Why is a GM not suspending people who have been in game for 48+ hours?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Trevalon, Jun 15, 2020.

1. Trevalon Augur

GM's can see how long a character has been in game. Why is a GM not going to the tunnel and checking anyone whose been online for 24, 48, even 72 hours and suspending these people?

Why is this not being done????

I was talking to a friend this morning and he told me that everyone in his guild is using Auto clickers to make sure they don't get logged out so they can all raid at raid time.

ALL these people should be suspended ...

Why is this not being done???

Darkpaw said there were gonna be GMs on the server, what are they doing? You start suspending people for this and people will stop and the queue will move faster.
  2. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Do something simple like query who's been online for over 36 hours? :rolleyes:
  3. Hadesborne Augur

Hehe you guys seem to think they have that functionality. Comical.
  4. Zansobar Augur

So being in game too long is a ban-able offense?
  5. kit74 Lorekeeper

Honestly there is a simple solution just reset the server daily. Some time between say 0700 PST to 0900 PST and don't give a heads up untill 15 min prior in game
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  6. Dyzalot Augur

I've played 48 hours straight before. Not proud to admit it but I've done it.
    Pumpernickel likes this.
  7. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

Hourly

Doesn’t seem arbitrary at all
  8. Hadesborne Augur

really? 7PM to 9PM? prime playtime...wow i have to think that was a troll post.
  9. taliefer Augur

military time is hard
    Nordgaren and KimchiGoddess like this.
  10. Hadesborne Augur

yeah, i just woke up sue me
  11. SunDrake Augur

... because outside of the fact that it might represent an unhealthy relationship with the game, there is absolutely nothing in the rules that would dictate how much one is 'allowed' to play? Your definitions of play aren't universal. If someone wanted to sit in the tunnel for two days and stare at their bags, they can?
  12. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

You seem to think you know how to tell time. Comical.
  13. wade_watts Augur

The GM's are very busy sending warnings to people that are being /followed. They can't be bothered with this kind of thing.
    Aylion and KimchiGoddess like this.
  14. Windance Augur

I think they call this a server crash. They tried it on mangler. Folks didn't care for it.
  15. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

Well done. If I were an authority on ForumQuest merit badges, I would award you one.
  16. Kiaro Augur

TFW people are crying to open a 2nd Aradune server.
    :eek: RIZLOOOOONA NOOOOOOOO
    Seriously. Best solution right now would be to open up free Xfers to Riz - like they did from Ragefire to LJ. We'd see the populations balance out fairly quick (I know the only thing keeping me on Aradune is the 70$ of bags I claimed when it was passably stable.)
  17. code-zero Augur

I've been told that if you /petition that your bags will be moved for you
  18. Vlahkmaak Augur

Duration played/logged in would be a better metric for autoboots as someone could legitimately sit in que - log into a server reset and get re-sentenced to the que.
  19. nagash101 Augur

I think Aradune needs rebooted every morning.
    Raisehell likes this.
  20. HoodenShuklak Augur

If a GM just manually reset every origin zone and EC at something like 7 AM EST, you'd avoid a ton of the issues.