I Reached Level 100...Now What?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mallon, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Mallon New Member

I finally hit level 100, and would like some direction on where to go from here. Any special quests and what zones would be best to gain xp. Thanks!!!
  2. Tatanka Joe Schmo

On to 101!!

(Sorry, I just couldn't resist ;) )

Generally, you just follow the expacs, since there's usually only one or two per level range.

RoF was 95-100, CotF was 100. So those two expacs come to mind, especially if you haven't worked on the partisan, merc and collection quests/achievements.

TDS was 101-105, and then TBM and EoK were level 105, so those would be good if you've made a lot of progress in RoF and CotF already.
  3. birdsong_pawn Augur

Do Gribbles missions until 106! Well, just kidding, sort of. :p

I found that doing TDS progression (and later, TBM progression) took away a lot of the "grind boredom" when doing those levels. Of course, you can also do CotF progression. As a bonus, all this will get you some good augs and whatnot.

If you happen to play a class that can kite or root-dot (e.g. necro), then killing in Frontier Mountains (EoK) is excellent experience at your level. Treants are a good place to start.
  4. Mallon New Member

5. Mallon New Member

All good information. I haven't worked on much of any of those quests/achievements or progressions, which I should start to do. Guess I've been talking to Franklin Teek to much, lol.
  6. Tatanka Joe Schmo

It IS addicting, doing lots of Teek missions. The XP is generally pretty good, and now that you can get sent right to the zone, it's a big boost.

Gribbles can be the same way, and in some ways, worse. Do them a bit, if you can, for the rewards, but definitely try to do some of the quests and achievements along the way. You will level slower, but I find it more interesting, and lot less >grindy<.
  7. Pawtato Augur

What server?
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Talk to Clayton Teek and get the daily HAs from him, he will port you directly to the mission givers, need a minimum of 2 chars +1 merc I think. He gives bonus exp for doing the HAs he has each day.

Personally I'd start doing CotF progression and go from there, CotF is when you start getting Heroic AAs for completing content so an added bonus as you level.
  9. Mallon New Member

Thank you for that, I forgot about Clayton Teek! Now I've levelled up and can do HA's...will check out CotF as well. I am on the Firiona Vie server.
  10. Bobokin Augur

If you are FTP, start a new character.

Not being able to use prestige will get you pounded.
  11. Cydonia Elder

I’m currently 108.

I got to where I am via hitting the daily HAs. Then grinding TBM HAs, for remnants of tranquility to gear up on. mostly the ones in this link

https://www.almarsguides.com/eq/leveling/TBM/Locations/HeroicAdventures/

Though I’d avoid we make our own rewards as the final boss in it had an annoying proc that hits for 150k and it’s pretty much hit and miss wether you can manage it before the group gets wiped.

You can also do into the temple (b) as part of those missions. (You’ll need to do into the temple (b) at least once as part of the progression required to enter the othe zones. The mission will reward you with a mirror fragment, that is used to move between some of the TBM zones.

It should also be mentioned that TBM missions in this guide are a great source of rk2 spells between 100-105, I got all of my rk2 spells on 2 of my toons and about 2/3 of the ones on my third by level 105

Though it depends on how you’re set up.

I do this as a 3 box. I used marks of honor from cotf to gear up enough to handle the TBM zones, then at 105, I decked out my tank fully with the remnants of tranquility from all three toons (its tradable) and a few bits on my other two toons.

If you’re solo it might not be so viable. Though I’ve also just started in EoKs frontier mountains to burn lessons, and that works pretty well at 107/108 where most mobs are blue, I hear it’s a good zone to solo even at lower levels because it’s wide open with lots of easy single pulls, it could be an option.
  12. Metanis Bad Company

This is Everquest. Do the quests! At least the Partisan's and Mercenary's! Exp just flows naturally this way and you get character enhancements like Heroic Resolution, etc. It also exposes you to the "Lore" for the expansion in a digestible manner. It also gets you familiar with every zone and every major mob category. Plus you loot an incredible amount of Tradeskill stuff which you can usually /barter or /bazaar for plat.
  13. Mallon New Member

You've all given me so much direction, I do appreciate it very much! Yes, this is EverQuest and I should do the quests, lol, and I will. I am not FTP, but I also do the 3 box, and my other toons are FTP. Cydonia, are your 2nd & 3rd toons FTP, or are they all 'all access'? My toons are all now level 102 and I am heading for the Dead Hills and Gribble to start off with. I love this game...I've tried so many others but always came back to EverQuest. Now I don't bother with other games. All input is welcome. I really appreciate everyone's help, once again thank you!!!
  14. Annastasya Augur

i don't know....get married.
    eqgamer likes this.
  15. Cydonia Elder

My accounts are all, all access. Though, you could probably get away with having just one main account all access.
  16. Tucoh Augur

If your goal is to get to 110 ASAP so you can group with people, Gribbles in DH and TBM quests are good options. Both gives currency for decent leveling gear.

If you're trying to enjoy the leveling process and see the content, I recommend doing VoA/RoF/CotF progression, or if you don't like quests just traverse through each zone wiping it all out and moving to the next one.
  17. Mallon New Member

More good info, thank you. Maybe I'll start with the progressions you mentioned. Gribbles first quest 'Into The Hills' is pretty difficult...Tried twice unsuccessfully. Maybe I should try again. :)
  18. birdsong_pawn Augur

Gribbles (and other CotF missions) do cap at level 100, so they start to get a lot easier as you gain levels past 100.
  19. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Sometimes you need to look outside the "Gribble";) I found Mad Max and Captain Cooper and Gribble himself to offer ones that were too hard when I started over there. But Marla in Tainted West Karana has easier ones it seems. The ones in bixie place can be easier too plus the zone entrance is right in Cresent Reach for easy traveling if Teek isn't handing them out.
  20. Cydonia Elder

Hmm the funny thing about into the hills is that right at the start you have a cluster of 3 or 4 mobs that will come together if you don’t have a method to split them, but once you break that pack, the rest of the mission is mostly single pullable.