Fixed Internally Instant Poof

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by CatsPaws, Jun 13, 2020.

1. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

There is confusion as to if players are crashing or poofing in game. So this post would be for those of us who just lose a character to poofing.

In other words there is no game configuration error message, you are not left at a log in screen or server select screen, you character is not still in the world, you see and get no messages as to being disconnected.....

Its just Poof! You look up and your character is gone. You can log back in just fine.

As opposed to a crash where you have error messages or are kicked to the server screen or cannot get the character logged back in cause he is hanging in the world from the crash etc.

It was happening a lot last weekend, not once during the week and now it is happening again. Always in the lobby for me. Has not happened while fighting.

So is there some new mechanic not yet released that has snuck its way in early to disconnect players without notice due to lag?
    Barton and Diani like this.
  2. Duder Augur

[IMG]
  3. Midasa Elder

This just happened to me a few minutes ago on a live server. I was in a hero mission instance of Kael (the TOV zone) hunting for collectibles. I got my last one, clicked it, collected quest rewards since was the very last one I needed.
    I killed one more mob to see if could get another collectible, and while fighting, I noticed my achievements were messed up, as in several of the ones I had completed in the same TOV Collections section now showed as incomplete.
    I steined to POK, thinking maybe zoning would fix it. Ran out of the "bar" building and into the open area, tried to open achievement window and poof. No crash message, no EQ process, all gone.
    I noticed the file Logs/dbg.txt has what appears to be all the pertinent information for a dev to research this. Opening a ticket with attachments.
  4. Kaldaur Lorekeeper

These instant returns to desktop have been happening to some of us for weeks now. They have not responded to any of these threads where the problem is brought up. It's because they are incapable of dealing with the issues they create in their own game.