Limit People to 8 hours Per Day

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Zipper, Jun 15, 2020.

1. Zipper New Member

This would let people play on Aradune and defeat the auto clickers who stay perma logged in.

This would also eliminate the need for a queue.

This would also free up permasocked camps for the average joe.
    Vlahkmaak and Jrome like this.
  2. kit74 Lorekeeper

They just need to reset the server daily
    DroptheBeats, Vlahkmaak and haaaalp like this.
  3. Lazybones New Member

I only get a couple hours a day, but even I think this is just a stupid idea. Why should we limit those that can play for that much time and pay just like the rest of us?
    Nordgaren and Nolrog like this.
  4. Alakshak Journeyman

Queue Derangement Syndrome or QDS for short.
    Mercanyin, Vlahkmaak and Malachi like this.
  5. Febb Augur

Agreed, wipe it clean, all gear and levels. Lets call it a hardcore server. Be the first to make it to 50 in 24 hours!
  6. Kiaro Augur

No it wouldn't since folks have remote desktop software they can just use to reload the game, instead of a 5 hour queue at 5PM you'd have a 5hour queue every hour of the day.

No.

What permasocked camps are you talking about????
    I've taking my wandering band of misfits to every camp in classic and we've generally been able to claim a value camp within a little while. Just because you don't know how to be patient, and probably are one of those that run around with your group Looking for that perfect optimal camp with a little extra free so you can really push XP. Rather than understanding that settling down on someones doorstep while smashing light blues and waiting for them to leave will level you faster, and get you a desired camp eventually. Hell I did Royals in SolB at 44 (lightblue/green) just so I could be in a good spot to truck into Efreeti when it opened, and it did. Part of the fun of classic. (but I get it, you'd rather just have them put all the valueable loot on a vendor, so you don't have to feel bad for spending kronos on it)
  7. Ishbu Augur

Every single possible camp in classic you have personally been to, camped, and killed? Thats a blatant lie.
    Adnachiel likes this.
  8. Tucoh Augur

I still think it'd be interesting to release 3 or 4 TLP servers at the same time with sequential time slots they were open. Ex: 4PM to midnight, midnight to 8 AM and 8AM to 4PM PST. I don't know if I'd ever want to play on that server, but it'd be interesting.
  9. Trizek Augur

All they need to do to truly get rid of the AFKers is bringing the server down once at Midnight PST for a simple restart.

*most* PST raids end at or around Midnight, and 3 EST no one on the East Coast is raiding, unless they're in a PST Guild.
  10. Kiaro Augur

Letsee I leveled in UR (MR) that was horrible so I ended up doing SolA Pred - Bar - King to 30.
    Went to SolB started at Pool, mvoe to Royals+Noble, BnB, had Efreeti more than once.
    I've poked my head down to Guk and did HAMLORD (even though I detest LGUK), I have no interest in /Sup as I'm a Darkelf, although I did catch it open twice when I was moving down below.

This concept that camps are "super poopsocked" is a fabrication, yes they're frequently taken, but I haven't seen anything besides normal groups sitting there. Nothing like Mangler with the BEEPBOOP Bot mages chilling in Efreeti 24/7
  11. Malachi Augur

You do understand why the rest of his post gives this context right? Quoted alone of course this can be taken literal. But if you quoted his whole post you would have the context in which a "value" camp is specified and therefore implied.

This is kind of how people get misinformed about basic information in our culture.
  12. Triconix Augur

Force all log offs at 12 AM PST each day could potentially help resolve the issue. It's 1:45 EST on a Monday and there is already a 90 minute queue (which for some reason I'm going to guess will be closer to 120).
  13. Stune Augur

NO, some of us actually play.
  14. Ishbu Augur

If its not literal then there are camps out there the poster doesnt know what its like at all and therefore is blatantly lieing.

Im sorry, the enchanter epic immediately off the top of my head has a permacamped mob you cannot just be patient with. Quit defending someone trying to put down another players point with lies and false information just because it didnt affect them.

This is how you continue to cover up systematic issues. Now think big picture, see if you can put this together or if its above you
  15. Malachi Augur

Wait, the enchanter epic is your example? A few weeks in Aradune and the enchanter EPIC is your example? Anything else off the top of your head you can share? This is super fascinating.

You misquote someone when you could have easily just included his whole post but chose to cherry pick a certain line to focus on. And when someone calls you out on this you think its putting down your point? If your point can't withstand including someone's whole post in its entire context, your point is garbage and it puts itself down.

If you can't convey a simple premise without stumbling on something as simple as quoting someone's post, how do you ever expect anyone to see your big picture?
  16. Ishbu Augur

Advance to at least a high school level of though.

It was one quick example. Its proof you dont even have to spend 5 seconds to see how obviously false that previous statement of doing all camps in classic already is.

But of course the ignoramus would have tunnel vision and fail to grasp the bigger picture.. Not surprising.

Now they will continue to reply in a fit of embarrassment
  17. Malachi Augur

Does this mean you won't give me another example of an out of era item on a new server for a single person of a specified class?

How long can you keep this charade up I wonder. Your original argument lacked any real substance after the quote you tried to cherry pick was contextualized. Your follow up was a camp in which the reward is literally impossible to reap in the current young stage of the server. A camp that is hardly valued to anyone but a hyper specific few preparing for more than 2 months away.

I wish you said the cleric epic. That would've ATLEAST been more thought provoking discussion. Even if tainted with hysterical lunacy.

Please respond with more ad hominem. It will surely strengthen your arugment.

"It was one quick example. Its proof you dont even have to spend 5 seconds to see how obviously false that previous statement of doing all camps in classic already is."

Wait I just reread your post. You may not even be trying to misquote. You just don't understand his post at all. If this is the case I apologize. I thought you actually understood what his implications were when he was explaining how he traveled to many value camps on this server and was able to achieve his goals with patience and grinding near them. I would implore you to reread the post you butchered earlier sir. It will help in this discussion.
  18. Vlahkmaak Augur

Lets pretend it is Disney: 4 hour wait for 2 hours of play time and then auto kick. Auto kick anyone logged in for more than 8 hours character screen included.
  19. Zipper New Member

I don't want to get on at the exact same time as everyone else. Give me my 8 hours to play per day and I'll log in when it works for me. It would churn things up a bit. Hell you could even call it the "casual competitive server" where you can play semi-casually and still be on equal footing with everyone else. The best part is there'd be no queue. The added benefit would be that poopsock guilds would waste their time on raid targets and group content would be available to groups without grief.
  20. Vlahkmaak Augur

Don't do this - many times I cannot get on until right about that time and that would just auto kick me back to the que. I think it would be better to have duration played/logged in timers if they are unable to get the world operating properly.