@Dreamweaver on Rizlona Rulesets

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Tullian, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Lionari Elder

OP is another loser who couldn't setup his macros properly.

It's significantly harder to manage a group of 6 toons with third-party programs helping than it is to manage two boxes manually. I've done both at one point or another, and this is an absolute fact.

A more interesting topic of discussion would be the difference in IQ between the average manual duo-boxer and the average third-party assisted six-boxer++.
  2. Thewiz Augur

Boom!
  3. Sikkun Augur

Automation is not allowed on any server. Why are you shocked Riz is just like the rest?
    Machen and jeskola like this.
  4. Tullian Journeyman

@dreamweaver
  5. KimchiGoddess Augur

I don't think posting @dreamweaver actually notifies dreamweaver of the post.
    Laronk and jeskola like this.
  6. jeskola pheerie

I was going to point this out as well. This post should be more about the lack of the promised "Dedicated GM" service on Rizlona to combat this.
  7. Laronk Augur

Could you imagine if that actually notified them, it'd get so overused that they'd have to turn off their notifications

@jchan
    @dreamweaver
    #Tullianusedhacksinthepastandthinkshe'sbetterthanothersbecauseheplaysdifferently
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  8. Tweakfour17 Augur

Pretty sure thats what happened in discord lol
  9. Cydonia Elder

Because proving someone is bottling rather than boxing is not easy
  10. Alakshak Journeyman

Not to put our favorite community spokesperson on blast but..

In the official Everquest 1 Discord he clearly said -"For Rizlona we are talking about AFK playing being against the rules, and things that are unintended gameplay like warping"

As well as the following - "If there is a part that allows you to box. That is fine. Or assists with boxing."

This was all screenshot and documented multiple places along with other direct quotes about Aradune and Rizlona. Now, things change and I don't think anyone using 3rd party software is unaware of the fact DPG can say one thing and do another. But that said Rizlona and Aradune's rulesets are more than just different on paper. It's more or less be implied that all but warping, hacking, and AFK automation is good to go.

Perhaps OP is genuinely not informed on such things. I don't fault them. But they, DPGs, also can't come out and say "Macaroni's on the menu boiz".
    Skuz likes this.
  11. Darchon_Xegony Augur

I think the better thing to ask is, if these programs are permissible and some people feel like they can use them and some people feel like they are cheaters, Darkpaw should look at the aspects of these programs players rely upon the most and implement them as features in the game.

As an example one of the tell-tale signs of a QuestingMacroer is a tightly following box crew. It is extremely easy to tell the difference between someone using /follow and someone using /stick for their box crew. Also it is extremely easy to see which melee characters are stuck to a moving NPC and which ones are manually following a moving target.

This is one area to start, implement this function into the base of the game, allowing players to follow NPCs with a command and improving/revamping /follow to work similarly.

If you run across a feature from these programs that you feel isn't something you want to provide to all players, you probably should be banning people who use that program though.
  12. Accipiter Old Timer

It was planned this way. They didn't change the rules after the fact. Use of third party programs is allowed, if not explicitly stated as legal, on live servers. Rizlona is a server that gives boxers those same options on a TLP. Surely you know that.
    Skuz likes this.
  13. Sikkun Augur

I mean, Holly did say it on her panel chat. Don’t think anyone is actually surprised here.
    Skuz likes this.
  14. Alakshak Journeyman

OP is surprised.
    Skuz likes this.
  15. taliefer Augur

I dont even think its putting dreamweaver "on blast." its been pretty obvious for a while the main thing DBG/DPG is worried about is afk gameplay. his statements pretty much mean "dont use macoroni while afk or to super mario bros your way around the map and yer gtg." I dont really know how much more clear they could be.

the funny thing is, I've seen far less warping and far taunting and other shenanigans on Rizlona than I did on Mangler.
    Skuz and Machen like this.
  16. SoandsoForumUser Augur

OP also keeps posting @dreamweaver on a forum. I suspect a lot of things surprise them.
    Skuz and KimchiGoddess like this.
  17. Alakshak Journeyman

Agreed. On the trip 1-50 now almost twice I've only seen it once. Mangler was far far worse in the same kind of time frame.
  18. jeydiejones New Member

so i was in frenzy and a botter was at ghoul lord,i was skilling up my tracking on my druid i then see rip ,so i made my way with my monk to the camp and the ghoul lord was up,we went back to killing at frenzy and 1 hour later they were still dead so we took the camp 2 hours later we got some guildies to take over the camp while we went to soulb.
    one of the guildies that took over the camp sent me a tell probably 3 hours after we left the camp and said some guy showed up, rezzed his crew and then claimed it was his camp,so a few of us sent the botter a tell that if he tried to take the camp we would form a raid and make shore to out dps him on every instance he went to so our guildies kept the camp,the moral of the story dont let any one bullie you in game just get the guild involved.
    Skuz, KimchiGoddess and Thewiz like this.
  19. Gremin Augur

Unattended is the key word in all this mess.
    Skuz likes this.
  20. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

They only care about the latter.
    And if we're being frank about it they don't even really care about that
    Enjoying your AFK Macaroni RMT shitfest server yet?