Apology without change is deception

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Raurk Zorander, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Creedmonk Augur

yeah
  2. Creedmonk Augur

Woah man, take it easy... No need to drop the L word in here we're trying to have a simply analogy battle and you're in here dropping L words.
  3. topple good idea generator

I don’t think people really care about signing a document saying that certain things might not always be available.

Since we are on a lobster based analogy…

DPG let us all know a brand new delicious lobster was about to be on the menu…

DPG had no issue selling a ton of players new packages of utensils, potions, and to-go baggies for use with the upcoming lobster…

DPG sees a large line outside the restaurant with a throng of hungry customers already wearing their little lobster bibs and fork in hand…

Despite all this, they let everyone in the restaurant and proceed to sit everyone down – all tables are full… Suprise suprise! Everyone orders lobster!

Now some intern actually running the place comes out with only 9 lobster tails and proceeds to break them into pieces and chuck them out into the crowd…

People are upset, so DPG says how sorry they are about all this and as a concession, they will dip the next 7 lobster tail chunks in butter before throwing them to the masses…

I’m sure it’s just this one widdle server release guys. I’m 10000% sure the next server release will be so much better. This totally won’t happen every time.
    Creedmonk likes this.
  4. Sikkun Augur

Only thing this launch has taught us is people suck at analogies.
  5. Febb Augur

So many horrible analogies people keep using comparing apples to oranges.
  6. Creedmonk Augur

[IMG]
  7. Dyzalot Augur

Was going to like your post but EQ isn't "imitation anything". Its more like original tuna or something. It was one of the first but it isn't anything special at this point.
  8. Hadesborne Augur

Ok karen bye now
  9. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

That’s true. They don’t. But they made an agreement with their monetary transaction. Unfortunately for them, that’s the only portion of the entire wall of text you just wrote that matters. Soooo.....have fun Karening on ForumQuest I guess?
  10. That0neguy Augur

No, you paid for access to an all you can eat buffet and are upset there is a line of people for the prime rib.
    Skuz and Creedmonk like this.
  11. Ishbu Augur

Im sorry but if you think this analogy is anything less than completely idiotic, then there needs to be some measures taken because you simply cant be allowed to even try and make analogies if you are this bad at it
  12. Kiaro Augur

I think that analogy was absolutely crystalline perfect. Its literally the situation described - you paid for access to something (all of Daybreak Games premium features/All you can eat Buffet) But are complaining because the choices part of this service is not available all the time/ when you want it (Aradune server/Prime Rib; which is amazing at buffets) So you have to wait, with the other 500 retired people in line, while they cook up more to serve.

If you didn't understand it, perhaps you should take a reading comprehension course.

However our issue with Aradune server, is the fact that, instead of getting their plate full of prime rib and moving on, you have a dude who is standing there with a full plate, and handing it off to his friends, or just not budging so others can get their scoop of pseudo meat slices.
    Skuz likes this.
  13. Arugan Lorekeeper

I get a chuckle out of people who keep making this argument. Imagine going through life with such a profound lack of common sense.

More like I went to a buffet that advertised extensive vegan options, but when I got there, all they were serving was cheeseburgers. And they charged me full price anyway even though I didn't eat anything.
    Creedmonk likes this.
  14. Ishbu Augur

It is not. If you want it to be closer but still miles away from this situation, you need to include extremely key points of the buffet says it is open 24 hours a day but actually prohibits access for several hours every day at the same time.

Additionally, people arent just waiting in line for the prime rib you tool, the buffet ran out of prime rib, and before they get more you have to wait for the people who got some to finish, digest it, pass it out, and let the buffet recycle it so there is more available because they arent actually acquiring new prime rib for the rest of the line.

Now that we have added these 2 factors, you want to the food I out?
    Creedmonk likes this.
  15. That0neguy Augur

Imagine the amount of people who don't know the difference between paying for a subscription and buying a product.

I feel for you. This sucks. But quit with the stupid analogies that are not even anywhere close to what you are actually buying.
    Skuz likes this.
  16. That0neguy Augur

Except the Buffet is open 24/7. The food you want may not be available, or they ran out, or whatever you want to say. No matter how you slice it you have access to what you are paying for. That doesn't change the fact that the situation sucks and you cant use what you wanted to. But that is much different than not getting what you are paying for.
    Skuz likes this.
  17. Ishbu Augur

The buffet is not open. People have jobs and have a window to play and EVERY SINGLE DAY they are prohibited entrance to even get in line for the prime rib, but still had to pay.

The world is bigger than you and your specific experience. Time to learn that
  18. Ishbu Augur

PS - Thats not me, I have gotten into the buffet, and then was able to get in line and eventually get some of this prime rib. I just can see how everyone isnt as fortunate as me and am not so selfish as to think screw everyone but me
  19. That0neguy Augur

I think you are missing the point here. The buffet = DBG services, AKA all EQ1, EQ2, DCUO, and Planetside 2 servers. Prime Rib = Aradune.
    So you 100% can get into said buffet.

Maybe you should take your own advice and realize the All Access you pay for is bigger than just Aradune.
    Skuz likes this.
  20. Arugan Lorekeeper

You seem really convinced of the fact that “subscription” means a company has limitless discretion to not render portions of their service—features which are advertised as benefit of the subscription. By this logic, DPG could stop running EQ servers altogether and just start sending everyone Cat Facts via text message, and that’s ok?

Ironic that you called my analogy the stupid one when yours is riddled with false equivalence. Just because you can repeat the word “subscription” over and over again doesn’t mean you have the slightest clue what you are talking about.
    Creedmonk likes this.