trizek Augur

There is no que at Midnight PST.
  7. Zipper New Member

Just do this one one server not all of them. You already pay to play what's available, so you wouldn't be out anything.
  8. Triconix Augur

Welll, I was pretty close. My "78 minute" official queue time (I rounded up to 90 for easiness sake) ended up being 135 minutes (2 hours and 15 minutes). So it's only off by about an hour in the middle of a Monday EST. Some people are waiting on 5 hour queues, yet meanwhile there are people out there with autoclickers keeping their chars logged in all day when they're not actually playing.
  9. KimchiGoddess Augur

Until people get up in the morning, queue up (or get in right away) use remote software as needed and sit in the game all day until they get home from work.

I agree something needs to be done but I feel a daily reset in the middle of the night is just going to open it up for those that can log in around that time and not fix it for the rest of the day.
  10. jmsgalla Journeyman

Something to boot the autoclickers would be nice. There's a guy "yeett" sitting in front of a door just opening and closing the door not stop at the same intervals. Sat and watched it and tried to message with no response.
  11. Apple New Member

You will just end up with krono farmers making multiple accounts and using VPN's to switch accounts to play on after 8 hours. And taking krono out will just give you plat farmers. It is an idea that has been given before, and not without merit but it wont help.

I did not see this que issue on any other server except archeage that lasted this long. And that game was a complete crapshow.

Do the eq servers have technical issues that preventing a reasonable amount of people from playing the game at the same time is the question really. The que tells you 1 hour and 20 minutes to log in, 6 hours later you log in and your night is over. We really just need a dev to explain to us what is happening. that would probably stop some... of the arguing on the forums =)
  12. KimchiGoddess Augur

Did you petition it? Even without video evidence if he's always there and they can go see that he'll likely get booted. There were a lot of botters with broken scripts in Erudin trying to run the mail quest but spamming "Erud's Crossing" over and over again at the soulbinder. Many of them were knocked off after /report playername and a petition mentioning the report and including a screenshot of their spam and the location.
  13. Bluetangclan New Member

Simply autokicking people in the character select screen for more than 20 minutes would solve much of the problem. That much time and its obvious they are AFK and not contributing to the game.
  14. Domniatric Augur

I don't think you need to limit ppl to 8 hours a day but you do need to force people to relog after some period of being logged in consecutively. Maybe more than 8 hours. 12? Some of us are junkies on the weekends...
  15. Nordgaren Elder

16. Nordgaren Elder

Just limit people to 8 hours of queue time per day. That'll fix it!
  17. Jrome New Member

They need to add another clone server and just merge them when one server can handle the population with no queues. No one should have play time limited and no on should have to wait in a queue for more than 20 minutes if they pay a sub.

18. Jrome New Member

Some people still work.

19. KimchiGoddess Augur

And some people even work during the hours that there is "no queue", though they'll still tell you to log on between those hours. Cue eyes rolling out of my head ....
  20. Tweakfour17 Augur

Sure you can, go make a toon on Coirnav or Phinny, bet the mob is up. All it took was patience. You can't just sit in the zone and wait your turn and get it in a few hours, but look at it in time scales, re-pop on Efreeti is what? 18 minutes? So in 3 months if they are killed at spawn (which the enc epic mobs usually are) you're looking at 7200 ph for Efreeti. Now Efreeti is the named, so let's say he's 1/5 chance therefore in classic there is 1440 Efreetis killed in the base pick during classic. Now expand that over the ~5 days Verina respawns at it would take over 19 years to kill her 1440 times.