How is crashing into queues better than slow chat?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Trance, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Trance Lorekeeper

Seriously? Was this a collective decision?

Scenario A)
    Wait 2 hours in queue, get into game, CRASH, wait 2 more hours in queue.

Scenario B)
    Play game when you want, chat is slow, wait 10 minutes to zone.

HOW ON EARTH, did you think that scenario A was acceptable, and scenario B was not?

Seriously how could even entertain the IDEA of putting a queue back after we all got to play and have fun last weekend?

Furthermore, you HAVE THE ABILITY TO DETECT MY CHARACTER IN THE WORLD. Which means it would take a fresh 12 week coding bootcamp graduat script kiddie like a half a day to take that data and use it to allow us to skip queue if we just crashed out of the game.

So I ask, are these decisions made with the express purpose of running off the customer base? or is Mr. Bean running this company now?

[IMG]
    Trey likes this.
  2. Trevalon Augur

It's not.

Less Queues More Lag!
    wade_watts likes this.
  3. Malachi Augur

I haven't crashed since queues came back. I sympathize with those who it affects, but I just thought I'd offer a differing opinion of the queue.

On the other hand, I couldn't zone when it was a (10 minute zone loading time). That's actually when my game would either freeze for up to 2 hours or crash.
    Jamaaly likes this.
  4. angelmagyk New Member

When there was no queue, I could also never zone, my game would stop responding. The taking 10-12 seconds for a message to post was acceptable, barely chat anyway.
    Jamaaly likes this.
  5. Trance Lorekeeper

So basically anyone who has a job, anyone who has a family, anyone who lives on the west coast. Anyone who has to step away from their PC in the evening is not allowed to play on this server.

The queue is absolutely moronic.
    Trey, Xoner, Jamaaly and 1 other person like this.
  6. Malachi Augur

Do you honestly believe your own post? Perhaps I'm being too obtuse to the obvious hyperbole. But I have such a sneaky feeling this is an actual thought meant to be taken at literal value?
  7. Trance Lorekeeper

It is quite literal. If you weren't already logged in by 6pm EST and stayed that way, You did not get to play today.
    Jamaaly likes this.
  8. Ruiner Lorekeeper

You could at least plan around 10 minute zone times. Right now you're at the mercy of random DCs and crashes. The Zone lag is 100 % the better option over queues.
  9. brickz Augur

I don't crash so a queue I can plan around is substantially better than the entire game being sluggish and awful
    Kukaw likes this.
  10. HicksSelos Lorekeeper

Its one of those you cant win either way

People who are levelling etc would prefer the queues gone and long zoning times, but anyone who is raiding its completely unplayable.

Prime time raiding with the tell lag, zoning etc is the worst i've ever seen - even the raid tool, to move 1 character to another group takes about a minute.

Hopefully we'll see some improvements to the server soon but i'm not optimistic
  11. Arog Augur

Its not better. After 3.5 hour queue to get in, I did play for almost an hour before crashing to desktop in WP. That makes 6 crashes to desktop since Aradune launched. 3 of the crashes were in the commons which I stay away from now. I had to step away and take a few deep breaths before posting this. I don't have it in me to sit in the queue again for another 3 hours tonight. Please fix this xxxx xxxx bugs and remove the queue.
    Jamaaly likes this.
  12. Kukaw Augur

I'm with Brickz on this.

The only crashing I did/have done, was the night before they brought the queue back.
    That night was insanely terrible!
    I do consider myself lucky that I have not had to deal with the crashing issue...sorry for all you folks who have been dealing with that on top of all this other crap. It's just another kick to the nuts:(

The game was unplayable. It took over 3 minutes before I could click "follow" for a group invite.
    Then the chat lag (group chat not channel chat) made that even worse because we couldn't communicate WTH was going on at anytime.
    Normally you can get away with minimal chat if everything is going smooth, but with everyone in group have their own issues it just didn't work...the group just dissolved in less than an hour.
    Then add in the zoning? Nope, I'll take the queues.

For the record I am not saying this is the way it should be; we or they (the devs) shouldn't have to chose a lesser evil, but if I have to, I chose the queue.
  13. Malachi Augur

"anyone who has a job"

Is there a possibility people have a job but their work schedules allow them to plan on the current queues?

"anyone who has a family"

Honestly?

I was just curious because there are honest to goodness issues to be addressed here but this hyperbole makes it seem like a circus that shouldn't be taken seriously.
  14. Trance Lorekeeper

You breaking your neck to try and defend this garbage is the only circus in town mate.
  15. Trance Lorekeeper

Lol slow chat doesn't make the game unplayable it makes it slow. Literally being unplayable ( a queue) makes it unplayable.
  16. Tweakfour17 Augur

Thats subjective, you don't have to dig very hard to find a ton of posts from last week about how the slow chat literally did make the game unplayable (for some people), just like the queue makes the game unplayable for some people (the ones in the queue, some people are in and playing)
  17. Malachi Augur

I honestly wish it was more than a few keystrokes to point out the idiocy in some of the posts I read. Alas, my response isn't the strenuous physical or mental exercise you want to make it out to be.

Further, I stopped paying DBG more than 8 years ago. I do not defend their practices or past/present business decisions. I'm only here because its one of the few places that harbor a game I've enjoyed for half a lifetime and Kronos have allowed me to enjoy whats left of a great core game.

I consider the forums to be a great venue for angry customers to vent and exercise whatever other indulgence that fit within the forum guidelines. But with alittle thought and self awareness, you could actually make a difference and not be just another post ignored by the ones who matter.
    Check this post out for instance: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/a-message-for-jenn-chan.267936/

Something that has a higher probability (higher than zero like this thread) of actually not being ignored.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  18. Arog Augur

How long do you play when you play? What is your block of time? Is 50 minutes enough time for you to play? What about a 6 hour block for a Friday night? Well I just waited in queue for 3.5 hours to play for 50 minutes and crashed to desktop and then was back in queue that said 130 minutes. Add up all the time it was longer than my 6 hour block of time to play tonight. Yes I have a job and married with kids. My wife was alright with me being able to play tonight but was a waste of time. So don't hate on people that say they aren't able to play the game the way it is with the queue because you obviously don't understand his situation or others similar to it. Just keep farming your Kronos. Oh and what program are you using to keep from being removed when you go AFK all night?
  19. Malachi Augur

The people "hating" on people that say they aren't able to play the game; are as empty in their skulls as the post I responded to. None of the people you are referring to are responding to this thread.

The other inaccuracies and falsehoods here aren't really worth responding to as they don't pertain to me.

But this responds to them nicely:

That's a post that is also contained in the link I linked in the previous post above. Its in response to someone asking how one could use Krono to play without being a "Just keep farming your Kronos" type of player. I would suggest read the thread for context but I know you won't.
    I understand how easy right now it can be to be narrowly focused on what is so frustrating about the game, but I am not your enemy.
  20. Hadesborne Augur

The problem is this: The mere fact that you posted a differing opinion to a person who is posting REAL issues to the way the game is being handled is an attempt (unintended or not) to undermine said message. So YES, you are, whether or not you INTENDED to be, his enemy.