Apology without change is deception

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Raurk Zorander, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Raurk Zorander Journeyman

So - DBG apologized for all the mess they have created, but have done NOTHING to change Aradune's problems...which makes their apology null and void. What are your plans, DBG?
  2. Protagonist Tank

They did make a change, simultaneous to the apology. They lowered the server cap, so it would actually (barely) manage to run when at that cap.

They also added bonus xp, which was the dumb part - as the first change (necessarily) brought back queues but the second part made them worse.
  3. Xeris Augur

Their post literally said they're working on it and have patience. What did you expect? Them to resolve these issues in a few days? This gonna last a few months probably... I doubt it's a quick fix
    Skuz likes this.
  4. Bard2019 Elder

Then clearly the solution is to give everyone their money back.
    Wesleypipes77 likes this.
  5. Xeris Augur

I don't think that's clearly the solution
  6. Dyzalot Augur

I could see some extended time added to subs but I doubt they will be doing any refunds
  7. Duder Augur

Clear and easy solution? Use your sub to play on another server. QQ
  8. Moforyguy Elder

How can p99 come up with a solution in 2 days of launch? Green started insanely overcrowded. I remember 150 people in tox forest, 500 people in Gfay, and this is NO PICKZONES. They delayed server launch claiming they were working on software. You pay 15 dollars to play the NEW server that they ADVERTISED! I left mangler at Kunark cuz of all the clear botters and cheaters. This server has less obvious cheaters and botters but no one I know can get on when they get off work. Opening a clone server is the answer that they won't give you cuz EQ is now just a money printer until they close shop. When Pantheon FINALLY releases they know EQ money maker is GONE.
    bonzojon, Aenvar, Mac77 and 1 other person like this.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

p99 is an enthusiast project, EverQuest is a business

They are completely different in almost every way & should never be considered as being remotely alike.

Drawing comparisons between the two is completely nonsensical, you might as well compare a fish to an orbital weather satellite.
    Tarvas likes this.
  10. jeskola pheerie

Why? Your All-Access pass gets you into all the EverQuest servers plus EverQuest 2, PlanetSide, etc - you have plenty of options to utilize your subscription...
  11. Creedmonk Augur

Such a stupid argument that people keep using over and over again. It's like going to a restaurant and ordering a filet mignon and being delivered beef chuck. It's still from a cow right? You paid for food and you got edible food, so be happy, right?
  12. Tweakfour17 Augur

Quality meals take time to prepare. If you don't want chuck, you gotta wait in line (for now)
  13. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

Actually it’s more like going to a buffet, paying for it, having a selection of roughly 30 choices, then people throwing tantrums and demanding their money back because one of those choices is taking longer to produce because of the high demand.
    code-zero and Skuz like this.
  14. Megazen Elder

Your analogy is exactly wrong. It's like going into a buffet that has a big sign outside advertising 'WORLDS BEST LASAGNA!!!', them charging you for the buffet, and then telling you they don't have lasagna, and the only thing actually available is cat food.

People didn't sub to play planetside, they subbed to play this particular TLP. You know it, and they know it, any argument that you can just "play something else" doesn't even rise to the level of specious reasoning.
  15. Creedmonk Augur

No, it's not like that for most. Most people from my experience have returned specifically for Aradune. You could use the argument that it's like ordering a Lobster at dinner, paying for it ahead of time then being told sorry but we only have tilapia to offer you and we will not be returning your money you paid for the lobster. I know you paid for the lobster but we're sincerely sorry about this and are working hard to deliver the lobster which we have no idea when we will be able to deliver. You're welcome to continue to wait for it since you paid, but there's no time frame when this lobster will be delivered. In the mean time feel free to just eat the tilapia, okay?
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  16. Arkeal_Rathe_Bots Lorekeeper

but thats not the same thing,

They are selling plates when they dont have the beef. This is a problem
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  17. Name2 Augur

It doesn't need to be like anything. People want to play on Aradune. There is no subscription option for just playing on Aradune. There is no subscription option for playing just EverQuest. Intent matters. If all of EQ was experiencing these issues, would you be defending Daybreak saying just play the other games they offer, you're getting what you paid for?
  18. topple good idea generator

What does this have to do with lobster? The server is full man!

Stay on topic.
    Creedmonk likes this.
  19. Name2 Augur

EverQuest isn't lobster. EverQuest is immitation crab.
    Creedmonk likes this.
  20. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

Regarding your analogies they would almost make sense if you hadn’t already signed a document stating that you understand that the lobster or lasagna might not always be available at all times. Nice try though. If you feel so certain that you’re right on this, go ahead and lawyer up. Write your congressman too. Let me know how it works out for you. Otherwise all you’re doing is ensuring ForumQuest is meeting its salt quota.