Monk Augs

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Heajol, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Heajol Augur

So I generally aim for high Hdex augs as much as possible, but I'm a returning player and still have some questionable augs. I'm wondering how much other stats like AC / HP should play a role. For example I have a Conflagrant Gem of Vigor equipped in my shoulder slot. It's 45 AC / 495 HP but doesn't have any Hdex on it. I also have an Essence of Fright equipped in another slot. It has 170 HP / 7 Hdex but no AC. And I have a Facet of the Siren, which I'm trying to determine whether it is better or worse than the Essence of Fright. The Facet of Siren has 22 AC / 80 HP, but only 5 Hdex + 2 Hagi.

Are these obvious questions to experienced players?

Back in the day AC did matter somewhat because monks would always be pulling and occasionally get hit. Nowadays it seems like pulling is more rare .. especially when grouped with SKs! There may be times I need to take a hit, moloing or whatever, but usually I'm in a group of some kind. I'm not a raider.
  2. Szilent Augur

imo, just make 100% upgrades. If you're not sure, then for now just don't make any change that's a tradeoff :) Worry about details of what's better than what once you're much closer to the best there is. For now, delete & put in new augs only when you look at it and go "yep that's plain better I'm dumb for not using it."

The list linked HERE from eqresource is all hDex augs, but it's also all AC augs with high hp :) 100% upgrade material:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...t-for-monk-augmentations.266275/#post-3911869

it's all the best things, but there will be intermediate moves along your way that are similarly Just Plain Better than what you have equipped. Go with those.
    Riou likes this.
  3. Heajol Augur

Thanks Szilent.

I don't think I asked my question very well. I should have been more specific.

My question is How do I determine which of my current augs to replace? All three of the augs I mentioned I already have equipped.

I need to replace my oldest augs but I don't get like 10 upgrades all at once .. so which ones do I replace first? How do I determine which are my weakest augs?
  4. Heajol Augur

I just took a look at your list. Thank you for putting it together. The two upgrades I got last night are both on that list. However, I'm struggling with knowing which of my current augs to replace. See first post.
  5. Szilent Augur

got two? nice! replace both

if you're choosing arbitrarily, just push em out based on recommended level.
  6. Heajol Augur

Thanks! I had three Recommended 85s so that didn't really help, but I figured it out .. for now.