Unacceptable performance to warrant a sub

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Tarelak_Ya_Boy, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Tarelak_Ya_Boy New Member

I have been a fan of EQ since 1999 and have loved playing it throughout the years. EverQuest is the one game that no matter what, I have to come revisit from time to time.

With that being said, the performance of the Aradune server is completely unsatisfactory. I pay two monthly subscriptions for two accounts just to play on this server. There is no reason why I should have a two hour queue EVERY SINGLE TIME I want to log in -- only to have a nearly GUARANTEED random crash occur during my play time. Tonight for example - 2 hour queue to log on - I am in the game for all of 30 minutes before it crashes. No big deal... try to log back in... remove character from the game world.... now the queue is FOUR. HOURS. (255 minutes to be exact). The performance of this server is in NO way worth $15 per month.

I am well aware that the stated policy is no refunds on game subscription time -- but I think this should be seriously rethought before someone class action lawsuits that a$$.
    Wesleypipes77 and Verrent like this.
  2. Stune Augur

Recommend the other servers, even mangler. You will enjoy your time online much more. This Server is unacceptable to its paying customers.
  3. Psalmz Elder

A lot of people subscribed to play on a new server with the Aradune ruleset. "Bait and switch" suggestions to play on Mangler or another server seem intended only to further aggravate dissatisfied customers.
    aphex_twin_ and Wesleypipes77 like this.
  4. Tweakfour17 Augur

The suggestions to play other servers are coming from the community who are (for the most part) trying to be helpful. To my knowledge DPB has not suggested you go play Mangler or Rizlona or FV, they are still looking into solutions.
  5. Moforyguy Elder

They said the delay of the server launch in March was because they were working on "new software for server stability" The test results revealed....That was a lie.

They said Gm's would have a presence and get rid of botters and cheaters.
    Test results revealed that was a lie.

Doesn't help a lot of people on here defend the cheating cuz they do it too.
    aphex_twin_, Mac77 and KimchiGoddess like this.
  6. Tocu New Member

At the very least one hopes that a grace period is implemented like 5 minutes before it makes you requeue (like pretty much every other online game in exsistance) crashing at no fault of your own and being punished for the games mistake is pretty brutal.
  7. Darkrend New Member

“Trying to be helpful” is interesting. Do you think any of the people being told they could play on another server is unaware that other servers are available? Aradune had a 4 hour queue last night. Do you know why the other servers don’t have a queue? Because Aradune was the ruleset people paid to play. This is unreal.

I already play on Mangler. I have more interest in Mangler than most of the people receiving this friendly advice, and it still comes off as patronizing and unhelpful; purposely dense even.

It’s disheartening to see Dev’s from other Daybreak companies be laid off at the same time. (Wrel from PS2.)
    Mezrah and Mac77 like this.
  8. Tweakfour17 Augur

So whats your advice then? Maybe once people rage out on the forums/discord and then take a deep breath and read a couple replies they will realize Rizlona IS a viable 2nd choice if you don't want to wait 4 hours to play. Or Mangler. Or Coirnav. But if thats just unreal, unhelpful and purposely dense...whatcha got?
  9. Sarvis Journeyman

It's not his job to come up with advice. And coming up with bad advice won't ameliorate the situation, let people vent. Everyone knows their options.
  10. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

There are 30 non-sticky threads on the front page of the default page 1 of the TLP forum.

26 are complaints/whine/venting.

That is what is ticking people off. If a typical ONE thread had been made and people posting complaining, offering suggestions, asking for advice, devs commenting, etc was up, 99% of the irritated comments regarding telling people to shut up would have gone away.

Instead, the entitled whining attitude that permeates this entire complaint stream exposes itself with the fact people have to keep posting new threads saying the exact same thing (you know, because they have delusions of self-importance) rather than keep the issue to one thread.

Its SPAM at this point.
    Xoner and Tarvas like this.
  11. Sarvis Journeyman

Oh no. Not spam. The horror. The horror.
  12. Redfizzle New Member

People are using auto clickers to randomly click the rotate button on the Character select screen holding the que up while they sleep or afk ect. I'm tired of 255 min ques.
    Aylion and Umdebus like this.
  13. Arkeal_Rathe_Bots Lorekeeper

Sure maybe Rizlona is a viable choice but only just barely. The other servers are by no means A VIABLE ALTERNATIVE. WHy? because the server isnt a FRESH TLP, with truebox rules , starting at classic.

Oh hey look, more "helpful" information. We know what our options are, so please. Go be "helpful" somewhere else because you aren't being helpful here at all
  14. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

One thing I don't get, is the pick zone system was created to deal with load bearing and allow servers to handle more people for these TLP launches. That was the main function.

It seemed to work pretty well once it was made. I remember there being like 800 people in gfay before the zone not crashed, as an example, before the first pick system was implemented on one older TLP.

But now, the server was getting unstable and crashing with MUCH fewer people that in prior releases to the point they had to throttle the number of logins. This indicates to me that they are using cheaper hardware or something.
  15. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Well, it can be annoying for some. It is always interesting when all the new members come out though. I wonder why they don't put their character's name when they vent.
    tofu stir fry likes this.
  16. Sarvis Journeyman

If the spam bothers you so much, might I suggest another forum? Such as Riz-The Veteran's Lounge? After all while you may have come to this forum for this forum's ruleset, it's important to remember there are other forums should you find this one unusable.
    Aylion and KimchiGoddess like this.
  17. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Some people are so predictable. I actually find it amusing. :)
  18. Tweakfour17 Augur

Heh heh I like you.
  19. KimchiGoddess Augur

The solution is obvious, another server with the same ruleset as Aradune.
    Mac77 likes this.
  20. nagash101 Augur

Well i think it might not be worth the bag cost and the sub fee. you might get the bag cost back because it was on a specific unacceptable server but the sub is gone. if you used PayPal for the bags and did not use Station cash you can get the money back.