Aradune - why is spamming nukes disconnecting me?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Bronk, May 28, 2020.

1. ForumBoss Augur

Take some depressants so you play less efficiently and chill out. Or reroll on rizlona because truebox gets more annoying as you get more abilities. But that said, boxing 2 in classic isnt a big deal if you just slow down.

The kick will actually drop you from combat nearly instantly, and you will usually survive. But its annoying as hell, and usually happens in stressful named fights.
  2. Nolrog Augur

I had this problem learning languages on Phini. If I would spam with multiple computers at the same time, the game would think I was on one computer and disconnect me.
  3. Tucoh Augur

Yeah I can't imagine true-boxing deep into EQ. In live the game stacks so many different abilities every expansion that while boxing I basically just idly hit three different keys that cast spells and cycle about 10-20 different abilities depending on the class. It's the worst with beserkers and other non-spell casting characters, you can see how many abilities they have on the three berserker boxes here, where there are a handful of abilities with ~12s refresh times.

4. sihpa Augur

Is this is purely a boxing phenomena? I'm only running a single toon but have noticed weird lag that I don't recall experiencing years ago when trying to spam an ability like bash or whatever.
  5. Accipiter Old Timer

I'm still at it on Phinny. We're in The Darkened Sea currently.
  6. Hinastorm86 Augur

The fact that dealing with truebox and multi hour queues is somehow more appealing than playing on Riz continues to be wholesale baffling to me.
  7. cam0l New Member

TrueBox code sucks. 3 people playing from the same household just triggered it for us.
  8. Kutsuu Augur

I'd be willing to bet it's because they're using Wineq2 or [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] or using a shortcut to eqgame.exe to launch the game. Truebox code is insanely touchy when the game thinks you have 0 days played. I was getting trueboxed for different button presses a second apart when I was launching the game client with wineq2 on both boxes.
  9. Accipiter Old Timer

No 3rd party apps at all. Did you read where I said I made a video with evidence and sent the link to DBG? I wanted them to fix it. I still do. The video was recorded in the Luclin era with probably over 100 days played. You people who assume the worst...
  10. Kutsuu Augur

The worst? Lol. I use all those 3rd party applications. They make the game run much smoother or make it easier to box, nothing "worst" about it. It's simply that launching eqgame.exe directly causes the *exact* same symptoms that you're complaining about so I figured it was worth mentioning. Myself and friends used it for years without problems before they adjusted the spam filter and truebox code in a way that screws us over.
  11. Ishbu Augur

Kind of off topic but this is why these TLP servers will just never have high populations into newer expansions. Nobody who came back to eq for a nostalgia trip wants anything to do with 40 hot bars, which the game eventually necessitates
  12. Accipiter Old Timer

Ain't that the truth. I'm trying to decide whether I am going to do The Broken Mirror on Phinny or take a long break.
  13. Accipiter Old Timer

OK, but you can forgive me for misunderstanding your intent. Reread your post. It reads as, "You were probably cheating so you got busted by TrueBox." I understand now you weren't saying that. FWIW, I only use the launcher to run EQ. /shrug
  14. Kutsuu Augur

Uhh I guess if I thought that all 3rd party programs were cheats and I was sensitive about being accused of using them, I could come to that conclusion. That said, I've talked to at least a dozen people who didn't know about the launcher issue and saved them a ton of trouble with getting spam blocked and trueboxed - therefore I figured there was a good chance it would help you out. So yeah, I'm not attacking your virtue or whatever.
  15. Tucoh Augur

This is definitely true. Someone might take a break from TLP in PoP and come back in VoA a couple years later and the game will be so different that they'd rather just start in classic.

But I think someone who consistently played during the progression would probably just ease into that boiling feature creep pot so gradually that they didn't notice they're drowning in blindly spamming abilities.

What's funny is that when you talk to live players about which abilities should be consolidated, high level players will often be resistant to most consolidations. Berserkers are probably the lowest hanging fruit since 70% of their abilities could be summarized as "hurt the mob" and the player largely ignores the details.